Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 5:Jaguars(2-2)

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Week 5:Jaguars(2-2)

I do not think the Jaguars are a bad team.It's just a team with a horrible QB.Bortles was horrible against the jets today.

Their defense against the pass is very good and yes their run defense was horrible against the jets, it was mainly because of 2 long runs of more than 70 yards.

If our defense contains Fournette and our pass defense continues to play as right now against the horrible QB, the steelers should be in a good position to win this game.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Week 5:Jaguars(2-2)

The Jaguars actually aren't a trash team, so it may be a good game for Pittsburgh.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

The Jags defense is actually really good and if the Steelers can’t stop their run game, could be a long day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

What scares me:
    --the Jaguars defense is great
    --Fournette

What doesn't scare me:
    --Bortles

SUMMATION:
    This is basically a second helping of the Ravens game: be patient on offense, stop the run, and make an underwhelming QB try to beat you.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Classic trap game. Win versus biggest rival, followed by a “lesser team” and looking forward to the best team in the AFC...

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Classic trap game. Win versus biggest rival, followed by a “lesser team” and looking forward to the best team in the AFC...
    This is not a trap game....The Jaguars are not bad.....They just have a bad QB....The game is also at home....

Trap games don’t have to be on the road. The Jags have a bad QB, missing their #1 WR and this should be an easy win at home for this team. Should be...if they don’t prepare well for this game, they could wind up losing it.

Trap games don’t have to be on the road. They have a bad QB and this should be an easy win at home for this team. Should be...if they don’t prepare well for this game, they could wind up losing it.

Agree on the bold...

But I do not think it should be an easy victory for the steelers since the jags were competitive at every game this year except for the second half against the titans.

If the steelers lose this game, it would be very disappointing, but it will not be disappointing like the lost against the Bears.The Bears are terrible,the Jags are not terrible.

BurghBoy412

This game will be won or lost by the Steelers O-line and Ben.

Fournette will be motivated to show he can out perform Bell. Defense better be ready to hit someone.

I looked at the stats of the Jaguars and their run defense, even before today it's not very good.

Their pass defense is great too, so the steelers need to be patient in offense and Bell needs to be used a lot like today.....

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

We are a better team top to bottom.

What matters most is how Ben perceives the Jaguars.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Steelers have been feasting on weaker Os this year, so the Steelers are definitely capable of stuffing the Jags. The offense is also playing at home where they play better. They got 26 against the Vikes at home who have a top tier defense, they most certainly could score that many against the Jags

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Trap games don’t have to be on the road. The Jags have a bad QB, missing their #1 WR and this should be an easy win at home for this team. Should be...if they don’t prepare well for this game, they could wind up losing it.
    our trap games that we lose are almost always on the road. Watch Ben light it up next week for no real reason other than the fact that he plays like that at home and the complete opposite anywhere else

im really surprised the jaguars run defense is ranked last. im sure people havent really been attempting to throw on them all that much since thats their forte but still, that front 7 has some outstanding players: Calais Campbell, Malik Jackson, Telvin Smith, Paul Poluzsny, and a lot of up and coming players.

I think Ben will have his 1st truly dominant game of the season either next week, or in 2 weeks against the Bengals (prediction brought to you by Ben plays great at home)
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Fournette hasn't shown anything yet. Overhyped.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    The Jaguars actually aren't a trash team, so it may be a good game for Pittsburgh.
    Certainly the postgame message Tomlin was sending

[C]oming off the field after dominating Baltimore, Mike Tomlin said loudly to the players within earshot: “Hey! We got a hot J-ville [Jacksonville] team coming to town next week! Whacked these guys [Baltimore] worse than we did. Let’s get ready to work!” Setting the stage already.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/02/nf...eter-king-mmqb

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Yeah the Jags defense is pretty good lookout for Cambell he playing well and, they do have some playmakers on the offense. Hopefully the defense can make Bortlles look like Flacco did yesterday. I think after the Bears game the Steelers make have woke and, smelled the coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post

I think Ben will have his 1st truly dominant game of the season either next week, or in 2 weeks against the Bengals (prediction brought to you by Ben plays great at home)
    I could totally see that and I could see most of that going to Brown to “make up”for the Ravens game.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Jaguars ranked 1st against the pass, last against the run.

Steelers with the 2nd most sacks in the league. The only team ahead of them? The Jaguars. Hmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Steelers with the 2nd most sacks in the league. The only team ahead of them? The Jaguars. Hmm.
    So...

My gameplan: run the ball.

Haley's gameplan: 80/20 pass/run with the majority of those passes utilizing an empty backfield

Joking aside, 25 carries each for both Bell and Conner.

BurghBoy412

They're going to be coming for Ben. Best thing to do is run the shit outta the ball and throw short quick passes. Get a lead and force Bottles to beat you.

BurghBoy412

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    So...

Haley's gameplan: 80/20 pass/run with the majority of those passes utilizing an empty backfield

Joking aside, 25 carries each for both Bell and Conner.
    80/20 more like 95/5. I heard he's thinking of running the spread for this game. He wants to utilize Ben's running ability.

Quote Originally Posted by BurghBoy412 View Post
    He wants to utilize Ben's running ability.
    I just saw Alex Smith lined up as the RB. I hope that that doesn't give Haley any ideas...

BurghBoy412

Fournette vs. Jets
    https://youtu.be/61vWad-iHmk

BurghBoy412

I just saw Alex Smith lined up as the RB. I hope that that doesn't give Haley any ideas...
    You never know with Haley. Well maybe not. Can you say PREDICTABLE?

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

So...

Not to mention about a dozen bubble screens, a dozen wraparound draws, and a trick play at the wrong time

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

They just better not look past them to get at the 5-0 Chiefs (assuming they win at Houston).

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

We are NOT a good team, thererfore Jax are a very lose-able game. Look at the Chicago game, and even the Cleveland game. This team is inconsistent as hell, and most of the time unprepared and poorly coached. We have a lot of talent, but I'm not sure the talent knows how to utilize themselves yet.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    We are NOT a good team, thererfore Jax are a very lose-able game. Look at the Chicago game, and even the Cleveland game. This team is inconsistent as hell, and most of the time unprepared and poorly coached. We have a lot of talent, but I'm not sure the talent knows how to utilize themselves yet.
    Defense: Has been plating great A
    Running Game: Finally on track B-
    Passing Game: Ben and WR need to get their rhythm down D
    Special Teams: Nothing bad to evaluate B

We are at a B- or C range as a whole

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post
    Defense: Has been plating great A
    Running Game: Finally on track B-
    Passing Game: Ben and WR need to get their rhythm down D
    Special Teams: Nothing bad to evaluate B

We are at a B- or C range as a whole
    Your grading system is just based on your thoughts/feelings. There is no charts. Me saying this is NOT a good team is based on MY OPINION. I still see missed tackles, Ben making terrible throw's (high, low, in front of or behind receivers), dropped ball, timing still off, player's in wrong spots or running wrong routes, NO pass rushing, NO pass coverage ( 5-10 cushions and then trying to run the receiver down), NOT being able to get the opponent off the field in 3rd and longs. And especially, NOT being able to put a team away ..... no killer instinct. Stupid ass play calling. We can't recognize when to play the run game or the pass game. 3rd and 2 and they still go for long balls ..... when just picking up 1st downs would kill the opponent. Again, stupid play calling. Don't get me wrong, we have great player's in many of the positions, BUT as I also said some are not being utilized to the fullest. I think the coaches are having trouble figuring when to have the running game powered up. After 8 weeks of football ( 4 preseason 4 regular) I think pieces of puzzle should start coming together, and in most cases they're not. Haley leaves me scratching my head and saying ' WTF ' was that? a lot. We never seem to be able to put a team away. I just feel there should never be 'trap' games. The player's should go out every game with the kill/win attitude and the coaches should have that attitude beat in them all week no matter who the opponent or their record. But that doesn't seem to be the case. That's why a winless team can still leave me nervous when playing the Black/Gold. GO STEELERS