Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is Ben going to call out this week?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Who is Ben going to call out this week?

Quote Originally Posted by BurghBoy412 View Post
    Of course they haven't. There's nothing to defend.
    Well that's my point. They aren't any. Why agg it on when nobody enjoyed watching that?

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BurghBoy412 View Post
    I don't understand why you feel the need to threaten me. I haven't done anything wrong. I'll just go ahead and contact a mod to straighten this out.
    Go for it

Fun fact - a threat is a statement of an intention to inflict pain, injury, damage, or other hostile action on someone in retribution for something done or not done.

As I said, I am not a mod and cannot do anything about what you post here even if I wanted to do so. While you may take exception to what I have posted those observations are not a threat

BurghBoy412

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Well that's my point. They aren't any. Why agg it on when nobody enjoyed watching that?
    Why ask why? I suppose I don't understand the seriousness here. They lost a game. Life goes on. Hopefully they play better next week.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Why ask why? Try Bud Dry?

Cmon I can't be the only one who remembers that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

Love the changing of the subject there to calm everybody down...

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

I will admit that I cant really remember a time in the last 10-15 years where I have been so disappointed in this team. Like the guy (cant remember his name) said on football night in america that the steelers lack leadership...not ben or any others for that matter are steering the ship in the right direction.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMayhem72 View Post
    I will admit that I cant really remember a time in the last 10-15 years where I have been so disappointed in this team. Like the guy (cant remember his name) said on football night in america that the steelers lack leadership...not ben or any others for that matter are steering the ship in the right direction.

That is exactly what it feels like. TODAY.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Well Ben has his work cut out for him. I think KC is the real deal.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Meh...it’s a loss. Ben mentally isn’t in the game at this stage. His comments today made that clear. Only hope is that he gets his shit together, otherwise there may be a real good chance the Steelers are in position to draft his successor.

Junior Member Array title="FeelTHESteel is an unknown quantity at this point"> FeelTHESteel's Avatar

Maybe its not all Ben.. Haley has a bit to answer for as well.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by FeelTHESteel View Post

Like throwing the ball 55 times going up agiant the top pass defense and one of the worst run defenses

Junior Member Array title="FeelTHESteel is an unknown quantity at this point"> FeelTHESteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Like throwing the ball 55 times going up agiant the top pass defense and one of the worst run defenses
    Exactly.

Its a known fact that Ben holds resentment towards Haley after Arians release. Another fact is that Ben was livid after the playcalls in last yrs AFCCG, add his retirement quotes and a stuttering Offense this season and its all adding up. Ben is Over It.

And half the locker room isn’t that fond of Ben.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FeelTHESteel View Post

Agreed

Jags were pretty dismissive in the postgame about having the better game plan and then carrying it out

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Agreed

Jags were pretty dismissive in the postgame about having the better game plan and then carrying it out

The thing is, there are many possibilities for the reasons that play or plays occurred.

Ben may not have recognized it as zone pre-snap. If he did recognize it, he could have gotten them in a better play. If they put a receiver in motion and nobody followed him....it's zone. I don't remember if they did have motion before the snap on that play, but there are a lot of things I don't understand in Haley's offense and the way it is applied on the field.

Ben may have recognized it and the WR ran the wrong route or failed to make an adjustment on the fly based on the post-snap look. With many routes, there are adjustments to be made based on the defense. It's possible Bryant was supposed to sit down in the zone at the sticks, or he simply didn't run the cross deep enough. It is very difficult to know any of this stuff without knowing the playbook.

Everyone has to be on the same page or the offense doesn't work. It's one of those things that is an undeniable truth in football. Anybody that played this game at a reasonably high level understands that. It's just impossible to know what percentage of this is on Ben. Only the offensive coaching staff knows if Ben is 10% of the problem, or 100%.

There's a reason Eli Rogers was benched. I'm assuming that there are a lot of reads and responsibilities being blown by receivers.

The only thing I know for sure is that every aspect of this offense needs to get better.

It starts with Ben. He needs to play better...period.

The OL needs to step up and play at a consistently high level. This improves the run game, and gives Ben the time to consistently make reads and throw the ball.

WR's other than AB need to impose their will and make a difference in games. That simply hasn't happened. JuJu isn't included in this, because he's a rookie. They have players that have enough experience in this offense to know their assignments, and then have the athletic ability to make some plays. They're not doing that. If they're not wide open and a perfect pass comes their way, they're not making plays. They don't even seem to fight for the ball enough and are easily tackled. Not very inspiring.

The offensive coaching, play calling, and even philosophy needs to be adjusted IMO. There are some disturbing things from an offensive approach that are frankly baffling. The lack of motion at times. The empty set backfield, particularly inside the 10 yard line. Using your big, fast, freak athlete Bryant to run 2 yard outs way too often. The almost complete lack of play action. When defenses are playing 2-deep zone, they need to use a TE to threaten the deep middle of the field. It's where the defense is vulnerable. I can't remember seeing that one time by a Steelers TE.....and on and on and on.

Chemistry is non-existent on this team. I believe there are a lot of problems in that locker room right now and they have been building for some time.

It's very bad right now on that side of the ball, and it's not just one thing.

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

He should call out himself to play better and, yes KC looks to be the best team in the NFL.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Not sure of the question. Didn't he already call himself out?

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    Not sure of the question. Didn't he already call himself out?
    Exactly.

He isn't playing well and acknowledged it. Even though the one pick was off a tipped ball at the LOS and another is when JUJu fell. He is owning those even though he shouldn't be.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Agreed

Let's see the Jags try that against a Brady or Rodgers. Those two would take what was there and make the plays.

There’s nothing on that paper there that’s not true. It was an easy Sunday for Jacksonville. They should be acting that way.

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    Let's see the Jags try that against a Brady or Rodgers. Those two would take what was there and make the plays.
    That's why they're number 1 and 2 They play smart football. with Ben and Haley it's bombs away instead of taking what the defense gives. Good post.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Ben might take himself out with the next big hit too. What a shame they took so long to put the team together and it's not really together. It's actually very divided.
    All Defense!

Appears Hines Ward is calling out Ben with this question about leadership
    “The talent is there, but if you have a lot of ‘me guys’ out there, you’re not going to get to where you want to get,” Ward said. “Someone has to take the leadership role. There was always the passing of the torch to someone. Jerome [Bettis] left it to me and James Farrior and those guys. It’s just always been like that.

“The Steelers have always done a great job of mixing the older guys with the younger guys and teaching them the way, and for whatever reason, there was some leadership lost after Brett Keisel left, after Troy Polamalu left and Casey Hampton and those guys.

“Yes, the talent is there. But is the leadership there in the locker room?”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/j...s/201710110050

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Appears Hines Ward is calling out Ben with this question about leadership
    “The talent is there, but if you have a lot of ‘me guys’ out there, you’re not going to get to where you want to get,” Ward said. “Someone has to take the leadership role. There was always the passing of the torch to someone. Jerome [Bettis] left it to me and James Farrior and those guys. It’s just always been like that.

“The Steelers have always done a great job of mixing the older guys with the younger guys and teaching them the way, and for whatever reason, there was some leadership lost after Brett Keisel left, after Troy Polamalu left and Casey Hampton and those guys.

“Yes, the talent is there. But is the leadership there in the locker room?”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/j...s/201710110050
    I agree with Hines.

Where does Hines question Ben’s leadership?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I love how everyone always goes to the "intangibles" for answers when a supposedly good team starts stinking up the joint. Especially these high-powered former players turned analysts. I honestly think it is because it is an "easy" story and does not require any work to actually put together. Plus you can go on TV and say cool sounding things like:

"In the National Football League (never just say NFL or Pro Football - that's a rookie mistake), you have to have leeaaaaddders. Without leaaaddders (you need to make it a word with way more syllables than it has for some reason) your team is not going to function properly. Too many young players in the National Football League think it is all about them and their brand. With social media and whatever, they are focused on goals outside of what the team needs to be successful in the National Football League. I once removed my own spleen on sideline during a TV timeout and superglued the wound back together so I could get back on the football field (it must be constantly pointed out that we are talking about a football field - despite the incessant use of the term NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE) and help my team-mates win. This desire to bleed and die on the gridiron wasn't from the coaches - it can't come from them. It has to come from the leeeeeaaaaadddddarhs on your team creating a culture of action and responsibility. Right now when I watch the Pittsburgh Steelers play, I see a franchise that has lost that warrior culture (Make sure to offer this conclusion with no evidence or actual interaction with current members of the team). I remember when we use to have to go into Pittsburgh and play, guys were worried. Guys called it a 57 chinstrap game (Make sure to really draw attention to the fact that the game and players were far tougher when you played. Even if that was last year). That doesn't happen anymore. Big Ben (always use clever player nicknames when talking about people - makes it seem like you know them and clearly you must have the inside info!), AB, RaYShay (make up a few along the way), and others on this team need to get together and figure this out. It has to be about pride, discipline, and imposing your will on the other team. That is what it take to win in the National Football League each Sunday."

And now you have all graduated from MojoUW's school of NFL pundit dip-shittery. Feel free to ask ESPN for a job.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I love how everyone always goes to the "intangibles" for answers when a supposedly good team starts stinking up the joint. Especially these high-powered former players turned analysts. I honestly think it is because it is an "easy" story and does not require any work to actually put together. Plus you can go on TV and say cool sounding things like:

"In the National Football League (never just say NFL or Pro Football - that's a rookie mistake), you have to have leeaaaaddders. Without leaaaddders (you need to make it a word with way more syllables than it has for some reason) your team is not going to function properly. Too many young players in the National Football League think it is all about them and their brand. With social media and whatever, they are focused on goals outside of what the team needs to be successful in the National Football League. I once removed my own spleen on sideline during a TV timeout and superglued the wound back together so I could get back on the football field (it must be constantly pointed out that we are talking about a football field - despite the incessant use of the term NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE) and help my team-mates win. This desire to bleed and die on the gridiron wasn't from the coaches - it can't come from them. It has to come from the leeeeeaaaaadddddarhs on your team creating a culture of action and responsibility. Right now when I watch the Pittsburgh Steelers play, I see a franchise that has lost that warrior culture (Make sure to offer this conclusion with no evidence or actual interaction with current members of the team). I remember when we use to have to go into Pittsburgh and play, guys were worried. Guys called it a 57 chinstrap game (Make sure to really draw attention to the fact that the game and players were far tougher when you played. Even if that was last year). That doesn't happen anymore. Big Ben (always use clever player nicknames when talking about people - makes it seem like you know them and clearly you must have the inside info!), AB, RaYShay (make up a few along the way), and others on this team need to get together and figure this out. It has to be about pride, discipline, and imposing your will on the other team. That is what it take to win in the National Football League each Sunday."

And now you have all graduated from MojoUW's school of NFL pundit dip-shittery. Feel free to ask ESPN for a job.
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Where does Hines question Ben’s leadership?
    Ward has a history of bad blood with Ben going back to at least 2009 and is saying the team needs a leader but is asking if there is one - the likely suspect to pick up the torch of leadership would be the 14 year veteran QB who said last week he was calling out AB on his radio show because “I like to think as a leader of this team, it's kind of my job,” Roethlisberger said Wednesday. “You have to be able to talk to people, and you have to be able to communicate in different ways. I've been doing this a long time, and so I feel that as a captain that's one of the roles of being a captain.” But Ward says "for whatever reason, there was some leadership lost after Brett Keisel left, after Troy Polamalu left and Casey Hampton and those guys."

I do not think it was a random photo selection that had a picture of Ben with his head down above Starkey's column in the Post-Gazette

I love how everyone always goes to the "intangibles" for answers when a supposedly good team starts stinking up the joint. Especially these high-powered former players turned analysts. I honestly think it is because it is an "easy" story and does not require any work to actually put together.
    Maybe so - but running the Chicago anthem protest as an exercise in democracy and subsequent expressions of free will rather than a few veterans saying "this is what we are going to do - don't fuck it up" probably could have turned out better.