Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I Agree With Tomlin's Decision To Not Bring The Team Out!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: I Agree With Tomlin's Decision To Not Bring The Team Out!

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post
    that is where the entire disconnect begins ....

the flag and anthem can not universally stand for one thing and then someone decides to protest same anthem and flag and claim it has nothing to do with what it stands for ...

life nor the world work that way
    They aren’t protesting the flag and anthem though. Protesting “during” the anthem is totally different than protesting “THE” anthem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    They aren’t protesting the flag and anthem though. Protesting “during” the anthem is totally different than protesting “THE” anthem.
    Then why aren't they protesting at any other time in addition to the flag and the anthem? To us average Joe Americans it feels like they are spitting on the flag. That's a perception problem that they've created. It's not our job to reach a different perception. It's their job to change it.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Then why aren't they protesting at any other time in addition to the flag and the anthem? To us average Joe Americans it feels like they are spitting on the flag. That's a perception problem that they've created. It's not our job to reach a different perception. It's their job to change it.
    BOOM .............. <mic drop moment>
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

They’ve said multiple times, the announcers have said multiple times it’s not about the anthem, flag, veterans.

The time he chose to protest, again, isn’t the best time in my opinion, but it is the time that would get the most attention. Which is what it did. Not you, but more people should take the time to educate themselves and see that it’s not about the flag. I think they should be protesting the police stations but they won’t do that. They’ll do it on a National stage where it gets the most attention and veterans fought to let them do it and the league chose to let them do it. So it is what it is. And it’s not going to stop anytime soon.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

They’ve said multiple times, the announcers have said multiple times it’s not about the anthem, flag, veterans.
    How many words is a picture worth?

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

The time he chose to protest, again, isn’t the best time in my opinion, but it is the time that would get the most attention. Which is what it did. Not you, but more people should take the time to educate themselves and see that it’s not about the flag. I think they should be protesting the police stations but they won’t do that. They’ll do it on a National stage where it gets the most attention and veterans fought to let them do it and the league chose to let them do it. So it is what it is. And it’s not going to stop anytime soon.
    if you take one of the rare moments of unity and make it about yourself ... you just said fucked the world....

and in a nutshell there you have it

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

. It's not our job to reach a different perception. It's their job to change it.
    Actually, from a psychological standpoint, you are in control of your own perception.....other people do not control how you perceive or interpret actions.

example, One can observe 2 men kissing each other on the cheek as a greeting and think its wrong, or one can observe that is a custom in parts of Europe and accept it.

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

Whatever. To me this is a bunch of overpaid spoiled dumb fucks doing a bunch of dumb fucking stuff. I'm over you all.

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

"For the fans that criticize us, bring it back to football. Take your political views somewhere else,” said (Ramon) Foster.

Oh yea? Well then why don't you guys take your stupid political views somewhere else as well!?! You guys started this!!! Just stand up for the anthem and shut the F up and play football. As a fan, I didn't ask for this so stop whining like you're a victim (the mantra of the left) and just play football!!

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Ben's new plan which he shared during his Tuesday morning radio appearance

He’s still shooting for the locked arm move, actually.

“I hope [on Sunday] we all lock arms and we all show unity, together as one [brotherhood],” he said. “[Race], color, creed, ethnicity, background, religion, nothing should matter. We all come together as brothers on that football field. We’re all Steelers.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201709260113

But based on what Secondaryconcerns posted, AV may be required to place his hand over his heart if he can see the flag or hear the anthem- kind of difficult to do that and lock arms
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post
    Troops learn during basic training and officer training — their first introduction to the military — about saluting when the anthem is played and the flag is raised. The ritual is referred to as the "call to colors."

Military rules obligate servicemen and women to salute when they hear the anthem if they are in uniform. Those who happen to be in an area where the flag is being raised must salute the flag. If they don't see the flag around them, they're expected to stop and salute in the direction of the music.
    Those not wearing their uniforms must stand and place their hand over their hearts. A 2008 law clarified that service members may salute even in civilian dress.

So if everyone else locks arms while AV holds his hand over his heart this gets ramped up again as to why allegedly only AV honored the flag

Maybe AV can walk Ben through what AV sees as his obligations during the anthem sometime before Plan B is unfurled. If not, this next look will be Groundhog Day for political disputes as the outrage machine gears up again.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

This will cause 2 injuries. The player to the right and left of Deebo. His biceps will crush the other 2 guys' arms. Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Ben's new plan which he shared during his Tuesday morning radio appearance

“I hope [on Sunday] we all lock arms and we all show unity, together as one [brotherhood],” he said. “[Race], color, creed, ethnicity, background, religion, nothing should matter. We all come together as brothers on that football field. We’re all Steelers.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201709260113

But based on what Secondaryconcerns posted, AV may be required to place his hand over his heart if he can see the flag or hear the anthem- kind of difficult to do that and lock arms

So if everyone else locks arms while AV holds his hand over his heart this gets ramped up again as to why allegedly only AV honored the flag

Maybe AV can walk Ben through what AV sees as his obligations during the anthem sometime before Plan B is unfurled. If not, this next look will be Groundhog Day for political disputes as the outrage machine gears up again.

the one caveat that could save this plan is if AV is the last in line ( if on one side of field or first on otherside) leaving his left arm free to interlock while still having his right hand over his heart ....

but still to late for many

How many words is a picture worth?
    And that’s fine if someone wants to just view a picture and come to a conclusion based on just that.

There’s a lot of ignorant people in the world that don’t like to think for themselves and don’t know the full story. How many people out there still think Ben Roesthlisberger raped two women? Because they are too ignorant to research the story on their own.

Again, not the best choice of when to do it in my opinion and I don’t think it’s right, BUT it’s the perfect time to do it to get people talking about it. It’s just that some few ignorant people have taken it in a direction that it’s not and have tried to make it something it’s not.

And that’s fine if someone wants to just view a picture and come to a conclusion based on just that.

There’s a lot of ignorant people in the world that don’t like to think for themselves and don’t know the full story. How many people out there still think Ben Roesthlisberger raped two women? Because they are too ignorant to research the story on their own.

Again, not the best choice of when to do it in my opinion and I don’t think it’s right, BUT it’s the perfect time to do it to get people talking about it. It’s just that some few ignorant people have taken it in a direction that it’s not and have tried to make it something it’s not.
    Thinking for myself is what I'm doing. I see the actions that are being taken and I am forming my own opinion, instead of what the liberal media wants to push on me. These guys are millionaires because of the opportunities afforded under that flag. To me, it's nothing more than a show of disrespect. That's MY OPINION.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post

And hopefully during their spare time they can work on the game plan...

Thinking for myself is what I'm doing. I see the actions that are being taken and I am forming my own opinion, instead of what the liberal media wants to push on me. These guys are millionaires because of the opportunities afforded under that flag. To me, it's nothing more than a show of disrespect. That's MY OPINION.

- - - Updated - - -

So I am getting that your view is that when they are protesting is disrespectful and I’m in agreement with that. However, there’s many people who view this as protesting the flag, anthem and veterans and that’s not what it’s about. That is the point I am arguing. I’m not arguing that when they are protesting is okay. I mean they have the right to do it and that’s fine. I don’t think they should be doing it then and I also don’t think that the anthem should be played before every sporting event, but that’s a whole other debate...lol.

So I am getting that your view is that when they are protesting is disrespectful and I’m in agreement with that. However, there’s many people who view this as protesting the flag, anthem and veterans and that’s not what it’s about. That is the point I am arguing. I’m not arguing that when they are protesting is okay. I mean they have the right to do it and that’s fine. I don’t think they should be doing it then and I also don’t think that the anthem should be played before every sporting event, but that’s a whole other debate...lol.
    Regardless of their intentions, the flag and those who've fought for this country are being disrespected. At the same time, it's a free country and they can do what they want. I just wish all this attention would stop being paid to them in their dishonorable act. Acting dishonorably is never an effective way to protest an injustice.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

This is definitely a time sink - players meeting ran overtime yesterday to get their stories straightened out before Ben, Heyward and AV were made available to reporters

easy fix , new rule you sit/kneel do jumping jacks whatever , anything other than stand at attention and you are fined 1/2 a game check

all proceeds go to disabled / homeless vets ...

protest your ass off now

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    "For the fans that criticize us, bring it back to football. Take your political views somewhere else,” said (Ramon) Foster.

Oh yea? Well then why don't you guys take your stupid political views somewhere else as well!?! You guys started this!!! Just stand up for the anthem and shut the F up and play football. As a fan, I didn't ask for this so stop whining like you're a victim (the mantra of the left) and just play football!!
    exactly, shut up and entertain. Just like hollywood, most people don't give a shit what George Clooney as to say about politics. They are in a place to help people, donate time to or money to organizations. Im not wealthy but I give to wounded warriors , st jude and volunteer time for special olympics. I have never protested anything in my life. No fucking point. giving time and money is what helps people in need. Not arguing in the street or thumbing your nose.

BurghBoy412

I was wondering if you guys could direct me to a place where I can talk about Steelers football? I can't seem to find anything pertaining to the sport of American Football.

Quote Originally Posted by BurghBoy412 View Post
    I was wondering if you guys could direct me to a place where I can talk about Steelers football? I can't seem to find anything pertaining to the sport of American Football.
    try the steelers section

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Actually, from a psychological standpoint, you are in control of your own perception.....other people do not control how you perceive or interpret actions.

example, One can observe 2 men kissing each other on the cheek as a greeting and think its wrong, or one can observe that is a custom in parts of Europe and accept it.
    I'm not speaking psychology. I have no incentive to change my perception. It's on a communicator, marketer or protestor to change my perception. These are things I have lots of professional experience with.

The easiest fix is to just not play the anthem before every sporting event. It serves no point. Do it during the super bowl, World Series, etc. no need to have it for Week 3...lol.