Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Trump's remarks about NFL players kneeling during the National Anthem

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Trump's remarks about NFL players kneeling during the National Anthem

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post
    you answered your own question ... HERE is the phone call released by the widow because she was pissed at how it was being put out there by the Fake News people ..

Different phone call different widow.

http://www.nydailynews.com/amp/news/...icle-1.3577432

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Different phone call and widow yes but this phone call shows his sincerity and respect for the fallen soldier as well for his family. Why would he care any less for Sgt. Johnson and his wife? No matter what Trump does, people will spin it to suit their narrative. I certainly won't take what a democratic representative says to heart until I hear the phone call first hand
    PATRIOTS**
    BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    Different phone call and widow yes but this phone call shows his sincerity and respect for the fallen soldier as well for his family. Why would he care any less for Sgt. Johnson and his wife? No matter what Trump does, people will spin it to suit their narrative. I certainly won't take what a democratic representative says to heart until I hear the phone call first hand
    Certainly. I want to be clear that I the linked audio that was a respectful and appropriate conversation.

I guess I'm just starting to feel this is another issue meaning the protests that is being used to divide and distract all of us.

Politucians want us distracted so we don't realize how much they are screwing us.

What NFL players do or don't do has zero impact on my life. What our elected officials do does.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Certainly. I want to be clear that I the linked audio that was a respectful and appropriate conversation.

I guess I'm just starting to feel this is another issue meaning the protests that is being used to divide and distract all of us.

Politucians want us distracted so we don't realize how much they are screwing us.

What NFL players do or don't do has zero impact on my life. What our elected officials do does.

Agreed.. I'm tired of every anthill being turned into mountain when we have much bigger problems to worry about. Meanwhile the press is talking about how many scoops of ice cream he gets, how he's a racist nazi, and likes to pee on russian hookers
    PATRIOTS**
    BUNGLES

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute">

What if she was a GOP representative?

Representative Wilson should not have publicized the call, the President should not have reacted as he always does to her comments (he tweeted again about it this morning) but forget that possibility, and Chief of Staff Kelly did not do himself any favors by including an attack on Representative Wilson that apparently was not accurate after his moving statements on U.S. soldiers who are KIA. Nobody other than the families of the fallen soldiers comes out of this latest episode with a better reputation. But such is life when governing has become a reality TV show rather than accomplishing anything.

Other Presidents might have handled this entire situation differently - this from President Bush's former press secretary on when W visited wounded soldiers and their families

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    What if she was a GOP representative?

you don't think someone already against the POTUS and will likely try to keep her job in 2018 by running against the POTUS would twist his words around?
    PATRIOTS**
    BUNGLES

HTG ¤-

you don't think someone already against the POTUS and will likely try to keep her job in 2018 by running against the POTUS would twist his words around?
    How about "might" twist them around rather than "would"? Or is the default assumption these days that every elected representative will not miss an opportunity to lie if it allows a partisan point to be scored?

FWIW a family member in the vehicle confirmed the account - just another bitter partisan I guess

Sergeant Johnson’s mother, Cowanda Jones-Johnson, backed the congresswoman’s version. “Yes, he did state that comment,” Ms. Jones-Johnson said, via message on Facebook, of Mr. Trump’s remark that her son “knew what he signed up for.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/18/u...nson-call.html

And although Chief of Staff Kelly tore into Representative Wilson, "Kelly did not contradict Wilson's account."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/19/politics/john-kelly-donald-trump-niger-family-calls/index.html

I am sick of this too but the Pot Stirrer In Chief these days is the President

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="Steelerschik is just really nice">

Speaking of proof, moron/liar/kitty cat grabber in chief said he had proof of what he said to the widow, where is it? Oh that's right, with all the other proof he can't prove because he has no proof.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a brilliant future"> silver & black's Avatar

So............ when might our elected officials actually DO something for us, other than keep this kind $#@%^* front and center while they ALL screw us? Ummmm...... never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    So............ when might our elected officials actually DO something for us, other than keep this kind $#@%^* front and center while they ALL screw us? Ummmm...... never mind.
    They won't

It is perpetual campaign - the only thing that matters is the next election

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Exactly!!!

Look how outraged folks get about these distraction issues but many of the same folks are not saying boo about moves to eliminate their healthcare. Or the associated moves to take the money from healthcare and use it to fund a massive tax break for rich folks who don’t need it. The math is transparently clear.

But, we better make sure no one protests the anthem.

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a spectacular aura about">

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    They won't

It is perpetual campaign - the only thing that matters is the next election
    Yep.

Ken Burns' recent "Viet Nam War" TV movie clearly illustrated this presidential/political mindset that resulted in grave consequences.

Young men were dying needlessly and yet both Kennedy and Johnson were more concerned about how a US pullout/admitted loss would damage their chances of re-election.

In fairness to them, they seemed to agonize over their decisions, but ultimately they valued re-election over saving lives.