Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump's remarks about NFL players kneeling during the National Anthem

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Steelers not standing for anthem today

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    This thread is just about the saddest thing I have ever read.
    Yeah, we have a soapbox section that is a ghost town where this should be continued and stay.

I don't even want to think about this issue while the Steelers lose a crap game.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Trump's remarks about NFL players kneeling during the National Anthem

(I put this in the Soapbox section purposely as to not clog up the NFL section with politics)
    Thank you.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

As a Vet I am done with the NFL, I don’t care what Trump said, it shouldn’t matter. What matters is their fans are people like me, people who revere that flag, and people fought for that flag, and people who respect the police. This forum has been fun, but I will no longer waste my time on Sunday’s with football. Goodluck to the Steelers and to all of you.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Most of the f**king league protested in one form or another

I am p***ed off about the game but are you serious?

fansince76 - this is the 2008 election SFF threads on steroids - any chance posters are encourage to save this for the soapbox?
    I don't think alot of folks around here really pay any attention to the rest of the NFL.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    As a Vet I am done with the NFL, I don’t care what Trump said, it shouldn’t matter. What matters is their fans are people like me, people who revere that flag, and people fought for that flag, and people who respect the police. This forum has been fun, but I will no longer waste my time on Sunday’s with football. Goodluck to the Steelers and to all of you.
    They're called conservatives.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

For the record, I posted a separate thread in the Soapbox section and yet only one person posted in that one.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    This country was founded by groups of people protesting the actions of what they saw as an unjust and unfair system instituted by the government. Many people agreed with those protests. Many did not.

Seems to me that crapping on people that are choosing to voice their opinions, no matter how distasteful we may find them and vehemently we may disagree with them, kinda misses the whole point of this experiment in democracy that we call our country.
    tell that to your fellow liberal friends in Bezerkly, Ca who won't let conservatives speak freely at the University.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    tell that to your fellow liberal friends in Bezerkly, Ca who won't let conservatives speak freely at the University.
    I don't know those folks nor do I care for their viewpoints. But its cool of you want to lump everyone who you don't agree with together.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Trump triggered the Steelers.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Sorry for creating this shit thread fellas. Mods feel free to revoke my thread creating privileges.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    So the only two routes to go are kneeling or shooting each other? How about stand to show respect and then go play the game you are paid millions to do? Funny how none of them protest after the game is over.
    To believe that patriotism will not flourish if patriotic ceremonies are voluntary and spontaneous instead of a compulsory routine is to make an unflattering estimate of the appeal of our institutions to free minds.

Robert Jackson, J. - majority opinion West Virginia St. Bd. of Education v. Barnette (1943)

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-suprem...t/319/624.html

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Trump was right. The NFL could've went about their business and ignored the statements, but all they did was prove him correct.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Most of the f**king league protested in one form or another

I am p***ed off about the game but are you serious?

fansince76 - this is the 2008 election SFF threads on steroids - any chance posters are encourage to save this for the soapbox?
    Yep - moving this one.

Quote Originally Posted by salamander View Post
    For the record, I posted a separate thread in the Soapbox section and yet only one person posted in that one.
    I am merging this thread with that one. Hope you don't mind.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salamander View Post
    Maybe that is because most posters do not want to talk about it unless someone interjects it into a football thread?

I could spend all day posting about Trump but am looking for an escape

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

I would be fired at my job if I made political statements while on the clock and caused my employers to lose clients. People are more pissed than you realize.

I know Tomlin thought he was doing the right thing, but shame on the team for letting Al Villaneuva stand alone. Karma bit them in the ass.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    I would be fired at my job if I made political statements while on the clock and caused my employers to lose clients. People are more pissed than you realize.

I know Tomlin thought he was doing the right thing, but shame on the team for letting Al Villaneuva stand alone. Karma bit them in the ass.
    That was such a terrible look for the Steelers. SMH

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

The Steelers did not stay in the locker room, but if they can stand in the tunnel, then they need to get their asses beside their teammate, an army veteran who's a mother fucking hero.

He was alone but some Steelers were in the hallway standing for the anthem. Can't see behind the front players who else was standing.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

whats next for this team, signing Kaepernic.

Senior Member Array title="Steelerschik is just really nice">

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    whats next for this team, signing Kaepernic.
    They did what's in their rights to do. I might not agree with it, but this is what our country is founded on, freedom. So far that is. I could say I'm disappointed in the Penguins for going to the WH, but I understand why they are. I'm not put off on anyone exercising their rights just because it's something I wouldn't do.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerschik View Post
    They did what's in their rights to do. I might not agree with it, but this is what our country is founded on, freedom. So far that is. I could say I'm disappointed in the Penguins for going to the WH, but I understand why they are. I'm not put off on anyone exercising their rights just because it's something I wouldn't do.
    I don't have the right to make political statements at my job and lose customers for my employers. Period.

I don't have the right to make political statements at my job and lose customers for my employers. Period.
    Well I guess that's your job and others as well. Apparently not the NFL. Period.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    He was alone but some Steelers were in the hallway standing for the anthem. Can't see behind the front players who else was standing.

Looks to me like they did stand for the national anthem at least those in front

Well I guess that's your job and others as well. Apparently not the NFL. Period.
    And people have the right to watch something else and spend their money elsewhere. And they will.

And people have the right to watch something else and spend their money elsewhere. And they will.
    They've been doing it before all this. They can/will continue to do it. The NFL will still be the NFL.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Amen

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Looks to me like they did stand for the national anthem at least those in front
    Ben , Cam , Chick , Foster and it looks like Moats
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

It is within their right ,and most fair minded people aren't even saying the don't have a substantial reason to protest. I think most just think this is the wrong platform. I am one of them. Trump is the divisive one for having his opinion but Kaepernick and company aren't. It always double standard. Maybe the Penguins are going to WH out of respect for the office and and plan on having productive dialogue on the subject, which would be a less divisive way then Steph Curry for declining a great honor.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

They've been doing it before all this. They can/will continue to do it. The NFL will still be the NFL.
    we will see viewership was already down to the lowest in 30 years ..... I bet it gets far worse before it gets any better .... you attract a lot more flies with honey than you do vinegar

BurghBoy412

Fuck this whole over blown story. Y'all act like there witnessing a rape and carelessly standing by. For fucks sake it's the National Anthem. Quit taking yourselves so fucking serious. How about being thankful that you live in the Greatest Country on Earth and you have the ability to stand or sit and won't get killed for doing either.

Quote Originally Posted by BurghBoy412 View Post
    Fuck this whole over blown story. Y'all act like there witnessing a rape and carelessly standing by. For fucks sake it's the National Anthem. Quit taking yourselves so fucking serious. How about being thankful that you live in the Greatest Country on Earth and you have the ability to stand or sit and won't get killed for doing either.
    half the problem , youth has no respect for the flag , the anthem , the nation in general because everything has been handed to most of them and never had to earn a damn thing in their lives ..... but I digress and will remove myself from this conversation for a bit as I am to pissed off to speak rationally on the topic