Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Waiting For Bryant To Get Going

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Waiting For Bryant To Get Going

Last week, right before halftime, I was watching the scoreboard scroll at the bottom of the game :

6-0
    3-10
    6-6
    3-6
    et cetera

SUMMATION:
    I believe it was Cowher that said it takes the offense 4 regular season games to get up to speed; whereas, defenders simply have to "run into people" and "create havoc" (so, they are able to look better earlier).

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Last week, right before halftime, I was watching the scoreboard scroll at the bottom of the game :

6-0
    3-10
    6-6
    3-6
    et cetera

SUMMATION:
    I believe it was Cowher that said it takes the offense 4 regular season games to get up to speed; whereas, defenders simply have to "run into people" and "create havoc" (so, they are able to look better earlier).
    Pro football is broken - the scam for years has been season ticket holders being required to purchase tickets for the two home "preseason" (fka exhibition) games as part of the season ticket package - now those who purchase tickets for the first week of the regular season get to watch the equivalent of what used to be the last game of the preseason where the starters play significant minutes together for the first time in order to work out the rough spots in their game and operate as a cohesive unit

I am old enough to remember when the 70s Steelers annually would wrap up the exhibition season at Dallas with the starters playing into the third quarter - different times but that offense was ready to go in week one

Sad!
    Last edited by AtlantaDan; 09-14-2017 at 09:23 AM.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

The whole starting team with the exception of the O-Line didn't play together in the preseason. It's going to take time for these guys to get game legs. I see them losing this week, Minnesota's defense is much better than Cleveland and wouldn't be surprised by the loss. By Week 4, if they are playing this way, there may be something to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    The whole starting team with the exception of the O-Line didn't play together in the preseason. It's going to take time for these guys to get game legs. I see them losing this week, Minnesota's defense is much better than Cleveland and wouldn't be surprised by the loss. By Week 4, if they are playing this way, there may be something to worry about.
    Agreed about needing some time for offense to get it together

Week 4 @Ravens is shaping up as a major early season test

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Didn't the Ravens lose a draft pick once for having guys actually hit too early into the preseason. They had a full padded/contact practice before they were supposed to or something? Bad football happens when guys can't play full speed year 'round. Maybe a product of 'safer play', maybe just protecting assets. Either way, play on the field suffers.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

I come to this thread expecting some good weed references and instead I see bashing a rookie WR that hasn't done much yet (in one game where he is #4 on the depth chart). Major letdown.

Where is a good "Bongtavis Bryant" is a slow starter meme when you expect it?

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

OK, I'll do it.

Bryant is waiting for a late game. He normally gets going after 4:20.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Just insert the 'AfroMan' video.