Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: If Ben Retires After This Season

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: If Ben Retires After This Season

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Yeah. I know. But I think there are things that can be done a bit "behind the scenes" that are short of a benching, but may get a point across. Maybe take away some of Ben's liberty to audible to any old play he feels like.
    True

In the 2008 America's Game, Ben said he was told to dial it back and just not lose the game after midseason home losses to the Giants (4 INTs) and Colts (3 INTs).

That might work again, assuming the Steelers can get next day delivery of 2008 model replicants of Troy and Deebo.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    True

In the 2008 America's Game, Ben said he was told to dial it back and just not lose the game after midseason home losses to the Giants (4 INTs) and Colts (3 INTs).

That might work again, assuming the Steelers can get next day delivery of 2008 model replicants of Troy and Deebo.
    Ben was still a pup in 2008. I'm not sure it would work telling him that now.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

True

Shhhhhhhh!!! Steeldude will hear you. He's like Candyman - only about mentioning Deebo or outside linebackers!

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Ben was still a pup in 2008. I'm not sure it would work telling him that now.
    Probably so - my guess is the conversation was not just held with coaches but vets such as Farrior also "shared their views" - no player with that clout these days

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

I suppose a retire Tomlin thread should be next.
    All Defense!

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    I suppose a retire Tomlin thread should be next.
    Tomlin can "retire," immediately get hired by the Colts, then give interviews that the Steelers betrayed him - worked for Arians

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

True

Maybe we can get this guy to be the next coach?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Maybe we can get this guy to be the next coach?

A tortoise?... what’s that???

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Tomlin can "retire," immediately get hired by the Colts, then give interviews that the Steelers betrayed him - worked for Arians
    Tomlin can then reveal the times he had parties from his car....oh wait:

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    A tortoise?... what’s that???
    Well that made my night!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk