Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 2 - Vikings

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Week 2 - Vikings

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I'm curious to see how we cover Rudolph while still containing Cook. May see a lot of 3 man rushes again this game.

On offense, we are going to have to get the pass game going to loosen up the box for Bell, I'm thinking. I expect Bryant to have his 'breakout' this game.

I predict that the vikings will force the steelers to throw to their TE, like the bengals (Mike Zimmer is a former DC of the bengals) always do against us.

Hopefully James and/or McDonalds will be ready.

BurghBoy412

The Steelers win by at least 2 TD's.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BurghBoy412 View Post
    The Steelers win by at least 2 TD's.
    I hope so. But will that be 42-28 or more like 21-7?

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Steelers first play on offense should be a DEEP ball to Bryant , complete or not it will give the Vikings something to think about the rest of the way and help open up things underneath and maybe Bell has a little room to operate

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post
    Steelers first play on offense should be a DEEP ball to Bryant , complete or not it will give the Vikings something to think about the rest of the way and help open up things underneath and maybe Bell has a little room to operate

The first play will be a screen again.....

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

If their going to keep Haden on the same side then we will see what he has left. Diggs tore up New Orleans last night mostly on that side. Of course Orleans secondary is crap but Diggs should be a good test for Haden.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I hope so. But will that be 42-28 or more like 21-7?

If the steelers win by 14 points, it will be a score like 27-13

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post
    I agree, but it needs to be deep enough that it's not picked. Sometimes Ben under throws Bryant.

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    If the steelers win by 14 points, it will be a score like 27-13
    I would accept 27 points. We only managed 14 against the Browns. If we can't get some offense rolling this week, we will lose this game. We are going to have to be able to put up some points.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Is this the SU gameday thread??? I am as guilty as anyone else

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

vikings play lots of man and have great corners with lots of depth to boot. i wonder how theyre going to use those corners
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

BurghBoy412

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    If their going to keep Haden on the same side then we will see what he has left. Diggs tore up New Orleans last night mostly on that side. Of course Orleans secondary is crap but Diggs should be a good test for Haden.
    I hope fans will start understand that Joe Haden wasn't brought in with the intention to build a defense around him. It's about pressuring the QB. Getting him off his spot, forcing hurried throws, and getting sacks. Haden will be good if the pass rush is consistent. Most any NFL QB will carve up a team if he has time to set up shop, survey the field, and deliver an accurate pass. I don't care if you have Rod Woodson and Deion Sander starting at your CB spots. If you give a QB enough time his receivers will create enough space on the most elite CB's in the game. You don't ask your CB's to cover for 10 seconds on each play and expect them to have a guy locked down.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Yehh steelers need to ramp it up quickly

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Is this the SU gameday thread??? I am as guilty as anyone else

It was on Twitter!

BurghBoy412

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    vikings play lots of man and have great corners with lots of depth to boot. i wonder how theyre going to use those corners
    I don't care how good their CB's are, if Ben has time he'll carve them up.

I don't care how good their CB's are, if Ben has time he'll carve them up.
    unless Haley call too many screen again.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

I hope fans will start understand that Joe Haden wasn't brought in with the intention to build a defense around him. It's about pressuring the QB. Getting him off his spot, forcing hurried throws, and getting sacks. Haden will be good if the pass rush is consistent. Most any NFL QB will carve up a team if he has time to set up shop, survey the field, and deliver an accurate pass. I don't care if you have Rod Woodson and Deion Sander starting at your CB spots. If you give a QB enough time his receivers will create enough space on the most elite CB's in the game. You don't ask your CB's to cover for 10 seconds on each play and expect them to have a guy locked down.
    Agreed Haden was brought in to be a upgrade over what we had at CB. Fans shouldn't expect him to be the all pro he once was. Again this should be a great test for him this week though.

BurghBoy412

unless Haley call too many screen again.
    Or Ben audibles too many screen

Or Ben audibles too many screen

I'm sure it's on Haley.I mean, how many screen the steelers have done in the preseason this year?....Many and Roethlisberger played only 2 drive in the preseason.

Sometimes you have to trust your o-line instead of being afraid of the pass rush of the other team!

BurghBoy412

I'm sure it's on Haley.I mean, how many screen the steelers have done in the preseason this year?....Many and Roethlisberger played only 2 drive in the preseason.

Sometimes you have to trust your o-line instead of being afraid of the pass rush of the other team!
    I don't know why it matters who it's on. They won the game.

BurghBoy412

Welcome to Steeler Nation. Where we trash our coaches even if we win the game.

Welcome to Steeler Nation. Where we trash our coaches even if we win the game.
    I am sorry,but the game of Haley vs Browns was his worst since 2014 against the Jets when Ben started the game 9-11 for 24 yards!

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

The first play will be a screen again.....
    Out of an empty backfield for no gain with JuJu picking up another holding penalty

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Out of an empty backfield for no gain with JuJu picking up another holding penalty
    I hate also the empty backfield, since this is always a quick pass

BurghBoy412

I am sorry,but the game of Haley vs Browns was his worst since 2014 against the Jets when Ben started the game 9-11 for 24 yards!
    That game is over now. On to Minnesota.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Bradford loves his short passes. I think our pass rush is going to be strong this season even with Dupree/Tuitt out for a bit, but this looks to be a game that requires aggressive man coverage to keep Thielen/Diggs at bay. I dont think were going to be able to get home much in this one earlier on unless Bradford pulls an Alex Smith and tries to bomb it downfield against his typical style.

I hope Burns gets Diggs and Haden gets Thielen more frequently. Better match up between athletic profiles
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    The Vikings defense is legit.

Stefon Diggs is amazing.

He is going to be tough to handle.

It will be interesting to see if Tomlin and Butler decide to have one corner shadow him from side to side, something they said they weren't planning to do.

If I had to guess, I'd say it would be Artie.