Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gameballs and Goats.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Gameballs and Goats.

Shitty team. Road Game.

Loss. Cowherd was right.

No Game Balls.

Big Time Goats go to the Offense and Special Teams. The Defense is a goat too, but I don't even know if they are. They've been behind the 8-ball all game. Gift the Offense a turnover and you don't turn that into 7. Offense comes up totally short with the game on the line, then the Zebras take the screws to the D in Overtime.

The worst part about it is now everyone needs to be fired blah blah blah.

Don't care. Moving on.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Gameballs and Goats.

Game Goat goes to the entire god damn team. Why they continue to insist on dicking around with teams like this even after the results they get is beyond me. Also to the refs which were all horrible

Senior Member Array title="Neversatisfied has a spectacular aura about">

No Game balls
    Goats- take your pick
    Offense- Ben isnt Ben not only on the road but this season. No Rushing, just not looking good. Penalties,Penalties and more penalties.

Defense- WHY THE HELL DOES THIS TEAM MISS SO MANY TACKLES??? Enough of the flahy highlight hits..Wrap UP.
    Coaching- Absolutely terrible.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Nobody gets a damn game ball.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Game ball: AV

Goats: Tomlin, Ben, Haley, Butler, Smith.

Check out Ben's radio show this week.
    Little doubt that he'll dish out most of the blame to everyone else and accept very little.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

No game balls for the losing team as a matter of principle.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Game Ball - Vance McDonald

Goats - Coaching, Ben, Bell, Tackling.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

No gameballs

Defense crapped the bed after the first Steelers TD and for most of the 4th quarter & OT

Offense had one scoring drive that started outside of Bears 25

Special teams had a fumbled punt and a blocked FG

They deserved to lose and the 30 ppg+ offense is a joke

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

I got nuthin'.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

How about a foot in the A$$ for coaches and players!

Ū Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Heroes: Villanueava, McDonald, Berry, Hargrave

Goats: Tomlin
    Last edited by Steeldude; 09-24-2017 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Forgot Hargrave
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    No gameballs

Defense crapped the bed after the first Steelers TD and for most of the 4th quarter & OT

Offense had one scoring drive that started outside of Bears 25

Special teams had a fumbled punt and a blocked FG

They deserved to lose and the 30 ppg+ offense is a joke
    yep the Defense played like crap at times but they did their job the 1st series only to have ST fumble the punt and they are right back out on the field. That's much worse than a 3 and out by the offense. IMHO the Offense has been horrible most of the year.

Someone please explain to me the officials giving the bears the FG at 1/2 time. I missed it completely.

Gameball: AB. He shows up to play no matter the situation. Shazier had a good game as well. HM: to Vance McDonald for hustling.

Goats: Where do I start?

• Jordan Berry. Talk about a boneheaded play. You fall on the ball. You do not punch it out of the endzone. That boneheaded mistake alone cost the game if the second half plays out the same way it did.
    • Offensive Line. Turnstyles and pylons. I hope today made it blindingly obvious to people that our O line is not playing well.
    • Run Defense. How bad was it? For the first time since Bill Cowher took over the reigns from Chuck Knoll, I found myself more confident in the pass defense than the run defense.
    • Referees. Don't get me wrong, the Steelers lost the game. But seriously, every big run on Chicago's last drive was sprung by a holding that could be considered mugging in 31 states and 2 territories.

HM: special teams. I'll give them a pass for the most part because we're still doing good in limiting return yards. However, that blocked punt was ugly.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Game Ball: AB. Honorable mention to Vance McDonald for his hustle on the blocked FG

Goats: Too many to mention but since no one else has said it, OL. They've played poorly every game this season, including the preseason. Hubbard is not an NFL tackle and AV has regressed. I'll give AV a bit of a break since he's been sick but he needs to pick it up.
    “I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!” - Jack Lambert

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Berry actually could have let the ball go because the Bears could not recover the ball and advance the fumble. The half would have been over. No FG attempt.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Gameball: AB. He shows up to play no matter the situation. Shazier had a good game as well. HM: to Vance McDonald for hustling.

• Jordan Berry. Talk about a boneheaded play. You fall on the ball. You do not punch it out of the endzone. That boneheaded mistake alone cost the game if the second half plays out the same way it did.
    • Offensive Line. Turnstyles and pylons. I hope today made it blindingly obvious to people that our O line is not playing well.
    • Run Defense. How bad was it? For the first time since Bill Cowher took over the reigns from Chuck Knoll, I found myself more confident in the pass defense than the run defense.
    • Referees. Don't get me wrong, the Steelers lost the game. But seriously, every big run on Chicago's last drive was sprung by a holding that could be considered mugging in 31 states and 2 territories.

HM: special teams. I'll give them a pass for the most part because we're still doing good in limiting return yards. However, that blocked punt was ugly.
    Agree 100%. Almost every big run was sprung by one of our players getting mugged with no flag. What makes it worse is that I just watched the Titans have a TD called back because of a "holding" call where Decker just barely got his hand on the outside shoulder of Chanceller while blocking. Talk about inconsistency in calls.
    “I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!” - Jack Lambert

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

No goats, no heros, just one of the worst all around games I have see in a long time. These games come and go, I'll worry if it happens again next week.

Have to admit, I wasn't thrilled with some of the play calling.

AML

Ū Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

I don't think he was in a good position to fall on the ball. It's why he punched it out so they wouldn't get a TD.
    Hater = Realist

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    I don't think he was in a good position to fall on the ball. It's why he punched it out so they wouldn't get a TD.
    Wouldn't have been a TD. Bears could not have advanced the fumble. The old Dave Casper/Holy Roller rule

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post

Someone please explain to me the officials giving the bears the FG at 1/2 time. I missed it completely.
    It was a blown call. The ball came out of the player's position and into the endzone. Had a Steelers player fallen on it, or the ball go out of the endzone, it's a touchback. However, what did happen was an "illegal batting" of the ball. According to Note 2 of article 1 "safety" "Impetus is always attributed to the offense, unless the defense creates a new force that sends the ball behind its own goal line by muffing a ball ... or by batting or kicking any loose ball." According to Section 5.1.b if the "impetus of by a team sends the ball behind their own goal line or out of bounds behind the goal line, it results in a safety."

Hence, it should have been a safety. The refs, however, seemed to have called it a fumble and then defensive penalty in the endzone, which put the ball back on the 1 yard line. And, since the half can't end with a defensive penalty, they got one more play.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Nobody deserved a game ball, ST, offense and run defense were all atrocious.

We need to stop thinking that 5 nice plays a game is actually a legitimate substitute for an "offense."

Bell was ineffective again, but really it has nothing to do with blowing off months of training. Really, it doesn't.

Our run defense showed that we're probably missing Tuitt even more than I thought.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

So many times, a Steelers defender would have a hand on the RB, making me think they would get a "tackle for a loss"... only to have that RB gain 5 yards (a difference of 10 yards).

The plays were there there to be had, but the tackling was not.

QUESTION:
    How different would this game have been if Bryant reels in that first pass/first play for a long TD???

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    So many times, a Steelers defender would have a hand on the RB, making me think they would get a "tackle for a loss"... only to have that RB gain 5 yards (a difference of 10 yards).

QUESTION:
    How different would this game have been if Bryant reels in that first pass/first play for a long TD???
    It could have been completely different if he hauls in that pass. Changes the whole attitude of the team, raises confidence and adrenaline. Blow-out ensues.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Game Ball - Chicago 'Cooper' for dropping a TD or the score would've looked worse.

Game GOAT - whole damn team. Again coaches didn't have team prepared. Offense didn't look on same page and had no momentum or enthusiasm. Tackling was none existent. And play calling was ridiculous and pathetic. Outplayed and out coached again.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

I'd cut berry some slack considering a punters mindset on a loose ball in the endszone . The rest is spot on run defense against a team with. O passing ability was aweful

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I've been thinking about the deep ball stuff. The more I think about it, the more I believe it is all on Ben R. Most of the missed deep passes in the first 3 games have been on multi-receiver plays. They have not all been deep routes. That means that Ben has other options besides the deep ball. He is electing not to take it. Unless the team benches him, not much they can do.

I mean if Haley was calling 4 verticals on 3rd and 2, I would see it another way. But when the playcall sends potential pass catchers to all levels, and Ben gets all goo-goo eyed for the deep route, what can you do?

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

game balls mcdonald and berry for not giving up on blocked FG

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

QUESTION:
    Sammy Baugh after the Redskins lost 73-0 to the Bears

The Redskins, who had defeated the Bears, 7-3, on the same field three weeks earlier, botched a scoring opportunity early in the title game when the usually reliable receiver Charlie Malone dropped a Baugh pass on the goal line. At the time, the Bears had scored only seven points, and the outcome of the game was still in doubt.

Someone later asked Baugh if the result would have been different had Malone not dropped the pass.

"Sure," Baugh said. "The final score would have been 73-6."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...T2008121703927

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I've been thinking about the deep ball stuff. The more I think about it, the more I believe it is all on Ben R. Most of the missed deep passes in the first 3 games have been on multi-receiver plays. They have not all been deep routes. That means that Ben has other options besides the deep ball. He is electing not to take it. Unless the team benches him, not much they can do.

I mean if Haley was calling 4 verticals on 3rd and 2, I would see it another way. But when the playcall sends potential pass catchers to all levels, and Ben gets all goo-goo eyed for the deep route, what can you do?
    The empty backfield on third and goal from the one before the Steelers TD (saved by the defensive holding call) indicates Haley is part of the "we are so good we can take what we want" attitude

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Sammy Baugh after the Redskins lost 73-0 to the Bears

The Redskins, who had defeated the Bears, 7-3, on the same field three weeks earlier, botched a scoring opportunity early in the title game when the usually reliable receiver Charlie Malone dropped a Baugh pass on the goal line. At the time, the Bears had scored only seven points, and the outcome of the game was still in doubt.

Someone later asked Baugh if the result would have been different had Malone not dropped the pass.

"Sure," Baugh said. "The final score would have been 73-6."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...T2008121703927

Holy crap!!! Great, great quote.

Of course, using Baugh's logic, the Steelers would have won in regulation: 24-17.