Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I Agree With Tomlin's Decision To Not Bring The Team Out!

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Re: I Agree With Tomlin's Decision To Not Bring The Team Out!

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post
    again the bottom line is it doesnt matter what the team or organization said or thinks about him participating , its his Duty and obligation ( as it should be everyone's )
    I think the family of Philando Castile believes there should be a "duty and obligation" not to shoot their family member 7 times, because he notified the officer that he had a legally registered firearm.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-2...leased/8637514

Isnt that part of what athletes taking a knee are trying to bring attention to?

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I just think you're overthinking all of this at this point. The dude did three tours. He fought for our country - something which 0% of his teammates did. He has the right to honor the flag and do it for all to see. To claim that he did it to intentionally show up his teammates is out of bounds IMO.
    Upon reviewing my post I agree the intentionally showed up his teammates charge was way out of bounds - another reason I need to quit posting about this

He knew what he was doing and it showed up his teammates - saying the motive for standing apart from his teammates was to show them up is wrong and I would apologize to AV if he was a Steelers Universe reader.

He is a patriotic American and has placed himself in harm's way to protect us - I would have handled this differently but I obviously do not have AV's life experiences.

Of course now we have the king of complicating any Steelers controversy doing a cannonball into the pool on this cluster this afternoon

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Yeah Ben regrets it and he should. Imagine how an Army Ranger would have felt if he'd done it.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Meh. They only regret things because there is a media circus. Team tried to walk a tightrope here and it didn't work out.

Sad part is that all the outrage is from people that are not directly involved.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Posted without commentary is this afternoon's explanation of recent events by #7

“When we came out of the tunnel, we told Al to stand up front with the captains,” Roethlisberger said. “When we came out of the locker room, it was a very small area. There was a flag or something coming off the field so there were a bunch of Bears fans coming off the field in front of us so it kind of held us up. Al was down at that end of the tunnel where we told him that we were going to come to stand together. By the time all the chaos happened in front of us, as we started to take our steps, the anthem started. So we stopped to show respect for the anthem. I regret not going down to Al but Al didn’t know that we weren’t there so there was no division there. We were 20 feet behind him. When the anthem started, out of habit, you stop and take your hat off and wait. My wish today is that we would’ve continued down. I know there would’ve been a lot of chaos and commotion because the guys behind wouldn’t have known. There was no division there.”

https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2...-alone-anthem/

DK PittsburghSports articles usually paywalled but I accessed article as non-subscriber through this Mark Kaboly tweet

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Posted without commentary is this afternoon's explanation of recent events by #7

“When we came out of the tunnel, we told Al to stand up front with the captains,” Roethlisberger said. “When we came out of the locker room, it was a very small area. There was a flag or something coming off the field so there were a bunch of Bears fans coming off the field in front of us so it kind of held us up. Al was down at that end of the tunnel where we told him that we were going to come to stand together. By the time all the chaos happened in front of us, as we started to take our steps, the anthem started. So we stopped to show respect for the anthem. I regret not going down to Al but Al didn’t know that we weren’t there so there was no division there. We were 20 feet behind him. When the anthem started, out of habit, you stop and take your hat off and wait. My wish today is that we would’ve continued down. I know there would’ve been a lot of chaos and commotion because the guys behind wouldn’t have known. There was no division there.”

DK PittsburghSports articles usually paywalled but I accessed article as non-subscriber through this Mark Kaboly tweet

Thanks for sharing Dan.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post

UGH! I feel so used...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Let’s not forget, the protests have nothing to do with the anthem, the flag or the military. Nothing. People are trying to make it something it’s not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Meh. They only regret things because there is a media circus. Team tried to walk a tightrope here and it didn't work out.

Sad part is that all the outrage is from people that are not directly involved.
    You're talking about the millions of fans who watch and support their beloved teams, and buy the teams merchandise and the players jerseys? The people who pay these players salaries? Not to mention, a majority of the people watching are related to someone who has fought or died for their country? Those people are directly involved more so than anything. Gotta disagree with that post, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion, which is unfortunate at times.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Let’s not forget, the protests have nothing to do with the anthem, the flag or the military. Nothing. People are trying to make it something it’s not.
    Yep. Honestly I think the players that are protesting need to make that point clear. They need to clearly say what they intend to do and why. This prevents the media from spinning this as an anti-American thing which is what some outlets have been doing for a while now.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    Yep. Honestly I think the players that are protesting need to make that point clear. They need to clearly say what they intend to do and why. This prevents the media from spinning this as an anti-American thing which is what some outlets have been doing for a while now.
    There are dozens of statements with just that point from players, teams, coaches, team front offices, owners, etc readily available on the internet. Either folks can take a minute and make themselves aware of that information, or they can continue to digest the whole situation from whatever partisan filter they have allegiance to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RunNGun View Post
    You're talking about the millions of fans who watch and support their beloved teams, and buy the teams merchandise and the players jerseys? The people who pay these players salaries? Not to mention, a majority of the people watching are related to someone who has fought or died for their country? Those people are directly involved more so than anything. Gotta disagree with that post, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion, which is unfortunate at times.
    Fair enough. But the actions of a handful of dozen of NFL Players has zero impact on my beliefs, attitudes, and reaction to the world around me. That's what I meant. I honestly believe that what the individual members of the PIttsburgh Steelers decided to do on Sunday during the anthem is none of my damn business. Just as what I decide to do at any given point in my daily life is none of their damn business. For me, that is the point of the whole system we all support. As long as you don't actively attempt to bring harm to your fellow citizens, I couldn't care less what you do and would expect the same in return.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    It's the ones doing it who are making it about the flag and the anthem.

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

AV - a man of character and integrity.
    Ben - a man that regrets ...often

To me, players can do whatever they want. Sit, stand, kneel, dry hump each other ... whatever. I also can do whatever I want and I did ... by turning the TV off.

I can't wait for hockey season to start

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

If the NFL player's want to stop this circus with the National Anthem and Flag, then ALL come out before the game and ALL stand with their hands over their hearts. Period. Then after game, during off season, on their own time, initiate some form of team to do community work to end the discriminating 'violence' that they say is happening. Kinda funny that the player that started this crap last year isn't even around now. LOL He's making everyone else look like asses now ! ( this is MY OPINION )

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Yeah Tomlin and Harrison are the ones who come out of his looking like losers.
    Nah. After Cam, Ben, and AV explained what happened, it comes across as they botched the timing and didn't want to be running while the anthem played. That's where all the confusion was.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    I respect all opinions, Kaeps and AV's. Personally I dont think it's hypocritical to think what Kaepernick did was wrong way to protest and AV was right way. They are very different. Kaepernick basically said F U to flag and country and AV did what is deemed as the norm and respectful. They both have their right and now are held accountable. Kaep is without a team, AV's jersey is sold out!
    the people who fund the game have spoken ....

and many others are speaking in other ways such as this

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Nah. After Cam, Ben, and AV explained what happened, it comes across as they botched the timing and didn't want to be running while the anthem played. That's where all the confusion was.
    I listened to that , then listened to AV ... much was in line , but there where differences in the stories that one can't ignore if he is truly seeking the truth ...

I think it was a after the fact production in order to try and save face after they realized the outrage from much of the fanbase
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/09...cipate-anthem/

Foster Says Villanueva Had “Special Clearance” To Participate In Anthem
    Special clearance? So AV needed special clearance to stand for the anthem? I sure am glad the spoiled brats, who were so upset over Trump being pro-Anthem, let AV show his respect for the flag and what it stands for.
    Hater = Realist

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post
    the people who fund the game have spoken ....

and many others are speaking in other ways such as this

Yep, but they were protesting such an important thing. How dare Trump suggest that these spoiled millionaires show respect for country.

The blind Trump hatred is just mass hysteria from drones who can't think for themselves.
    [/QUOTE]
    Hater = Realist

Sweet Jesus - this is like not making sure a cigar is out and next thing you know the whole neighborhood is burning down

ATTENTION STEELERS UNIVERSE!!!!
    I have a message from AL!! Thanks and good night.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201709250175

“I take no offense,” Villanueva said. “I don’t think veterans at the end of the day take any offense. They actually signed up and fought so that somebody could take a knee and protest peacefully whatever it is that their hearts desire.”

Last edited by 43Hitman; 09-25-2017 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Added link

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

ATTENTION STEELERS UNIVERSE!!!!
    I have a message from AL!! Thanks and good night.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201709250175

“I take no offense,” Villanueva said. “I don’t think veterans at the end of the day take any offense. They actually signed up and fought so that somebody could take a knee and protest peacefully whatever it is that their hearts desire.”

if they take no offense to it why was he getting text from vets urging him to stand ... I don't get it , doesn't seem to work both ways /shrug

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

What's he suppose to say? He has to play with those morons for 13 more games. AV is a hell of a man who shouldn't apologize for any of his actions from yesterday.

https://youtu.be/jFhborYfWsY

Give this a watch. This man nails it.

https://youtu.be/jFhborYfWsY

Give this a watch. This man nails it.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Who is that guy.......I'd vote for him. That's a man that's passionate.

BurghBoy412

I just don't understand how a man could go to war and see all kinds of violence and things unimaginable. Then get back and be so easily offended. It just seems like you would have way thicker skin after fighting in a war.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

They do, they keep saying it in every single interview but the media makes a big deal about WHEN they are protesting and the people who are ignorant on the matter get all bent out of shape because they don’t know why these people are protesting. Veterans, flags and anthems have nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by BurghBoy412 View Post
    I just don't understand how a man could go to war and see all kinds of violence and things unimaginable. Then get back and be so easily offended. It just seems like you would have way thicker skin after fighting in a war.
    Smh...

BurghBoy412

Smh...
    Well why? Why are Conservatives so easily offended? Why do they always accuse others of being so sensative yet they are pretty much the definition of the word. Why can't we just live and let live. Why does there always have to be this hate? This divide? I really wish my Country would be United!