Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 3: @ Bears

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Week 3: @ Bears

This was looking to be one of the worst teams in the NFL going into the season. 1 close loss with the NFC Champion Falcons, and 1 blowout loss to a potential playoff team in the Bucs. I think the offense will continue to get their sealegs under them but still get a tougher game than the Bears lack of talent suggests. Shut down Jordan Howard and this is an automatic win. Even if Tuitt and Watt miss the game I have no doubt we'll be able to do just that. Haden and Burns did a fantastic job today against a good early season test of Diggs/Thielen. Deonte Thompson and Kendall Wright will be far easier for them to cover

30-20 Steelers
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Week 3: @ Bears

One of the 2 teams that Tomlin has never beaten(The saints are the others).

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I normally don't predict blowouts, but I feel that I'll see the Steelers trounce them 42-10.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Recipe for disaster. Bad team on the road in a place the Steelers have rarely won. The destruction in Philadelphia last year is still fresh on my mind. That's why I'm not predicting a "blowout" of any kind.

The Steelers have not won in Chicago since 1995, a lost classic in Steelers history.

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Recipe for disaster. Bad team on the road in a place the Steelers have rarely won.

The Steelers have not won in Chicago since 1995, a lost classic in Steelers history.

Only one game since 1995 in Chicago too.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Only one game since 1995 in Chicago too.
    Not true, unfortunately. The Steelers played in Chicago in 2009...and lost. Had a lead in the final stretches, until the Defense collapsed down the stretch as per usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Not true. The Steelers played in Chicago in 2009...and lost.

I want to block out the 2009 season too, so I don't blame you for forgetting it too.

I know,I wanted to say since this game in 1995

BurghBoy412

This team should intercept Glennon a few times. If this team is truly a Championship team, they'll handle Chicago on the road. Championship teams win the games they are supposed to win. And they do it in dominating fashion.

BurghBoy412

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    This was looking to be one of the worst teams in the NFL going into the season. 1 close loss with the NFC Champion Falcons, and 1 blowout loss to a potential playoff team in the Bucs. I think the offense will continue to get their sealegs under them but still get a tougher game than the Bears lack of talent suggests. Shut down Jordan Howard and this is an automatic win. Even if Tuitt and Watt miss the game I have no doubt we'll be able to do just that. Haden and Burns did a fantastic job today against a good early season test of Diggs/Thielen. Deonte Thompson and Kendall Wright will be far easier for them to cover

30-20 Steelers
    They Better not give up 20 to the Bears.

The only time the steelers played against Glennon was in 2014 with Tampa Bay and he had 250 passing yards in the second half ....

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Sounds like another potential case where they play down to a bad team

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Historically, this has trap game written ALL over it...

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

We will see if we play up for this weaker team

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

One of the 2 teams that Tomlin has never beaten(The saints are the others).
    And, technically, Tomlin also never beat us, as he was never HC of another NFL team.

But we all know for a fact that Tomlin has inflicted losses on ourselves numerous times .

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I normally don't predict blowouts, but I feel that I'll see the Steelers trounce them 42-10.
    I'll go 31-9. I don't see Glennon doing anything but throwing 2 INT's and they don't want to throw Trubisky in the fray yet, because he couldn't lead a group of Boy scouts camping, but they don't want to admit that yet.

Senior Member Array title="Renegade has a spectacular aura about"> Renegade's Avatar

Despite all the trappings that appear to be laid for a Tomlin team, the last 2 games had trap on them as well and even though the wins were not pretty, the record sure is (2-0). The defense is playing well and every time the offense needs to make a play, they do. I will do my best Cowher impersonation and say Steelers 20-Bears 10. (I hope it isn't like that horrible time the bears came to Heinz in 2013 and really laid us out.)

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Big V has to get going. He has been less than stellar at LT so far. I hope it is not because he got his contract extension. Tomlin said that he was in rotation yesterday because he wasn't feeling good.

The offense is coming together, still not hitting on all cylinders. This is what the preseason is for, but none of the regulars really played together in the preseason.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Expecting the worse, hoping for the best.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Clearly, Tomlin is responsible for most of those losses since 1936.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I'll go 31-9. I don't see Glennon doing anything but throwing 2 INT's
    I agree about 28 by the offense. I threw in two pick-sixes by the defense.

This game could be close....

I mean, the game is in Chicago and in week 1, the Bears have almost won against the Falcons.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I agree about 28 by the offense. I threw in two pick-sixes by the defense.
    Ah, I didn't think that Mike Mitchell has the ability to take it to the house and I think Shazier or Gay gets the other one in the underneath zone. Honestly, I haven't seen the Bears yet, but when Tony Dungy is advocating for them to start playing Trubisky, Glennon must be playing really bad right now.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

TRAP GAME..

Leveon needs to get going sooner. Ben needs to stop overthrowing everyone. Get those things fixed then we come out with a W.

not predicting a blowout.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Team vs team, we should win this one going away. Is Soldier still grass? That could slow down our speed guys a bit, but I don't see us losing this one. Of course, I don't ever see us losing any .

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

I think we win this one in dominant fashion. I'll say 30-10. One thing I'm hoping to see is more of James Conner. I've been saying throughout preseason and yesterday during the game, let Conner play a couple series a game. Right now, if Conner comes in and rushes for 40 yards and gets a TD on a series it's going to light a much needed fire under Bell's ass. Not only will it motivate Bell, but it will also go a long way in keeping Bell healthy in the long run. I, in no way, shape, or form, think Conner could be a better RB than Bell, but I think he is a capable back, and it will benefit both backs if Conner can get some more touches.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Ah, I didn't think that Mike Mitchell has the ability to take it to the house and I think Shazier or Gay gets the other one in the underneath zone. Honestly, I haven't seen the Bears yet, but when Tony Dungy is advocating for them to start playing Trubisky, Glennon must be playing really bad right now.
    I'm thinking Gay for one of the pick sixes. He has the NFL record (or is tied for the record) for "most consecutive INTs returned for TDs in a row". I feel that they Bears will pass, pass, pass, pass in the fourth quarter, and Gay will bait the opposing QB.

The other pick six. Pffft... obvious:
    Javon Hargrave

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

These are the 2017 Bears, not the 1985 team. Steelers need to activate 3 RBs and pound the ball. I don't think it will be nationally televised and has boring written all over it. Don't think the O will improve much because they will not be tested and to this point have not done anymore than necessary to win.

Steelers 27
    Bears 17

- - - Updated - - -
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Yeah on the road let's hope the Steelers come to play remember they almost beat the ATL in week one!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

On the road against a bad Chicago team. Has all the makings...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler