Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is Ben going to call out this week?

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Who is Ben going to call out this week?

I say retire Ben, pick up a good vet in the off season and draft a young QB in 2018 or 2019. Ben is the only one struggling, piss poor throw's forced throw's to one of the better CB's in the NFL and picks and after all that his facial expressions are it's the receivers fault. After 5 games this should not be happening with the talent on this team.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Who is Ben going to call out this week?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I say retire Ben, pick up a good vet in the off season and draft a young QB in 2018 or 2019. Ben is the only one struggling, piss poor throw's forced throw's to one of the better CB's in the NFL and picks and after all that his facial expressions are it's the receivers fault. After 5 games this should not be happening with the talent on this team.
    We really can't wait until 2019. If Ben is in at QB, you will have Landry Jones who is awful and an unproven Dobbs.

- - - Updated - - -

Ben has not played well at all this year, but today he jumped the shark

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    We really can't wait until 2019. If Ben is in at QB, you will have Landry Jones who is awful and an unproven Dobbs.
    You can if you pick up a good vet in the off season.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Not ready to say he is done, but it is interesting that the entire '04 draft class is looking like crap this season.

So maybe father time has come for 3 more players?

Still, more than bad physical stuff, I see bad mental play. That has to be on how Ben preps and whatnot.

You can if you pick up a good vet in the off season.
    Yeah, but I don't want to waste a year not getting a young QB and rolling with a guy who is better served as a backup. The Steelers will go nowhere with a guy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Not ready to say he is done, but it is interesting that the entire '04 draft class is looking like crap this season.

Still, more than bad physical stuff, I see bad mental play. That has to be on how Ben preps and whatnot.
    That's because *mentally* he retired on the sidelines at last years game.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Agreed he has been off all year - Peyton Manning went from running a historically good offense in 2013 to falling apart by the second half of the 2014 season so it can all end quickly.

I have posted previously on Ben's flaws as a team leader but that could be worked around when Ben was still performing at a high level

Tomlin is going to earn his pay if he can fix this

Senior Member Array title="Neversatisfied has a spectacular aura about">

There are a few very promising QBs in the upcoming draft. Draft a QB in the 1st round and see if Ben would be willing to stick around for a year to help in development with the future QB

Yeah, but I don't want to waste a year not getting a young QB and rolling with a guy who is better served as a backup. The Steelers will go nowhere with a guy like that
    Someone like Cousins would not be a backup.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

With the inflation in QB salaries Cousins or Alex Smith are going to cost Ben level $$$

That might require letting Bell go and without Bell who knows how this offense would perform

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    With the inflation in QB salaries Cousins or Alex Smith are going to cost Ben level $$$

That might require letting Bell go and without Bell who knows how this offense would perform
    That might not be a bad idea if the QB play improved

Cousins is not worth over $20 million

Cousins is not worth over $20 million
    Well whats Ben making and producing? KC next week.

BurghBoy412

Cue the Ben apologists

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I got it. He will say that while there is "no excuse" and it is "on him" he had the same flu/illness that caused AV to drop 20 lbs.

He will mumble something about feeling weak and tired and not "sharp".

Who wants to bet me?

Ū Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Aging Cowher players are set to leave. It will soon be an all-Tomlin team. That's scary.
    Hater = Realist

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    Aging Cowher players are set to leave. It will soon be an all-Tomlin team. That's scary.
    It is pretty clear the team has not recovered from the retirement of long snapper Greg Warren

BurghBoy412

It is pretty clear the team has not recovered from the retirement of long snapper Greg Warren
    I blame the 6th round Holba pick

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

I totally agree...i know for a fact ben takes just about every wednesday off...im beginning to think he is just going through the motions and if thats the case he should have retired. I just think he would rather be at home with the family

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Sign Rivers on a 1 year deal and problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMayhem72 View Post
    I totally agree...i know for a fact ben takes just about every wednesday off...im beginning to think he is just going through the motions and if thats the case he should have retired. I just think he would rather be at home with the family

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    I recall someone posting that when they went to St Vincent's for training camp Ben looked like he had put on weight again

Would be interesting to know if as he spent the offseason pondering retirement he cut back on training (I understand he has reduced throwing in the offseason for several years) - his lousy location on passes could be poor mechanics or more likely loss of strength and flexibility (not just arm strength) to power his throws that comes with age unless you are manic like Brady about conditioning

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Look in the mirror

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

A QB is much higher a priority than retaining Bell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BurghBoy412 View Post
    Cue the Ben apologists
    Why do you always feel the need to attack other Steelers fan when the team and/or Ben suck? Is that your form of therapy? Do you think any Steelers fan enjoys this?

BurghBoy412

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    A QB is much higher a priority than retaining Bell.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you always feel the need to attack other Steelers fan when the team and/or Ben suck? Is that your form of therapy? Do you think any Steelers fan enjoys this?
    Only as much as I enjoy being "attacked" for my views. It's simple if I don't share the same opinion as you. Then you attack. It's ok. Besides did I "attack" anyone on this forum personally? Did I name, names? No I simply shared something you didn't like. So you chose to go on the "attack". Block me. Ignore me. I don't really care. I'll share how I feel and if you can't handle it that's your problem. It is you sir, that comes on here and accuses others of being "whiney" and "pessimistic". Do you think anyone likes hearing that? Let's face it. It's not like you really add any quality content to this forum anyway.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Only as much as I enjoy being "attacked" for my views. It's simple if I don't share the same opinion as you. Then you attack. It's ok. Besides did I "attack" anyone on this forum personally? Did I name, names? No I simply shared something you didn't like. So you chose to go on the "attack". Block me. Ignore me. I don't really care. I'll share how I feel and if you can't handle it that's your problem. It is you sir, that comes on here and accuses others of being "whiney" and "pessimistic". Do you think anyone likes hearing that? Let's face it. It's not like you really add any quality content to this forum anyway.
    Ben sucked today. What's to disagree with? He's played poorly as a whole this year. Could be the beginning of the end. I haven't seen anybody defend his play today. Do you have direct quotes?

I'll share how I feel and if you can't handle it that's your problem.
    Spoiler alert Sparky - we are guests on this board and at some point, depending how you share how you feel, it might become your problem if the mods decide to give you some time in the penalty box

Let's face it. It's not like you really add any quality content to this forum anyway.
    I respectfully disagree - DesertSteel is a poster I enjoy reading

BurghBoy412

What exactly have I done to warrant a time out?

BurghBoy412

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Ben sucked today. What's to disagree with? He's played poorly as a whole this year. Could be the beginning of the end. I haven't seen anybody defend his play today. Do you have direct quotes?
    Of course they haven't. There's nothing to defend.

What exactly have I done to warrant a time out?
    I do not have the time or inclination to make a list but you might want to dial it back - just my thoughts

I doubt anybody on this board is in a good mood about today's game but directing your fire at posters might not be a best practice - but I am not a mod

BurghBoy412

I do not have the time or inclination to make a list but you might want to dial it back - just my thoughts
    I don't understand why you feel the need to threaten me. I haven't done anything wrong. I'll just go ahead and contact a mod to straighten this out.