Thread: Smith-Schuster’s Maturation Likely Will Lead To Even Greater Versatility

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Smith-Schuster’s Maturation Likely Will Lead To Even Greater Versatility

Must be fun for JuJu and the coaches!

Not that it was much of a secret at the time, but in the wake of his attention-grabbing block on Vikings Pro Bowl safety Harrison Smith during Sunday’s game, Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley acknowledged on Thursday that the physical aspect that he is able to bring to the game is one of the reasons that they were interested in wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster.

When he talks about the block—and only because he keeps getting asked the questions—he simply says that it is part of his job. Evidently job descriptions for wide receivers can vary, since Mike Wallace clearly seems to think that his says nothing about blocking.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/09...r-versatility/

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Smith-Schuster’s Maturation Likely Will Lead To Even Greater Versatility

JuJu is going to get better every week, given that he stays healthy. I see him as a combo of HW and Anquan Boldin.

BurghBoy412

Re: Smith-Schuster’s Maturation Likely Will Lead To Even Greater Versatility

I wasn't thrilled with the 2nd round pick of WR when it went down. Now that I've seen the kid and what he's capable of I'm convinced the Steelers stole this kid in the 2nd.