Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Next?

Senior Member Array title="Steelerschik is just really nice">

Re: What Next?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    I don't have you on ignore, sistah.

Love ya!
    LOL, glad to hear. But I don't care who does or doesn't. He's on ignore as well (great feature BTW). I can't tolerate people who can't tolerate the views of others and feel the need to lecture (as if I care what a complete stranger says), they sound ridiculous, especially when you don't know someone personally. Hope you're well! GO STEELERS!!!!

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

the thread title is whats next

Today I see a group ( small group ) of protestors on a 4 lane( each way ) freeway in California holding Letters up that spell out Nov 4 it begins while chanting the same thing .... it took Police quite a while to get there in enough numbers to take them all into custody but they where taken in ...

now we have to wonder what the hell " IT " is ...... guess we find out Nov 4..

a quick google search and its a antifa ( George Soros ) funded rally across the nation ( we shall see )

refuse fascism / anti Trump ...

so expect them to get out of hand and light shit on fire , smash windows , loot buildings and destroy police cars ....

and expect police to do next to nothing to stop it as they will be highly outnumbered in most cases ....

I do not like where this is headed because I know the American people will only put up with this lawlessness for so long and once they have had enough they will take matters into their own hands ....

at that point it will be a very bad day ( many many very bad days ) for all ....

it sucks
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    The major failing in this protest is that the message of the protest is unclear. The act of kneeling during the national anthem is the sign of protest, however, what is the actual protest? This past Sunday was simply a shot back at the sitting President for recent comments he had made. Fair enough. But what is the protest? If the protest itself is unclear, how can steps be taken to resolve the issues? Where is the champion of this protest and what is he/she saying? Is it police brutality? Is it inequality in the US, where blacks are oppressed? Is it inequality in general? Or is it a tactic to draw attention to oneself with no real end goal?

Without a voice to give a message to the protest, the argument will continue to be about taking a knee during the anthem, and nothing will be done about moving an agenda forward.
    There are numerous statements available all across the internet and social media on why players and others are protesting in this manner. Some are written by the players themselves, some by organizations they support, and others are summary pieces by reporters. The protests encompasses several main issues, and those issues in turn are more then well covered by a variety of independent and relatively impartial sources if you choose to look for them.

Just because the sportscasters in the moment or the angry yelling pundits on the TV from either side don't have a clue, doesn't mean there are not numerous voices out there attempting to explain in great and specific detail what folks are upset over.

Google.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post

Today I see a group ( small group ) of protestors on a 4 lane( each way ) freeway in California holding Letters up that spell out Nov 4 it begins while chanting the same thing .... it took Police quite a while to get there in enough numbers to take them all into custody but they where taken in ...

Probably a stupid viral marketing stunt for some lame tech start-up??

I kid...I kid...

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

a quick google search and its a antifa ( George Soros ) funded rally across the nation ( we shall see )

refuse fascism / anti Trump ...

so expect them to get out of hand and light shit on fire , smash windows , loot buildings and destroy police cars ....

and expect police to do next to nothing to stop it as they will be highly outnumbered in most cases ....

I do not like where this is headed because I know the American people will only put up with this lawlessness for so long and once they have had enough they will take matters into their own hands ....

at that point it will be a very bad day ( many many very bad days ) for all ....

it sucks
    Link to Soros funding antifa (which is not one and the same as anti-Trump) demonstrations?

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Link to Soros funding antifa (which is not one and the same as anti-Trump) demonstrations?

a quick google search of " who funds antifa" gives lots of results , make up your own mind mine is already made up

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

a quick google search of " who funds antifa" gives lots of results , make up your own mind mine is already made up
    Well....the entire first page of results on that exact Google search are clearly nonsense. The second page isn't much better.

Additionally, it would be really hard for one person to fund "antifa" since it is a loose global coalition of essentially unconnected groups that has no central organization, no real structure or goals, and it isn't clear if it really exists as the tangible force that many believe it to be.

But I am sensing that we get our "news" from very very different sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Well....the entire first page of results on that exact Google search are clearly nonsense. The second page isn't much better.

Additionally, it would be really hard for one person to fund "antifa" since it is a loose global coalition of essentially unconnected groups that has no central organization, no real structure or goals, and it isn't clear if it really exists as the tangible force that many believe it to be.

But I am sensing that we get our "news" from very very different sources.
    perhaps , I avoid all new outlets that have proven time and time again to be anti conservative " No Path to Victory" kind of proves unreliability and trustworthiness

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Got it

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    The major failing in this protest is that the message of the protest is unclear. The act of kneeling during the national anthem is the sign of protest, however, what is the actual protest? This past Sunday was simply a shot back at the sitting President for recent comments he had made. Fair enough. But what is the protest? If the protest itself is unclear, how can steps be taken to resolve the issues? Where is the champion of this protest and what is he/she saying? Is it police brutality? Is it inequality in the US, where blacks are oppressed? Is it inequality in general? Or is it a tactic to draw attention to oneself with no real end goal?

Without a voice to give a message to the protest, the argument will continue to be about taking a knee during the anthem, and nothing will be done about moving an agenda forward.
    I personally think most of them were taking a knee just to be assholes.
    Hater = Realist