Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colin Cowherd:Mike Tomlin actually hurting the Pittsburgh Steelers?

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Colin Cowherd:Mike Tomlin actually hurting the Pittsburgh Steelers?

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Re: Colin Cowherd:Mike Tomlin actually hurting the Pittsburgh Steelers?

Cowherd is looking for more attention and clicks with another hot take. Ignore him.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Please ignore this ass hat. Stop giving him a voice on here.

BurghBoy412

Not that I'm defending Cowturd because I think he's a bone head. However I think it's funny how Steeler Nation can trash Mike Tomlin but God forbid Cowturd does it. We protect our own.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

So for those keeping score at home Cowherd says Mike Tomlin is hurting the Steelers and the Steelers (aka Bell and Brown) have created a "NBA like" locker room full of egos?

Colin Cowherd has a well deserved reputation these hot takes fit and that reputation is not that he unfairly picks on the Steelers

Remember All Those Other Times Colin Cowherd Said Racist Shit On ESPN?

Colin blames Sean Taylor for being murdered, even though he admittedly had no idea what he was talking about

Colin questions John Wall’s character and intelligence because he did the Dougie, and says he’s not a leader

Colin thinks Roger Goodell is a good disciplinarian, and a father to black football players

Colin likes Oregon because of all the white people

Colin thinks baseball is simple because Dominicans play it

http://deadspin.com/remember-all-those-other-times-colin-cowherd-said-racis-1720163539

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Cowherd should just have the balls to come out and say it. But he is a spineless coward, so I'll translate for him.

The version where Cowherd wants to make an interesting debate:
    "Mike Tomlin has created one of the two or three franchises in the NFL whose locker room culture reflects the culture of the majority of the young men that the team employs. The Steelers team cultrue appears, from to an outsider, to be the most urban and black of the entire league. This is a reflection of the team's roster composition and the background of its head coach. In a league where sterility and the status quo rule; it is fascinating to watch the Steelers, and maybe the Seahawks, attempt to build a franchise culture in another direction."

But he doesn't want to do that. What he wants to do but is too much of a wimp to admit is about something like this:

"The black head coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers is allowing black players to dominate the locker room, the attitude of the team, and the reason they aren't consistently winning and doing as good as I think they should is that they have allowed black culture too become too dominant in their locker room and team. Look at the history of the league, white coaches and white QBs are where it is at."

It's the same brand of race-baiting nonsense that he uses when he talks about John Wall and whoever else he decides to hate in the NBA. He is a bigoted piece of garbage who is made even worse because he doesn't even have the courage to stick to his own prejudices in public.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Cowherd's obsessed with Tomlin

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

The almighty Cowturd speaks once again.

Colin Cowherd Says Mike Tomlin’s Culture Hurting Steelers On The Road

Open-ended question for you guys. Colin Cowherd says he thinks he knows why the Pittsburgh Steelers struggle on the road. And Mike Tomlin is to blame.

On his show on FS1 today, Cowherd delved into the topic.

“Mike Tomlin and Pete Carroll have created highly emotional cultures,” he said. “This is what they have chosen. The payoff is they’re virtually unbeatable at home. They’re not even close to the same teams on the road.”

The Steelers finished last year 5-3 on the road, including blowout losses to the Philadelphia Eagles and Miami Dolphins. They were 6-2 at home while the Seattle Seahawks had an even more noticeable split, posting a sub-500 record on the road.

Cowherd countered that “calm” coaches, like Jason Garrett in Dallas and Bill Belichick in New England, fare much better on the road. To be fair, Garrett and the Cowboys went 6-2 on the road, just one game better than Pittsburgh. And New England…well, they’re the outlier for everything.

“Pete Carroll and Tomlin have created emotional cultures,” Cowherd went on. “Therefore when the home crowd is plugged into those teams, they’re completely different football teams.”

read more

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/09...elers+Depot%29

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

I may not be the biggest Tomlin fan , but that isnt even deserving of my time ..

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Please ignore this ass hat. Stop giving him a voice on here.
    I agree. He doesn't deserve to be given attention here.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BurghBoy412 View Post
    Not that I'm defending Cowturd because I think he's a bone head. However I think it's funny how Steeler Nation can trash Mike Tomlin but God forbid Cowturd does it. We protect our own.
    Absolutely. We can call him an asshole, but God help anyone outside of Steelers Nation who does it.

BurghBoy412

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Cowherd's obsessed with Tomlin
    Cowturd = paid troll

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I think Cowherd is right. Some of you guys shoot down every message because you don't like the messenger. It may not be the total cause, but I think it plays some role.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

“Mike Tomlin and Pete Carroll have created highly emotional cultures,” he said. “This is what they have chosen. The payoff is they’re virtually unbeatable at home. They’re not even close to the same teams on the road.”
    Looking forward to Cowherd's critique of John Harbaugh

The Ravens and Seahawks consistently rank among the organizations that improve most dramatically at home. If we calculate this by sheer winning percentage as opposed to point differential, as an example, the Ravens have the largest home-field advantage in the league since 2007, winning 72.5 percent of their games at home but just 40 percent on the road.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...play-road-more

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Isnt this "Locker room of egos" rant 2 weeks old or something??

I have a headline...."Cowturd recycling his own 2 week old crap and dumb listeners tune in to smell it".

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Cowherd is a putz. Watching Dabo Swinney lay the smackdown on his candy ass after the Championship game was great.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Colin Cowherd Says Mike Tomlin’s Culture Hurting Steelers On The Road

Open-ended question for you guys. Colin Cowherd says he thinks he knows why the Pittsburgh Steelers struggle on the road. And Mike Tomlin is to blame.

On his show on FS1 today, Cowherd delved into the topic.

The Steelers finished last year 5-3 on the road, including blowout losses to the Philadelphia Eagles and Miami Dolphins. They were 6-2 at home while the Seattle Seahawks had an even more noticeable split, posting a sub-500 record on the road.

Cowherd countered that “calm” coaches, like Jason Garrett in Dallas and Bill Belichick in New England, fare much better on the road. To be fair, Garrett and the Cowboys went 6-2 on the road, just one game better than Pittsburgh. And New England…well, they’re the outlier for everything.

“Pete Carroll and Tomlin have created emotional cultures,” Cowherd went on. “Therefore when the home crowd is plugged into those teams, they’re completely different football teams.”

read more

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/09...elers+Depot%29

Jason Garrett's calm demeanor didn't seem to help him much before he had a dominant offensive line, Dak Prescott, and Ezekiel Elliot..........

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I think Cowherd is right. Some of you guys shoot down every message because you don't like the messenger.
    Or it could be that folks recognize a 3rd-rate hack and obvious clickbait when they see them...

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Isnt this "Locker room of egos" rant 2 weeks old or something??

I have a headline...."Cowturd recycling his own 2 week old crap and dumb listeners tune in to smell it".
    Actually, his "Tomlin is killing the Steelers" spiel is more like 8 months old...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Cowher used to be very good. He thought "outside of the box" and brought up thought-provoking topics.

Now... he's become nothing more than a clickbait shock jock.

I mean, really... if Tomlin was "calmer" would he have won last season's AFCCG? If Carroll wasn't so "emotional", would he have handed the ball off to Beastmode (and thus, won SuperBowl XLIX)???

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Looking forward to Cowherd's critique of John Harbaugh

The Ravens and Seahawks consistently rank among the organizations that improve most dramatically at home. If we calculate this by sheer winning percentage as opposed to point differential, as an example, the Ravens have the largest home-field advantage in the league since 2007, winning 72.5 percent of their games at home but just 40 percent on the road.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...play-road-more
    John Harbaugh has like 7 road wins in the playoffs, tied for the most in NFL history for a HC.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Or it could be that folks recognize a 3rd-rate hack and obvious clickbait when they see them...
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    Yeah but a racist elitist clock is racist all the time whether it is broken or not. And that's kinda the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    John Harbaugh has like 7 road wins in the playoffs, tied for the most in NFL history for a HC.
    Good point

Cowherd could spin that with no problem if he was making a serious argument rather than just throwing chum in the water to attract page hits with his bad road record = too much emotion coaching style argument

Cowherd - "It is like Tomlin's recurring habit of losing to at least one mediocre team a year - Harbaugh's regular season failure to match his playoff road record by underperforming from September through December costs his team home field advantage in the playoffs, which shows the Ravens are undisciplined"

My point was you can use data that Cowherd relies on to back into "proving" his argument to fit any contention

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Good point

Cowherd could spin that with no problem if he was making a serious argument rather than just throwing chum in the water to attract page hits with his bad road record = too much emotion coaching style argument

Cowherd - "It is like Tomlin's recurring habit of losing to at least one mediocre team a year - Harbaugh's regular season failure to match his playoff road record by underperforming from September through December costs his team home field advantage in the playoffs, which shows the Ravens are undisciplined"

My point was you can use data that Cowherd relies on to back into "proving" his argument to fit any contention
    That's his shtick. I like to call them Gumby statements.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

We have a lot of egos tjis year... this is going to be a tough year.

we sucked at home that one year and won on the road. Ben has a few seasons as a road warrior under his belt. So this doesnt concern me...

like I stated above we have huge egos in this year in the locker room. Got to get everyone focused

Well the reality is that we do play down on the road and Tonkin is an emotional guy. It's an easy 2+2. If someone else had said it, more credence would be given to it.

It's as good as every other explanation I've heard on why we play down to our competition.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

I love how he thinks Mike Tomlin is emotiinal in press conferences. I feel like he talks like a Judge.

Cowher... now that was an emotional man!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Well the reality is that we do play down on the road and Tonkin is an emotional guy. It's an easy 2+2. If someone else had said it, more credence would be given to it.

It's as good as every other explanation I've heard on why we play down to our competition.
    But, is it causality or correlation???

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I'm starting to think Cowherd is more obsessed with Tomlin than Ray Finkle was of Dan Marino.