Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 2 - Vikings

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Week 2 - Vikings

Just starting this thread now.

We get the Vikings on a short week for them, and we get to watch them today to see how they play week 1.

We got out of week 1 with a W and relatively injury free (all I was hoping for honestly).

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Week 2 - Vikings

The Vikings defense is legit.

Stefon Diggs is amazing.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Early in the season,the steelers will face a lot of good defense and several bad offense...The vikings game is not a exception.

The steelers offense need to be ready....

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Mike Zimmer is very familiar with this division also. Probably one of the more under-rated defensive guys in the NFL. The Steelers will have their hands full with that defense. Hopefully Bell can get back to himself a little more and break a few to keep that defense honest.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

I keep hearing about the killer B's now that Bryant is back.

Well its time they put up or shut up.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Glad you're here to whip the fellas into shape, coach.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    I keep hearing about the killer B's now that Bryant is back.

Well its time they put up or shut up.
    It might be a couple weeks before the Offense gets it together. They have not played together in a full game since 2014, and have not played together all training camp and preseason.

The B's thought they could just show up and everything will be fine, well they're wrong. If Gregg Williams gave them problems, the Ravens will eat them alive.

This season is pretty much riding on the success of the Defense. Its how the Steelers won their last two Super Bowls.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Last year the Vikings grew a lot. They will not be a push over. Heard their defense is great going to sting and they are calling Stephon Diggs Anotnio Brown Jr. Not to mention the wild card review on the rookie RB Cook who they we real excited to draft.

I really wouldn't classify this as a TRAP game, since the opponent is actually really good. But I could see the Steelers having a tough time with this team. Based off what I watched against the browns, the Steelers had this "Mehhh are players are so good and talented, someone will eventually make a play " mentality.

Granted here are some valid excuses:
    1. Bell hasnt had pads on since the AFCG
    2. Haden just got on the team last week, hasn't settled in the play book.
    2a. TJ Wilcox the ditto
    3. Martvis has not played for a year as well.

So there is a lot of RUST and new comers learning the game plan.

NO EXCUSES FOR:

PENALTIES!

If we could ever play a clean game week in and week out. We would be unstoppable

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Need another win..all the division foe's are playing somewhat winnable games......Brown's play Balt., Cincy play Houstion ( 5 player's with concussions).

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Everyones all over Stefon Diggs but how about Adam Thielen? Great at high pointing/adjusting to the ball and has that sneaky long-strider deep speed (see: Jordy Nelson). You can make a fair argument for both being some of the most underrated receivers in the league. Guarantee you if we get caught sleeping in the pass game, Thielen will be on the receiving end of several of the big plays.

Not about to underestimate this offense. Dalvin Cook was regarded by some draftniks as even better than Fournette, and Bradford did to his credit, set the record for highest completion percentage last season. Before anyone laughs at that record, lets have a moment of silence for all the times we lost via death by a thousand papercuts

I remember hearing the vikings O-line playing being pretty poor last season? If thats true it might be a good day for the pass rush again. Kizer held the ball too long at times, but honestly we pressured him well against a low-key talented O-line (Thomas, Bitonio, Zeitler)
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

The Vikings Offense is not very good, I would be surprised if they score at least 20 points against us, unless the Steelers offense has turnovers

Their o-line is very weak, which is the reason why their offense struggle often and last year their running game was historically bad.

I respect their defense, because Zimmer is a very good defensive coach and the talent is there

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

I think we matchup well against the Vikings offense. The Vikings defense, however, could cause us problems. If the O shows up as lackadaisical as last week we won't win this game. This one is on Haley and Ben to put a gameplan together and execute.

I predict a another ugly win!

The vikings offense is awesome right now, but I do not know if it's because of the atrocious saints defense or not.

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    The vikings offense is awesome right now, but I do not know if it's because of the atrocious saints defense or not.
    The Saints have consistently had one of the worst defenses in the league for the past five years. It's a little of both.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Vikings are going to bring it to us

- - - Updated - - -

Our CBs have their work cut out for them. And OLine

Vikes are on fire.

They could just walk into Heinz and scorch the Steelers next week.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

The bottom line with the Vikings is that they start Sam Bradford. He is even more a fan of the checkdown than Flacco or Tannehill or Alex Smith.

Plus if you hit him enough he breaks a bone.

The Saints are right now 0/4 in the red zone(4 FG)

BurghBoy412

Gonna be fun watching AB against one of the best secondaries in the league. My money is on AB.

The Saints have moved the ball but they're stalling out in the red zone. The Steelers had somewhat of a wake-up call week 1. I see the Steelers responding and putting Sam Bradford on his back 6 or 7 times. I'm pretty sure if you put the Saints front 7 on the Steelers they would all be back ups. Minnesota still has a bad O-line. Don't be deceived. The Steelers front 7 will dominate the Vikings.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    The bottom line with the Vikings is that they start Sam Bradford. He is even more a fan of the checkdown than Flacco or Tannehill or Alex Smith.

Right, somewhere between Batch & Lefty

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

I think a good measuring stick would be to look back at our offense's success against a Zimmer coached Bengals D. I would think that would at least give some idea as to what Big Been and co. can do next week.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

There goes Thielen again. This year is going to be his coming out party. The vikings are absolutely stacked at cornerback. Even AB will likely have some trouble against Rhodes, especially if Harrison Smith is bracketing him. The other receivers NEED to step up for us to come away with a win

Xavier Rhodes allowed a passer rating of 39.2 last season which I believe was tops in the league.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

BurghBoy412

We'll see how well Bradford does when he starts getting hit. I highly doubt anyone fairs that well running against the Steelers. Especially a rookie with a bad offensive line.

The Vikings have a good secondary but you can run on them. I can't see Bell having another bad game.

BurghBoy412

The Vikings start a rookie at Center.
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profil...ein?id=2557879

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Ben will be at home which is a good sign, plus they won't have an opportunity to play down to a bad team this time. However, if they commit holding penalties after every other first down again, they won't win

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

I think the coaches tape from last night will be available today, I plan on watching the Vikings defense a little more closely.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

He has checked down a lot in his career, but in his defense, he has played behind some historically bad offensive lines. You don't have time to look down the field when you get instant pressure on every play.

I think he's a good quarterback if you give him time. They essentially have a new offensive line. We'll see how things go for him as the year goes on.

I expect a very difficult test against that defense, and the Steelers D needs to play well. This is going to be a good measuring stick early in the year.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

It's going to be like SB IX.

Steelers 2-0.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

It's going to be a tough game the Vikings looked pretty good week one. The offense is going to have to play better this week.