Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What College Games Are You Watching Today?

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: What College Games Are You Watching Today?

Here's one for the 'Power5' bias files...

Memphis Senior WR Anthony Miller is the ONLY FBS receiver who ranks in the top5 in catches/game, yards/game, AND receiving TDs. He is NOT a finalist for the Biletnikoff Award.

I hope we draft this kid to play with AB and JuJu.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Who win today?

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

AAC Championship game very entertaining. UCF just scored to go up 38-34

I know this is nothing news but the defenses in the Big 12 are very embarrassing to watch.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

UCF over Memphis 62-55 in 2OTs. My biased opinion, Anthony Miller should win MVP. 14recs, 195 yards, 3TDs. Memphis misses a 51 yard FG to win in regulation. OOH! Damn Kickers! Kidding, congrats to UCF.

That AAC Championship was awesome to watch

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    That AAC Championship was awesome to watch
    Too bad somebody had to lose. That was fun. My Tigers came up just short, but I cannot complain. 2 awesome offenses are going to score on anyone, and something had to break. Tigers impressed me this season.

Clemson is completely outclassing Miami 31-0. The disparity in big-game experience is showing. I've tuned out of that game

Ohio State beating Wisconsin 24-13

OSU won 27-21

Alabama or Ohio State?

Bama got in. Honestly wasn't impressed by Bama, OSU, or USC

The talking heads keep referring to the "eye test" as the reason Bama gets in over OSU. I guess i can understand that reasoning if keeping it about what happened on the field. Bama over OSU, ok and fine. But by that same "eye test", Auburn should be in over Bama. Not talking about number of losses, that's a different criteria than the "eye test". Just on the "eye test" argument. AU beat Bama AND Georgia, both by double digits in just the last few weeks. The "eye test" SHOULD put AU over Bama, AND head to head SHOULD put AU in over Bama.
    Don't read anything into this by me. I don't care for Bama or Auburn. I don't dislike Bama or Auburn. I just like for things to make logical sense, and if you are not going to have a 'play in' playoff format, and use something called the "eye test" instead, then that "eye test" has to have some foundation in what occurs on the field. Bama may have one of the top 4 teams right now, I just don't understand how we can just assume that. They did NOTHING to deserve a spot in this year's playoff. The committee just decided they did.
    I can 'assume' Bama would beat Wisconsin head to head too, but had Wisconsin won the Big10, they would be in over Bama. Reason, what happened on the field. Bama over AU reason, "eye test". No logical format.

It was a lose-lose situation, either way you ended up with a team with gaping flaws in it's resume in the top 4. Frankly I think they overrated what Bama did since they looked impressive against vastly inferior competition, but with OSU losing by 15 and 31 against a 5 loss team, made it hard to justify putting them in, even with more impressive victories

It was a lose-lose situation, either way you ended up with a team with gaping flaws in it's resume in the top 4. Frankly I think they overrated what Bama did since they looked impressive against vastly inferior competition, but with OSU losing by 15 and 31 against a 5 loss team, made it hard to justify putting them in, even with more impressive victories
    No way do they put OSU in over Bama, my rant is on why Bama over Auburn. If you go by losses, Auburn lost to Clemson(in the playoff as #1 seed), LSU(okay, 1 bad loss), and Georgia(in the champ game, +in the playoff as the #2 seed)
    So Auburn loses to the #1 and #2 seed teams, and have to look at the order in which that happened. Plus, Auburn beat Georgia handily just a few weeks ago, and beat Bama just a couple weeks ago. So, using the "eye test", how does Bama jump over Auburn? Bama didn't beat any team of significance to the conversation.
    Booger said Bama had injuries that contributed to their loss. It's week 12 and every team has injuries. How is that a valid point?

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    No way do they put OSU in over Bama, my rant is on why Bama over Auburn. If you go by losses, Auburn lost to Clemson(in the playoff as #1 seed), LSU(okay, 1 bad loss), and Georgia(in the champ game, +in the playoff as the #2 seed)
    So Auburn loses to the #1 and #2 seed teams, and have to look at the order in which that happened. Plus, Auburn beat Georgia handily just a few weeks ago, and beat Bama just a couple weeks ago. So, using the "eye test", how does Bama jump over Auburn? Bama didn't beat any team of significance to the conversation.
    Booger said Bama had injuries that contributed to their loss. It's week 12 and every team has injuries. How is that a valid point?
    Simple, don't lose 3 games in a season

I think you're missing the point of the "eye test". With the "eye test" records don't matter. It's perception only.

Anyway, there is no rationale to it. The committee was determined Bama got in, so Bama got in. The only way to do it logically and fairly is to do like EVERY OTHER SPORT PLAYOFF IN THE WORLD. If you win your division, conference, bracket, pool, etc...you're in the playoff. If not, good season and better luck next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I think you're missing the point of the "eye test". With the "eye test" records don't matter. It's perception only.

Anyway, there is no rationale to it. The committee was determined Bama got in, so Bama got in. The only way to do it logically and fairly is to do like EVERY OTHER SPORT PLAYOFF IN THE WORLD. If you win your division, conference, bracket, pool, etc...you're in the playoff. If not, good season and better luck next year.
    I think it is more complex than just eye test, it is eye test combined with record and losses. Obviously teams with fewer losses will be judged more favorably

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Most of the games yesterday sucked.

I think it is more complex than just eye test, it is eye test combined with record and losses. Obviously teams with fewer losses will be judged more favorably
    Right. But if you go back to my original rant/post, you will see that I said " just on the eye test argument". Meaning only discussing the decision based only on the eye test only. So, I can see there are other factors involved, but the talking heads specifically said, Bama got in due to the eye test. Therefore, this rant was only and specifically from the viewpoint of the eye test only. And when you repeatedly say something like 'eye test only', and people continue to say things back like, 'eye test combined with...', you can see how that gets frustrating.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Anybody watching tonight's Orange Bowl?

Any players to watch for the draft?

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Anybody watching tonight's Orange Bowl?

Any players to watch for the draft?
    I wasn't that interested but it turned out to be entertaining. Only guy I was really watching was Fumagalli because he seemed to get a lot of hype on this board. Didn't realize he was missing a finger. He looked like a solid TE, did drop a TD pass though. I know I may be in minority but I just don't see need for TE in early rounds. McDonald if healthy has shown flashes and James is still very young and pretty reliable hands. I think QB, all LB positions, and safety is more of priority.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

I've fallen in love with Roquan Smith from Georgia. That dude brings the lumber when he hits, and has great technique.

Damn that Rose Bowl game was incredible.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Damn that Rose Bowl game was incredible.
    Agreed. What a game!

Hines Ward - Happy

Landry Jones - Sad

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

That Rose Bowl was one hell of game between 2 very good teams. I'm 100% backing UGA in the championship game. I'm sick of seeing Bama and Clemson.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Also, Alabama is up 10-0 on Clemson with seconds left in the 1st quarter

- - - Updated - - -

Clemson's offense is getting stuffed

Alabama with back-to-back INTs including a pick-six now up 24-6. Kelly Bryant is no DeShawn Watson

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Sucks to watch an all-SEC championship game. But the committee set it up that way. Big 10 getting left out will drive for a 8-team playoff.