Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Week 3: @ Bears

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Re: Week 3: @ Bears

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Sounds like another potential case where they play down to a bad team
    Yep, this scares me too. Chicago a 'bottom feeder' for right now ( early in season), at home and looking to get their fans pumped....definitely going to be a test for our guys to play UP and stop that bottom feeder crap. GO STEELER'S

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

I aint skeerrd.. Steelers dominate 35-3

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Not true, unfortunately. The Steelers played in Chicago in 2009...and lost. Had a lead in the final stretches, until the Defense collapsed down the stretch as per usual.

Yep - that was the first game after Troy was injured in the season opener and missed his first stretch of time in 2009 that showed how much he meant to that defense.

Also the beginning of Jeff Reed's demise - Reed had been money until 2009 but missed 2 FGs in the 4th quarter before Bears kicked game ending FG to win

http://www.espn.com/nfl/recap?gameId=290920003

BurghBoy412

On paper Chicago doesn't come close to matching up on either side of the ball. I can see this being a big game for the receiving corps. Considering that Bears are starting a 10th year vet in Quintin Demps at one Safety spot. While the other Safety spot is occupied by a Rookie in Eddie Jackson. I expect we'll see another long ball fest. I can really see the Steeler recievers stretching this Defense vertically while Bell gets going underneath. I don't worry about this being too much of a "trap" game. Yes the Steelers have Baltimore on the schedule in week 4. But the Bears will travel to GB for a week 4 tilt with the Packers.

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BurghBoy412 View Post
    On paper Chicago doesn't come close to matching up on either side of the ball. I can see this being a big game for the receiving corps. Considering that Bears are starting a 10th year vet in Quintin Demps at one Safety spot. While the other Safety spot is occupied by a Rookie in Eddie Jackson. I expect we'll see another long ball fest. I can really see the Steeler recievers stretching this Defense vertically while Bell gets going underneath. I don't worry about this being too much of a "trap" game. Yes the Steelers have Baltimore on the schedule in week 4. But the Bears will travel to GB for a week 4 tilt with the Packers.
    What does week 4 have to do with us beating the Bears? I think you're right though. The Bears will have to respect our speed and be forced to keep their safeties out of the box. This could be the game Bell has some room to operate.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Glennon has completed 67% of his passes this season. Problem is he's averaging 6 yards per pass. Lots of dink and dunk passes. This is a great game for our DBs to play tight man coverage. Their leading receiver is their rookie RB though. We get to see Markus Wheaton this week too.

BurghBoy412

Quote Originally Posted by RunNGun View Post
    What does week 4 have to do with us beating the Bears? I think you're right though. The Bears will have to respect our speed and be forced to keep their safeties out of the box. This could be the game Bell has some room to operate.
    Week 4 in case the teams are looking ahead.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

A good portion of the Steelers biggest stinkers against bad teams (particularly the last few years,) have tended to come the week after big wins (a good portion of them being big division wins).
    -Last year's stinker came a week after a big division win over the Bengirls
    -The 2nd loss to the Ravens in 2015 where they had Ben playing came right after back-to-back wins against the 12-4 Bengals and the 12-4 Broncos (after trailing Denver by 17 points
    -2014 loss to the Bucs came a week after demolishing the then 2-0 Panthers on Sunday night football in Carolina.
    -The loss to the Jets later that year came after back-to-back romps against the Colts and Rats (after playing the Rats on Sunday night football)
    -2013 loss to the Raiders followed a win over the Rats
    -Going back to Tomlin's rookie year, the loss against the Jets came after 3 straight wins over each of the Steelers division rivals, the last of which was a 15 point comeback against the 10-6 Browns squad

Not sure how good Minnesota will be, but overall they got a 17 point win over a physical team with a top tier defense, it was a fairly impressive win, even with Case Keenum as a starter,

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Nice research st33lersguy ! Thanks

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

That's what I mean...has all the makings for a let down.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

From Tomlin's Presser:

Injuries

Outlaw - ankle
    M. Gilbert - Hamstring may affect early week practices
    Tuitt - Bicep
    McDonald - Back
    TJ - Groin
    JJ Wilcox - last elements of concussion protocol

Will see how the week progresses.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    A good portion of the Steelers biggest stinkers against bad teams (particularly the last few years,) have tended to come the week after big wins (a good portion of them being big division wins).
    -Last year's stinker came a week after a big division win over the Bengirls
    -The 2nd loss to the Ravens in 2015 where they had Ben playing came right after back-to-back wins against the 12-4 Bengals and the 12-4 Broncos (after trailing Denver by 17 points
    -2014 loss to the Bucs came a week after demolishing the then 2-0 Panthers on Sunday night football in Carolina.
    -The loss to the Jets later that year came after back-to-back romps against the Colts and Rats (after playing the Rats on Sunday night football)
    -2013 loss to the Raiders followed a win over the Rats
    -Going back to Tomlin's rookie year, the loss against the Jets came after 3 straight wins over each of the Steelers division rivals, the last of which was a 15 point comeback against the 10-6 Browns squad

Not sure how good Minnesota will be, but overall they got a 17 point win over a physical team with a top tier defense, it was a fairly impressive win, even with Case Keenum as a starter,
    Depends on what you call a "BIG WIN".

https://www.reddit.com/r/steelers/co...a_blowout_win/

To be honest, I do not think the win against the Vikings was a BIG win ...

Our first BIG game is going to be against the Ravens in week 4 and if we win in Baltimore, the steelers could have a letdown against the Jaguars but fortunately this game is home.

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    This 1-12 record a Soldier scares me more than any 'let down' scenario. We have a similar issue playing in Philly. Nothing you can put numbers to, or anything to do differently when it covers generations. Just have to stay focused and knock the QB down.

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest, I do not think the win against the Vikings was a BIG win ...

Our first BIG game is going to be against the Ravens in week 4 and if we win in Baltimore, the steelers could have a letdown against the Jaguars but fortunately this game is home.
    I don't either. But it was a blowout win.26-9. Steelers were only favored by 5.5 at home. 17 points is a blowout.

BurghBoy412

C'mon guys scared? Worried? WTF? When are we going to start showing some faith in these guys. Stop living in the past. Each season each team has its own identity. Why don't we worry when there is actually cause for worry? The team is 2-0 and yes they're starting out slow. However I'd rather they start off slow than start off fast and tail off. The slow start is forcing them to focus on details. This is going to pay dividends come playoff time. Freaking relax. Stop over thinking it. It's football not a damn mission to Mars.

C'mon guys scared? Worried? WTF? When are we going to start showing some faith in these guys. Stop living in the past. Each season each team has its own identity. Why don't we worry when there is actually cause for worry? The team is 2-0 and yes they're starting out slow. However I'd rather they start off slow than start off fast and tail off. The slow start is forcing them to focus on details. This is going to pay dividends come playoff time. Freaking relax. Stop over thinking it. It's football not a damn mission to Mars.
    This

There are a lot of Steeler fans that should just buy a dog.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    There are a lot of Steeler fans that should just buy a dog.

BurghBoy412

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Why you gotta stereotype James like that???

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

JH would find the only dog out there that looks stronger than him!

Naw. James Harrison is not human. He is James Harrison.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

i wonder how many we've won while being 7 point favorites or more? Context, context.

ill give 2009 a pass because that whole season was a choke job. 2012, Ben was clearly returning from injury too soon. The rest are inexcusable
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    i wonder how many we've won while being 7 point favorites or more? Context, context.

ill give 2009 a pass because that whole season was a choke job. 2012, Ben was clearly returning from injury too soon. The rest are inexcusable
    I do not know, but I know that this year the steelers were favorite in the first 2 games by more than a TD.

Against the Vikings, they changed their spread after Bradford was out...Before his injury, the steelers were favored by 5.5 and after we know that Bradford was going to be out, the steelers were favorite by 9.5

- - - Updated - - -

This tweet was after the loss against Miami last year...

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar