Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Week 2 - Vikings

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Week 2 - Vikings

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Back from a fun weekend in Pittsburgh

Always good to get the win but the top highlights of the day for me were: (1) getting to say hello and thanks for everything to Joe Greene while I was waiting in line to get into Heinz and Joe was exiting the VIP parking lot on the west side of Heinz to go into the stadium; and (2) the pregame ceremony honoring Mr. Rooney, with Rocky Bleier and Mel Blount raising the DMR flag that flies to the left of the end zone scoreboard, and Ben being introduced last carrying a smaller version of the DMR flag, which he then off handed off to Deebo, who waved it to the north, south, east and west sections of Heinz Field - chills.

Link to video tribute that played on the scoreboard honoring Mr. Rooney

http://www.steelers.com/videos/video...b-e90e40398daa

My observations on the game are the same I assume most had - offense is still choppy and defense caught a big break getting Case Keenum rather than a healthy Sam Bradford, but there is a lot to build on (particularly Bryant stepping on the accelerator for the TD pass & run, the long pass interference gain, and the long completion).

Friendly people where we were sitting, most of whom had bought their tickets on secondary market rather than being season ticket holders. Crowd had its moments but was pretty flat after the Steelers scored the two TDs and then kept settling for field goals. We sat on the west side (Steelers bench side of field) in the shade but lots of empty seats in the second half on the east Vikings bench side of the field that was getting the hot afternoon sun along with the usual stands at least half empty for the second half kickoff/lot of third quarter as fans were in line at the restrooms or concessions.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Back from a fun weekend in Pittsburgh

Always good to get the win but the top highlights of the day for me were: (1) getting to say hello and thanks for everything to Joe Greene while I was waiting in line to get into Heinz and Joe was exiting the VIP parking lot on the west side of Heinz to go into the stadium; and (2) the pregame ceremony honoring Mr. Rooney, with Rocky Bleier and Mel Blount raising the DMR flag that flies to the left of the end zone scoreboard, and Ben being introduced last carrying a smaller version of the DMR flag, which he then off handed off to Deebo, who waved it to the north, south, east and west sections of Heinz Field - chills.

Link to video tribute that played on the scoreboard honoring Mr. Rooney

http://www.steelers.com/videos/video...b-e90e40398daa

My observations on the game are the same I assume most had - offense is still choppy and defense caught a big break getting Case Keenum rather than a healthy Sam Bradford, but there is a lot to build on (particularly Bryant stepping on the accelerator for the TD pass & run, the long pass interference gain, and the long completion).

Friendly people where we were sitting, most of whom had bought their tickets on secondary market rather than being season ticket holders. Crowd had its moments but was pretty flat after the Steelers scored the two TDs and then kept settling for field goals. We sat on the west side (Steelers bench side of field) in the shade but lots of empty seats in the second half on the east Vikings bench side of the field that was getting the hot afternoon sun along with the usual stands at least half empty for the second half kickoff/lot of third quarter as fans were in line at the restrooms or concessions.

Thanks for the summary Dan.

Getting to see the tribute to Mr. Rooney is going to be something you will always remember and treasure I'm sure. It was a very special moment honoring a very special man.