Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Week 2 - Vikings

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Week 2 - Vikings

This is the perfect game for used the man coverage a lot.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

My annual trip to Heinz this Sunday - so looking forward to it

Bought StubHub seats under cover of the upper deck in case it rained like last year for the Bengals game (fun fact - Steelers say row D and back in the east and west 200s gets you undercover but I learned last year when I was in row F that can still get you wet) - with forecast of partly cloudy and high in low 80s might appreciate the shade

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    My annual trip to Heinz this Sunday - so looking forward to it

Bought StubHub seats under cover of the upper deck in case it rained like last year for the Bengals game (fun fact - Steelers say row D and back in the east and west 200s gets you undercover but I learned last year when I was in row F that can still get you wet) - with forecast of partly cloudy and high in low 80s might appreciate the shade
    What is the Steelers' record when you are in attendance?

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Dan saw SB X in person, so that's at least 1-0.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

3 - 0 since I started going again several years ago (went to Three Rivers several times in 70s and 80s)

Beat Ravens on last second field goal in October 2013

Blowout win over Kaepernick and 49ers in week two 2015 season home opener

Sloppy win over Bengals in week two 2016 season home opener

All time wins when I was present were the Immaculate Reception at Three Rivers and SB X at the Orange Bowl

BurghBoy412

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    Bradford loves his short passes. I think our pass rush is going to be strong this season even with Dupree/Tuitt out for a bit, but this looks to be a game that requires aggressive man coverage to keep Thielen/Diggs at bay. I dont think were going to be able to get home much in this one earlier on unless Bradford pulls an Alex Smith and tries to bomb it downfield against his typical style.

I hope Burns gets Diggs and Haden gets Thielen more frequently. Better match up between athletic profiles
    I agree with you. If they are going to sack Bradford, coverage is gonna need to be STICKY. Pretty sure we'll be seeing a lot of press man on the outside. I also expect to see Hargrave facing a lot of double teams in the middle. I don't think a rookie Center will be able to block him without help. I'd expect to see some blitzes up the middle behind him. Some stunts as well.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BurghBoy412 View Post
    I agree with you. If they are going to sack Bradford, coverage is gonna need to be STICKY. Pretty sure we'll be seeing a lot of press man on the outside. I also expect to see Hargrave facing a lot of double teams in the middle. I don't think a rookie Center will be able to block him without help. I'd expect to see some blitzes up the middle behind him. Some stunts as well.
    I havent seen any team give him that kind of respect yet. Cant say im upset about it
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

BurghBoy412

I havent seen any team give him that kind of respect yet. Cant say im upset about it
    Hopefully he'll continue to push Centers into the QB. I'd think eventually he'll require a double

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Dan saw SB X in person, so that's at least 1-0.
    Great memory

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

3 - 0 since I started going again several years ago (went to Three Rivers several times in 70s and 80s)

Beat Ravens on last second field goal in October 2013

Blowout win over Kaepernick and 49ers in week two 2015 season home opener

Sloppy win over Bengals in week two 2016 season home opener

All time wins when I was present were the Immaculate Reception at Three Rivers and SB X at the Orange Bowl
    5-0

Hmmm... we need to start a GoFundMe account for you (to attend every Steelers game).

5-0

Hmmm... we need to start a GoFundMe account for you (to attend every Steelers game).
    A couple of losses mixed in there - first game I went to at Three Rivers in 1970 they got smoked by the defending Super Bowl champ Chiefs and my last game at Three Rivers they lost late to a young Elway & the Broncos during the David Woodley at QB era - younger Steelers fans have no idea how grim it got after Bradshaw under Coach Noll

But undefeated at Heinz

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post

I really wouldn't classify this as a TRAP game, since the opponent is actually really good. But I could see the Steelers having a tough time with this team. Based off what I watched against the browns, the Steelers had this "Mehhh are players are so good and talented, someone will eventually make a play " mentality.
    It looks like we saw the same thing, but interpreted it differently. I don't think it's a "someone will eventually make a play" mentality but rather, we're still playing as though there's eleven individuals on the field rather than one team.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

This will be a legit test.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Quote Originally Posted by BurghBoy412 View Post
    Welcome to Steeler Nation. Where we trash our coaches even if we win the game.
    So true, but so many time's the coaches need trashed ( or fired), because of stupid ass play calling. When we all see the running game isn't working, i.e., and continue to call it for 3 quarter's and end up winning with FG's when you could've won by TD's.....is that exceptable ? Not in my opinion, especially in professional football. I know you try to wear down the defense with the running game, but it shouldn't take a whole game to see it wasn't working. Ugly win's ( usually called lucky wins) are disgusting week after week.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Well I guess we could accept making an exception...

...I'll show myself out.

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post

I guess because Bryant had not played since the Denver playoff game (9 catches/154 yards) that AB missed after Burfict clobbered him, the Browns relied on tape of that game to focus on stopping Bryant and not bother worrying too much about whoever the guy is wearing #84.

I guess because Bryant had not played since the Denver playoff game (9 catches/154 yards) that AB missed after Burfict clobbered him, the Browns relied on tape of that game to focus on stopping Bryant and not bother worrying too much about whoever the guy is wearing #84.

It does not matter....The Browns have only allowed 14 points in shutdown everyone except Antonio Brown.It's like the Detroit Pistons that gave 40 points to Michael Jordan in 1988 to 1990 playoffs and they were able to shutdown the other players.

But if the opposing defenses do the same defensive formation against the steelers and Haley is unable to exploit that, we have a big problem.

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    It does not matter....The Browns have only allowed 14 points in shutdown everyone except Antonio Brown.It's like the Detroit Pistons that gave 40 points to Michael Jordan in 1988 to 1990 playoffs and they were able to shutdown the other players.

But if the opposing defenses do the same defensive formation against the steelers and Haley is unable to exploit that, we have a big problem.
    That will work fine as long as the game plan also includes having the other team's All Pro running back play with one week of practice and the opposing team committing 4 holding penalties along with another penalty for a peelback block to stop drives.

I agree with Tomlin that penalties were a major factor in Sunday's disappointing offensive performance

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/...ers-offense-vs

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Lowkey, you guys know what might be the biggest mismatch of the game?

Riley Reiff vs. TJ Watt

The Vikings overpaid to the heavens for a pretty mediocre tackle. He's averaged 46 pressures allowed per season in his career, and last season was apparently his worst. Pass blocking is his weak suit, more of a run game mauler. Typical Hawkeye alumni

This board is going to continue to explode over TJ Watt's performance in Week 2.

Bet.
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Lowkey, you guys know what might be the biggest mismatch of the game?

Riley Reiff vs. TJ Watt

The Vikings overpaid to the heavens for a pretty mediocre tackle. He's averaged 46 pressures allowed per season in his career, and last season was apparently his worst. Pass blocking is his weak suit, more of a run game mauler. Typical Hawkeye alumni

This board is going to continue to explode over TJ Watt's performance in Week 2.

Bet.
    ESPN agrees the Vikings O-line is not the reincarnation of the early through mid-90s Cowboys

The Offensive Line Calamity Index highlights NFL teams with the most riding on offensive lines that could be their undoing. In basic terms: otherwise good teams that could be broken by O-line play.

No team can match the Seahawks in that regard, but they have company. Several teams with legitimate or at least semi-legitimate postseason aspirations can point to their offensive lines as the one thing that might ruin everything....

5. Minnesota Vikings

Quarterback Sam Bradford couldn't thank his offensive line enough for helping him shred the New Orleans defense on Monday night. Bradford beamed and gushed as though the Vikings still had Gary Zimmerman and Randall McDaniel locking down the left side. They actually have Riley Reiff and Nick Easton, with Mike Remmers at right tackle. And they beat the Saints, whose defense is hoping to be better than the historically bad units New Orleans fielded in recent seasons.

"The thing about Minnesota is, they've got size and tough guys on their line," an evaluator said. "It doesn't have to be perfect, but all five have to play together. Teams win Super Bowls without the best five guys. It just remains to be seen whether this group will be good enough against a real defense."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-trouble-front

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Sam Bradford was limited in practice with a knee injury
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...a-knee-injury/

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Sam Bradford was limited in practice with a knee injury
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...a-knee-injury/

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

This will be a good test for the Steelers offense and the DBs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Vikings will be tough, especially on defense

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

Their offense is not good though. They played one of the worst defenses in the league at home.You know it is on the defense if it makes Sam Bradford look like an All-Pro.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar