Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Le'Veon Bell wastes no time squabbling with fans after game

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: Le'Veon Bell wastes no time squabbling with fans after game

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post
    talking about the AFCG Pats game.

yes i know he got "injured"
    You think he was faking that - Tomlin ran the wheels off him from November on

He may be injury prone but what is with "injured"?

And care to elaborate on how the Ravens figured him out last Christmas?

I get how Bell gets on fans last nerve but you take the costs with the benefits of having him on the team - Steelers offer indicates they think he is worth the hassles

If Steelers fans forgave Roethlisberger for his far more serious screwups (Bell never risked his career by tooling around on a motorcycle without a helmet or being under criminal investigation for felony sexual assault, for which fans would want to give Bell the electric chair) they will forgive Bell if he produces

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    You think he was faking that - Tomlin ran the wheels off him from November on

He may be injury prone but what is with "injured"?

And care to elaborate on how the Ravens figured him out last Christmas?

I get how Bell gets on fans last nerve but you take the costs with the benefits of having him on the team - Steelers offer indicates they think he is worth the hassles

If Steelers fans forgave Roethlisberger for his far more serious screwups (Bell never risked his career by tooling around on a motorcycle without a helmet or being under criminal investigation for felony sexual assault, for which fans would want to give Bell the electric chair) they will forgive Bell if he produces
    Yea, I'm interested in hearing a response to this also.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Steelers Nation has found its newest scapegoat and his name is Le'Veon Bell...
    And he set himself up perfectly for that role.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Bell did not earn his $750k paycheck. He should have signed the earlier contract and reported to camp on time. He would have made more money and played better than he did yesterday.
    All Defense!

BurghBoy412

I listened to an interview today with Ravens safety Tony Jefferson. He was talking about putting staying off twitter during the season and picking up the playbook instead. He also stated that the Ravens goal on the Defensive side of the ball is to set the record for turnover differential in a season +28.

Maybe Bell should take a look at the devotion some other players have to their craft? What do you all think?

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by BurghBoy412 View Post
    I listened to an interview today with Ravens safety Tony Jefferson. He was talking about putting staying off twitter during the season and picking up the playbook instead. He also stated that the Ravens goal on the Defensive side of the ball is to set the record for turnover differential in a season +28.

Maybe Bell should take a look at the devotion some other players have to their craft? What do you all think?
    The record is +43 by the 1983 Redskins.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Bell did not earn his $750k paycheck.
    Haley did not earn his paycheck either and he was at St. Vincent's in July

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

That goes double for Haley. Looked like another case of not executing because most players were unprepared. If Bell was not ready we should have seen more Connor and Watson.

What happened to hurry up offense too? If Haley can't keep from digging holes at least let Ben call more plays.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

This stuff happens early in the season because of the lack of play by the frontline players in preseason. If this is still going on with the offense week 4 or 5, there's a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    This stuff happens early in the season because of the lack of play by the frontline players in preseason. If this is still going on with the offense week 4 or 5, there's a problem.
    DeAngelo Williams knows what happened (which Bell retweeted)

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

DeAngelo Williams knows what happened (which Bell retweeted)

The Curse of Bruce Arians strikes again!

BurghBoy412

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    The record is +43 by the 1983 Redskins.
    Not not what they said on the Jim Rome show interview. But thanks for the correction.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    This !!!

I don't entirely understand all the Haley blame so far. Was Bell practicing for the past month? Did Martavis Bryant look like he had smoked weed before the game Sunday? Do the Browns have a good amount of talent on defense that controlled the line of scrimmage? The only guy that really balled out to expectation IMO was AB, so I don't know how players not playing well is the OC's fault. If Bell, Bryant, Ben and the O line can all have better performances, then it should be another 10-14 points and we will see in the upcoming weeks.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I'm ready to call an end to the constant Bell bashing. I know he makes it easy with his antics. But now the season has started, he's dressed and playing, let's all become one team here and move onward.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    This !!!

I don't entirely understand all the Haley blame so far. Was Bell practicing for the past month? Did Martavis Bryant look like he had smoked weed before the game Sunday? Do the Browns have a good amount of talent on defense that controlled the line of scrimmage? The only guy that really balled out to expectation IMO was AB, so I don't know how players not playing well is the OC's fault. If Bell, Bryant, Ben and the O line can all have better performances, then it should be another 10-14 points and we will see in the upcoming weeks.
    Also, don't forget the more than half a football field worth of penalties that the O committed. Not sure I've ever heard of the one that was called on Bell. Most came on plays where we got decent yardage that was called back.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

According to Pro Football Focus, Bell averaged 3.2 yards after contact against the Browns on his 10 total carries and that average was fifth-best for Week 1 when compared to the 34 other running backs who had 10 more carries.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

If he puts up a <50 game Sunday, the critics are going to triple.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    If he puts up a <50 game Sunday, the critics are going to triple.
    I'm sure that the critics will continue to cry all season.

He's going up against one of the best defenses in the NFL this weekend. I don't expect him to have a big game. Yes, he should be able to get more than 50 yards rushing but that depends on more than just him. The OL needs to play better and the play calling needs to be better. The offense as a whole just needs to play better.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    So we gave stupid a meagphone with social media. Now we all want to stand back and wring our hands when stupid picks it up and uses it to declare their stupidity loudly.

Everyone is so quick to turn on guys like Bell and brand them as degenerates or whatever. Bell does numerous charitable works each year. Sure he got caught smoking weed and that has just mind-numbingly stupid. His second "offense" caused the NFL to essentially admit that they were being dicks.

Look, Bell is young, brash, arrogant, and really really good. He's also 25 and demonstrates the maturity of most cocksure 25 year olds. Shocking.

Wanna see a real dirtball, look into Zeke Elliot. Or ODB. Or basically any one of the NFL players who continually commits actual crimes, beats on weaker individuals, and generally treats the people around them like shit.

Or you all could keep blaming this kid for everything. I mean he probably was the single biggest reason that Obama got elected - both times!
    Perfectly summed up

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler