Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Report: Timmons Leaves Dolphins, Status Unknown

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Report: Timmons Leaves Dolphins, Status Unknown

Something is still very strange about this whole thing.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...s-indefinitely

Though the suspension was labeled as "indefinite" by the team, Garafolo reported the max suspension the Dolphins can levy against Timmons is four weeks, per the collective bargaining agreement.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

If he gets released, do we want him back?

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...phins-awol-nfl

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    The Steelers could have resigned Timmons without breaking the bank - not tying to keep him was in line with the cuts of vets at the end of preseason

Do not know who would go if he came back for a vet minimum deal such as Harrison signed when he returned from Cincy, but my guess is absent an ILB injury Timmons would not be back

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    The Steelers could have resigned Timmons without breaking the bank - not tying to keep him was in line with the cuts of vets at the end of preseason

Do not know who would go if he came back for a vet minimum deal such as Harrison signed when he returned from Cincy, but my guess is absent an ILB injury Timmons would not be back
    Steven Johnson. He is competing with LJ Fort to break Brandon Brown Dukes or Al-Hajj Shabazz's waive/re-signed/waive/re-sign/waive/re-sign/waive record.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Steven Johnson. He is competing with LJ Fort to break Brandon Brown Dukes or Al-Hajj Shabazz's waive/re-signed/waive/re-sign/waive/re-sign/waive record.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I just read that Miami traded a draft pick to NO for Stephone Anthony. Looks like this will be more than a 4 game suspension.

I think the CBA only allows 4 game suspensions by the teams??? I am not sure but I keep reading that

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I think the CBA only allows 4 game suspensions by the teams??? I am not sure but I keep reading that

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I read that too. But I don't think a team gives up a draft pick and adds an ILB just because Timmons will miss 4 weeks. This move seems more like they don't expect him back. Otherwise, don't you pull from PS or go with the designated backup? The timing of this move is odd for the situation. Maybe it means nothing about Timmons.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I just read that Miami traded a draft pick to NO for Stephone Anthony. Looks like this will be more than a 4 game suspension.
    He may be inactive indefinitely (there is no contractual/CBA right to get on the field or dress for games) but will not get paid (aka get suspended) for a max of 4 games

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Wonder if they're just buying time to look for a fire sale trade deal, or work out some kind of agreement to cut their losses cap-wise.

At what price would we want him back if it cost us, say, a low-round pick or a salary more than the minimum?
    See you Space Cowboy ...

I'm not even considering bringing him back until I know more about what's going on with him.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    He may be inactive indefinitely (there is no contractual/CBA right to get on the field or dress for games) but will not get paid (aka get suspended) for a max of 4 games
    I was thinking about that and remembering the sit ups in the driveway w/Drew Rosenhaus and the media there for Mr. That's My Quarterback <sob> <sob>

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Wonder if they're just buying time to look for a fire sale trade deal, or work out some kind of agreement to cut their losses cap-wise.

At what price would we want him back if it cost us, say, a low-round pick or a salary more than the minimum?
    Miami is on the hook for his salary this year so vet min is all it takes if they part ways ..

I would trade a conditional 7th ... still to much of this doesn't make sense to me
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Anthony is an OLB so that move doesn't look like it's necessarily connected to Timmons. I think that the Dolphins are just having a bit of "buyer's regret" and are looking for a reason to dump his salary.

I'd still like to know what actually happened to make him take off though.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post
    [S]till to much of this doesn't make sense to me
    True, but this story on Aaron Hernandez relates to what has to be a concern with someone who has been banging heads in the NFL since 2007

Tests conducted on the brain of former football star Aaron Hernandez showed severe signs of the degenerative brain disease chronic traumatic encephalopathy.... Hernandez was 27 when he killed himself

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ced-stages-cte

Of course the only way to definitively test for CTE is to take tissue samples of the brain during an autopsy

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    Anthony is an OLB so that move doesn't look like it's necessarily connected to Timmons. I think that the Dolphins are just having a bit of "buyer's regret" and are looking for a reason to dump his salary.

I'd still like to know what actually happened to make him take off though.
    Sorry. I thought Anthony was an ILB.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

So much for that suspension. No wonder Timmons wants to come back to Pittsburgh. The Dolphins are cray cray.