Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I love Steelers football, but...

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Re: I love Steelers football, but...

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post
    did the potus go a bit to far , absolutely ..... however it was not unprovoked and was by far avoidable and could have ended before Trump was ever in office had Goodell done his job properly ...

I mean this is a guy who wants to control players every action and every celebration , every uniform choice , every sticker on every helmet and every patch on every jersey but he won't make people give a little respect to the country which enables them to play a game and make millions of dollars doing so
    Kneeling, standing, Kaepernick, et cetera... all of that aside... hear me out:

The POTUS made the dire mistake of challenging the owners.

Billionaire owners are egomaniacs... and they did not take kindly to Trump telling them how to run their business. Shahid Khan, who helped Trump get elected and donated millions to Trump's campaign, was personally offended that another businessman would "dare" tell him how to run his company. If I remember correctly, Khan's response to Trump's "advise" was short, and something along the lines of, "Who the f*ck do you think you are!?!"

Once Trump challenged the owners' egos... all shit broke loose.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    In my book, the only thing acceptable is STAND, Right hand over HEART and Helmet under you Left. These moron's don't even know what they are protesting.
    100% ask one of these spoiled multi millionaires to cite you some crime statistics to back up their claims and I all but guarantee you they give you nothing credible in response .....

400 ( using the largest number cited most believe it closer to 260-280 ) Black people are shot and killed by Police in this country each year , many of those are armed criminals , many are fighting with Police , many are not complying and reaching for something and the cop has to decide my life or theirs ..... and then there is the rest of them and even 1 is to many but the number is a lot smaller than the original number but many claim its around 50 so about 1 per state per year .... so the original 400 number that is .0083% of the death per contact with members of the Black population is then reduced by 7/8th of its total ( a very very small number ) and those numbers include incidents where the officer is Black too .... again 1 is to many ..... but TWICE as many white people are killed each year by Police .... yes by population one would think that number would be higher but when you consider a disproportionate amount of crime especially in the inner cities is committed by members of the black community it stands to reason those numbers are what they are

but come on look there have been 500 black on black killings so far this year alone in Chicago but they want to protest the flag and anthem over a few that have been done by Police ( some of which where deserving ) and not do something equally or more spotlighted about the senseless black on black murders happening ... it just does not make any sense to me and it never will

- - - Updated - - -

as a side note we can argue the numbers all day as you may have different figures but insert your number if you want I have no issue with it as long as they come from a recognized place such as the DOJ or FBI
    Last edited by Dwinsgames; 09-29-2017 at 04:22 PM. Reason: typo
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post
    100% ask one of these spoiled multi millionaires to cite you some crime statistics to back up their claims and I all but guarantee you they give you nothing credible in response .....

400 ( using the largest number cited most believe it closer to 260-280 ) Black people are shot and killed by Police in this country each year , many of those are armed criminals , many are fighting with Police , many are not complying and reaching for something and the cop has to decide my life or theirs ..... and then there is the rest of them and even 1 is to many but the number is a lot smaller than the original number but many claim its around 50 so about 1 per state per year .... so the original 400 number that is .0083% of the death per contact with members of the Black population is then reduced by 7/8th of its total ( a very very small number ) and those numbers include incidents where the officer is Black too .... again 1 is to many ..... but TWICE as many white people are killed each year by Police .... yes by population one would think that number would be higher but when you consider a disproportionate amount of crime especially in the inner cities is committed by members of the black community it stands to reason those numbers are what they are

but come on look there have been 500 black on black killings so far this year alone in Chicago but they want to protest the flag and anthem over a few that have been done by Police ( some of which where deserving ) and not do something equally or more spotlighted about the senseless black on black murders happening ... it just does not make any sense to me and it never will

- - - Updated - - -

as a side note we can argue the numbers all day as you may have different figures but insert your number if you want I have no issue with it as long as they come from a recognized place such as the DOJ or FBI
    While Black Lives Matter focuses on deaths, that's not what is driving the issue, it's only the tip of the iceberg. It's the snotty look a black woman gets when she walks into Macy's or the extra glance the black man gets when he enters a store. It's the DWB offense (Driving While Black), it's the long history of American racism against blacks that still shows its head among a (very) small percent of uniformed police.

Does that mean it is always a race issue? No, I'd argue it definitely overstated and racism is declared when it is not an issue at all (I even had a guy walk out of store because he thought I wouldn't sell to him because he was black. The fact of the matter was, I literally just did not hear what he was asking for.) However, given past national experience, especially when racism was drive through the police departments, I can absolutely understand the outcry. Again, I do think it is wrong in many ways. But that does not negate the very real feelings of fear many black men and women have any time they must interact with a police officer on official business (as opposed to striking up a conversation in a diner).

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

BLM is, by definition, a terrorist group.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

It's the hypocrisy that ticks me off. Players are fined for all other activist causes displayed on the their shoes, uniforms, or black outs. The Cowboys were not permitted to wear a decal honoring fallen police officers. You can't suppress one form of free speech and allow this one week after week.

With that being said....

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Unlike last Sunday, at least the team has thought through what to do in Baltimore

Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Martavis Bryant said, as far as he knows, the team plans to "go out there and lock arms" for the national anthem before Sunday's game at Baltimore.

"We're united as a group, so we're all going to stand together," Bryant told ESPN.

Two players said in the locker room Friday they weren't sure about an exact plan, while two others said locking arms is a possibility and they will know more over the weekend....

Several players don't really want a plan

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/25360/steelers-bryant-team-to-go-out-there-and-lock-arms-during-anthem

Maybe they should have a team meeting Saturday night and vote on what everyone will agree to do to make certain everyone is on the same page

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

doesn't matter ... its to little to late
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Who cares anymore. Get over it already. Football...it’s about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Who cares anymore. Get over it already. Football...it’s about the game.
    I care to the extent it can impact game prep and performance - this story posted by La Canfora alleges a lot of simmering disagreement, with an issue not highlighted previously being Tomlin on the sidelines for the anthem

Steelers still upset about how last week's national anthem protest was handled

Some Steelers are upset with coach Mike Tomlin for standing, along with three other coaches, on the sidelines last Sunday instead of remaining in the hallway with the team, according to player and agent sources. ...

Roethlisberger ticked off some teammates when he produced a personal public statement Monday on his website expressing regret for how the team handled the protest before teammates like decorated former Army Ranger Alejandro Villanueva had addressed the matter first. There was universal agreement within the team that Villanueva, who ended up down the tunnel and near the field by himself for the anthem, had done nothing wrong and had no reason to apologize....

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/s...t-was-handled/