Thread: NFL reportedly considering moving Chargers back to San Diego

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

NFL reportedly considering moving Chargers back to San Diego

Could the NFL really send the Chargers back to San Diego? It's something being discussed, according to longtime NFL reporter Don Banks.

The former Sports Illustrated reporter, who has worked for NFL Media and currently writes for The Athletic, told a San Diego radio station on Thursday the NFL never wanted to lose San Diego as a market and could force Chargers owner Dean Spanos to take the team back.

"I have been painted a picture from people I’ve talked to that the league was sympathetic … to Dean Spanos’ plight," Banks told The Mighty 1090. "Feels like he had been a ‘league guy’ feels like he had waited kind of his turn on the relocation front, thought he had the votes the year before — Jerry Jones and Stan Kroenke pretty much outmaneuvered Dean and Mark Davis with the Raiders to be the first in line for LA. So it was almost as if this was a bit of a make up.

read more

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-reporte...010040080.html

I do not know if it's credible but if it's true .... WOW!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: NFL reportedly considering moving Chargers back to San Diego

Can't make this stuff up

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Sounds like fake news... but it'd be better for the Chargers and the league. LA is a dead market for football.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

To bad the league is more concerned with creating Drama than improving the game from it's current condition.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I think I should work for the NFL...i must be super smart, I said they shouldn’t move out of San Diego...hmmmm.

Lol.

Seriously...who didn’t see this one coming???

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I can't believe there was shock and awe at a low attendance. I went to see the Steelers play the Rams in St.Louis. Tickets, hotel, travel expenses, came to around $800. If it were being played at a 30k seat soccer stadium instead of an NFL stadium, I would have felt ripped off. Probably would not have gone if I knew this up front. At least not for what I paid. Was the SD game discounted any because of where it was played? I would hope so. But even then, the stadium only holds 30k people anyway.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Would be funny if Dean Spanos took a knee during a press conference about it.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Would be funny if Dean Spanos took a knee during a press conference about it.
    Video of San Diego mayor when Spanos asks to reopen stadium negotiations

What a cluster

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Sounds like fake news... but it'd be better for the Chargers and the league. LA is a dead market for football.
    Exactly. And also at least one reason why the Rams packed up and moved to St. Louis in 1994 in the first place.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    To bad the league is more concerned with creating Drama than improving the game from it's current condition.
    This.

There's way too much really bad football these days. Why?

There's way too big a disparity between the best teams and worst teams. Why?
    The same teams make the playoffs year after year. Why?

The draft is stacked against the better teams and the worst teams get the best players but they still remain the worst teams in the league. Why?

The Patriots win their division year after year. I don't even need to ask why. The other 3 teams are .

Put a more competitive product on the field and the problem will be solved.

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

I can see the name now. The Los Angeles Chargers of San Diego.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

The should have formally renamed them the Super Chargers.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Thought it was a bad idea for them to move there in the first place.

At least with the Rams they have a young QB that will be marketable for the next decade, they also have a history in that city unlike the Chargers who only spent 1 year in LA before now.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    The San Angeles Chargers...

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post