Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ben is the MAIN reason for road struggles and losses to sub 500 teams.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Ben is the MAIN reason for road struggles and losses to sub 500 teams.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    You are not the only person to see it like that, but I saw an overthrown pass that he would have been lucky to get a finger on, even if he laid out... not right through his hands. Just my opinion. Now, Roger's punt reception... that was right through his hands. Sheesh

This game was a total stinker in all three phases. On to the Ravens.
    Agreed. I did not expect a perfect season. A loss to the 0-2 Bears on the road is not that big in the grand scheme. Would love to have maybe 3 plays back for do-overs. Our guys fought back to tie when very little was going our way at all. Penalties and turnovers lose games. All there is to say.

Senior Member Array title="StillCurtains is a name known to all">

[QUOTE=SteelerFanInStl;606706]Agreed. It's funny how this forum picks their "whipping boy" every week. This week apparently it's Ben.

I stated in this post that there were other factors that played a hand in losing THIS particular game.
    However, what this post is about is what I feel is the MAIN continuous reason why we struggle on the road
    and lose to such teams and that is Ben.

Ben is the longest tenured player on this offense and yet the offense continues to struggle on the road to
    produce points and against bad teams. If you want to threaten retirement after the AFCCG due to frustration
    of the lack of strong play by your young teammates, then you need to make sure coming into this season that
    your play meets the same standard that you set for them.

The defense wasn't great, but did enough to win to where OT should have never happened. We are talking 17 points
    that was not a full earned 17 by the offense, to a Bears team that will not make the playoffs. This offense has too much talent for Ben to spearhead them so poorly.

This is a recurring problem year after year with this offense, not just yesterday and that is the point that I am making.
    Who is the common factor on these struggling offenses in these situations year after year? It's Ben.
    Ask yourself this honest question. Despite the all around issues that occured in this game, if you swap out Brady for Ben, do you believe that Brady would produce 17 points or 40 plus with this offense.

I believe you know the answer to that.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StillCurtains View Post
    Ask yourself this honest question. Despite the all around issues that occured in this game, if you swap out Brady for Ben, do you believe that Brady would produce 17 points or 40 plus with this offense.

Ben never has and never will be in Brady's category. TB is top 3 and BR is maybe top 20. Tomlin is not exactly a QB whisperer either...

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Ben never has and never will be in Brady's category. TB is top 3 and BR is maybe top 20. Tomlin is not exactly a QB whisperer either...
    Top 20?!?! that's sarcasm, right ? Now I'm not going to claim that Ben is better than Brady* but top 20 is an insults an a half ....top 20 smh

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StillCurtains View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    Agreed. It's funny how this forum picks their "whipping boy" every week. This week apparently it's Ben.

I stated in this post that there were other factors that played a hand in losing THIS particular game.
    However, what this post is about is what I feel is the MAIN continuous reason why we struggle on the road
    and lose to such teams and that is Ben.

Ben is the longest tenured player on this offense and yet the offense continues to struggle on the road to
    produce points and against bad teams. If you want to threaten retirement after the AFCCG due to frustration
    of the lack of strong play by your young teammates, then you need to make sure coming into this season that
    your play meets the same standard that you set for them.

The defense wasn't great, but did enough to win to where OT should have never happened. We are talking 17 points
    that was not a full earned 17 by the offense, to a Bears team that will not make the playoffs. This offense has too much talent for Ben to spearhead them so poorly.

This is a recurring problem year after year with this offense, not just yesterday and that is the point that I am making.
    Who is the common factor on these struggling offenses in these situations year after year? It's Ben.

I never said that Ben is playing great, because he's obviously not, but to specifically point the finger at him is ridiculous. There's far more factors, and players, involved. The fact is that there isn't anyone on our offense that's playing well right now except for AB. He's the only one.

The defense couldn't tackle anyone all day so I'd say that no, they didn't do enough to win. Football is a team sport. You win together and you lose together. The whole team needs to pick it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    Top 20?!?! that's sarcasm, right ? Now I'm not going to claim that Ben is better than Brady* but top 20 is an insults an a half ....top 20 smh
    I think that he means top 20 all time. If not, then yea, I agree with you.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    I never said that Ben is playing great, because he's obviously not, but to specifically point the finger at him is ridiculous. There's far more factors, and players, involved. The fact is that there isn't anyone on our offense that's playing well right now except for AB. He's the only one.

The defense couldn't tackle anyone all day so I'd say that no, they didn't do enough to win. Football is a team sport. You win together and you lose together. The whole team needs to pick it up.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that he means top 20 all time. If not, then yea, I agree with you.
    O. K. That I can agree with

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    I thought it was pretty obvious I'm referring to all-time. <rolls_eyes>

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I thought it was pretty obvious I'm referring to all-time. <rolls_eyes>
    O. K.... No need for eye rolling