Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roethlisberger Claims Harrison Had No Clue Why He Didn’t Play Against Vikings

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Re: Roethlisberger Claims Harrison Had No Clue Why He Didn’t Play Against Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    A little sensitive there. I just asked a question and you throw an insult. At least I pay read and pay attention to what you say. Not sure where the double standard line came from.
    What insult? I was referring to double-standards as being weird, not you personally. Sorry for the confusion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Dupree is the best OLB on this team.
    Well we are all entitled to our opinion, but I don't quite see how Dupree has proven he is a better OLB than Harrison. Dupree has yet to even put together a season. He doesn't command double-teams. Harrison still sets the edge better. As for coverage, I don't see much from Dupree to tell if he is better, the same or worse. Being younger and faster doesn't always equate to better.

Perhaps this year Dupree will be a monster pass rusher and all-around great OLB, but I will wait until it is seen before claiming he is the best on OLB yet.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Re: Roethlisberger Claims Harrison Had No Clue Why He Didn’t Play Against Vikings

I believe that the development of this young defense by the time we (should) hit the playoffs,

is the most important missing piece needed to win another Lombardi.

So the more develoment snaps these younger players get, the better imo.

We know we have a solid player in Harrison and are fortunate to have the luxury of keeping him fresh/in the bullpen.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

This reminds me of the Toby Keith song: As Good As I Once Was.

It's about a guy who is aging, but he's still got a few good "plays" left in the tank. He's not as good as he once was, but he's good ONCE as he ever was.

Harrison is not the guy you want playing 60 snaps for all 16 games. But, if the season was on the line, and it was the opposition's final series, there's not another OLB I'd want on the field.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    What insult? I was referring to double-standards as being weird, not you personally. Sorry for the confusion.

- - - Updated - - -

Well we are all entitled to our opinion, but I don't quite see how Dupree has proven he is a better OLB than Harrison. Dupree has yet to even put together a season. He doesn't command double-teams. Harrison still sets the edge better. As for coverage, I don't see much from Dupree to tell if he is better, the same or worse. Being younger and faster doesn't always equate to better.

Perhaps this year Dupree will be a monster pass rusher and all-around great OLB, but I will wait until it is seen before claiming he is the best on OLB yet.
    We will never know if our young OLBs are good or not if they are not on the field ....

For now, they are on the field and they are very good!

I hope that it continues.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Why should JH play over Watt, Dupree, and Chickillo?

All three are playing well and they need to play so they can continue to develop. Those guys will be here next year, and for years to come, JH won't. (I'll see Harrison come December)

Ben needs to worry about not having another average road game with Chicago coming up.
    I agree 100% Play the future, with all due respect to the great Harrison. ( I still can't get past that bunghole smell from him though).

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

So if you were in charge next week, what would the OLB line-up, rotation, and responsibilities look like? Assume everyone is healthy.

I would start Dupree and Watt. Harrison and Chickillo get about 10-12 snaps a piece. Not sure I dress Moats.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    So if you were in charge next week, what would the OLB line-up, rotation, and responsibilities look like? Assume everyone is healthy.

I would start Dupree and Watt. Harrison and Chickillo get about 10-12 snaps a piece. Not sure I dress Moats.

He would surely play Joey Porter and James Harrison as starter since they are more proven!

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

This isn't about who has a better history, it's about "NOW".

Dupree is the best OLB on the roster. He has grown leaps and bounds as a pass rusher.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/09...-season-debut/
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

This isn't about who has a better history, it's about "NOW".

Dupree is the best OLB on the roster. He has grown leaps and bounds as a pass rusher.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/09...-season-debut/
    And yet after the first game, there was talk on this forum about trading him.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    thats what the eye test seemed to say as well. consistent pressure has been an issue. hopefully his work with that legendary pass rush coach has fixed this
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

That seems about right. Although, I might give Harrison even fewer snaps... and then give him much more (30) for the Ravens game.

He's like Voltron's blazing sword.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Harrison should either be i the rotation or told that he is being saved for later in the season to keep his legs fresh. Either way, he should have some sort of clue

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Harrison should either be i the rotation or told that he is being saved for later in the season to keep his legs fresh. Either way, he should have some sort of clue
    1) Harrison might have known, but he didn't tell Roethlisberger.

2) BB was mistaken.

3) BB was stretching the truth, in order to create interest.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    1) Harrison might have known, but he didn't tell Roethlisberger.

2) BB was mistaken.

3) BB was stretching the truth, in order to create drama.
    Fixed.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Trolling the media again? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler