Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Le'Veon Bell wastes no time squabbling with fans after game

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Le'Veon Bell wastes no time squabbling with fans after game

It didn’t take long for Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell to get on social media after the team’s 21-18 win over the Cleveland Browns. He probably gets hundreds of messages a day on social media that go to the wayside without a response. But if you call him out for missing camp you will get yourself a reply. Bell chose to engage a couple of fans after the game who questioned his numbers and him missing all of training camp with a holdout.

read more

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/201...ns-after-game/

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Re: Le'Veon Bell wastes no time squabbling with fans after game

What was up with Le’Veon Bell?

By: Curt Popejoy
    Mandatory Credit: Scott R. Galvin-USA TODAY Sports

Bell finished the game with 32 rushing yards on only 10 carries. The offensive line did him no favors but beyond the rust, we might be seeing his schtick wearing thin with opposing defenses. His trademark patient style doesn’t work when defenses attack gaps and the Browns were very successful with that. His best runs of the day happened when he attacked the line of scrimmage and engaged the linebackers on the second level.

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/201...-the-browns/3/

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

i was saying this last year... his patience routine was figured out by the Pats and Ravens...

sometimes ypu got to hit the damn whole and get a tough 5 or 6 yards

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

From Bellcow to Lolcow.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Colbert was right when he said that Bell will be behind.....

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Colbert was right when he said that Bell will be behind.....
    He was indeed!

BurghBoy412

Not sure how I feel about so called fans talking smack. Part of me agrees with them but part of me wishes they would STFU. It's one game and they won. Whaa whaa whaa!!

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post
    i was saying this last year... his patience routine was figured out by the Pats and Ravens
    Pats games involved Landry Jones at QB in October and Bell injured in January

Bell's rushing totals 12/25/16 v. Ravens

20 carries - 122 yards - 1 TD rushing and 1 TD on pass reception

http://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400874583

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

What purpose does this serve him? What is it that he hopes to gain from this? If he wants attention then keep doing what you are doing, but if you want people to stop criticizing you, shut up and produce on the field

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BurghBoy412 View Post
    Not sure how I feel about so called fans talking smack. Part of me agrees with them but part of me wishes they would STFU. It's one game and they won. Whaa whaa whaa!!
    Steelers Nation has found its newest scapegoat and his name is Le'Veon Bell...

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

I wonder if the Steelers might have paid him 17 mil if he was an antisocial mute.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Truth
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

He needs to stfu and just play, hes getting (already was) to be a distraction. May be his last year here

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

I don't think many in Steeler Nation set out to make Bell a scapegoat this season.

Any heat directed his way is justified. You miss camp and the entire preseason, you invite the criticism.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    I don't think many in Steeler Nation set out to make Bell a scapegoat this season.

Any heat directed his way is justified. You miss camp and the entire preseason, you invite the criticism.
    I guess we'll agree to disagree, then. This fanbase is lightning quick about turning on players in my experience.

The offensive line did him no favors but beyond the rust, we might be seeing his schtick wearing thin with opposing defenses. His trademark patient style doesn’t work when defenses attack gaps and the Browns were very successful with that.
    This is an absolute crock. How many times have we ALL watched Bell turn what should be negative yardage into a 6+ yard carry by being patient and not just trying to hit a hole that isn't there and running up the backs of his own blockers and falling down behind the LOS, a la Mendenhall?

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

I guess we'll agree to disagree, then. This fanbase is lightning quick about turning on players in my experience.
    It happens in may fanbases. It just finds a player quicker when fans perceive any degree of selfishness.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

This fanbase is lightning quick about turning on players in my experience.
    Imagine social media when these guys held out:

Hines Ward
    Jack Lambert
    Franco Harris
    Rod Woodson

All these guys held out at one point.

Senior Member Array title="Neversatisfied has a spectacular aura about">

Its a very sad situation, Bell makes it very hard to like him as a person. On one hand youve got a guy that is very productive on the field and can be a game changer. On the other youve got a peson that has been suspended more than once, have proven to be very selfish and is the complete opposite of humble. It seems easier to route for Bell to fail so dumping him in the offseason is best for the team but as Fans we want him to succeed for the benifit of the team. He's an asshole but a very talented one.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    It happens in may fanbases. It just finds a player quicker when fans perceive any degree of selfishness.

However, to its credit, the Nation is also pretty forgiving. AB's Facebook Live antics seem to be a million years in the past after his overall performance and the insane grabs he made today.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Imagine social media when these guys held out:

Hines Ward
    Jack Lambert
    Franco Harris
    Rod Woodson

All these guys held out at one point.
    Yep, but players who were underpaid, were team players, led by example and players who played the entired season. They are also players who weren't suspended for drug use. The list goes on and on. I wanted Bell gone after the first joint.

Bell strikes me as a person who will set it on cruise control when he gets paid.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

However, to its credit, the Nation is also pretty forgiving. AB's Facebook Live antics seem to be a million years in the past after his overall performance and the insane grabs he made today.
    An anslogy:
    I get annoyed when my three-year-old writes on the wall... but, I sort of expect it: he's three.

I get annoyed when these millennials act a fool on social media... but, I sort of expect it: they're millennials.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    An anslogy:
    I get annoyed when my three-year-old writes on the wall... but, I sort of expect it: he's three.

I get annoyed when these millennials act a fool on social media... but, I sort of expect it: they're millennials.
    Great analogy!......or should I say anslogy.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    Yep, but players who were underpaid, were team players, led by example and players who played the entired season. They are also players who weren't suspended for drug use. The list goes on and on. I wanted Bell gone after the first joint.

Bell strikes me as a person who will set it on cruise control when he gets paid.
    Not my point. I am pointing out the idiot "fans" on social media who turn on players in an instant. Most of these fans are bandwagon fans who have nothing better to do than troll.

I'm not excusing Bell's antics. He's wasting his time with these trolls as far as I'm concerned.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Yeah, I bet he is hoping that Robert Golden gets some playing time so he can replace Bell as the Scapegoat.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

So we gave stupid a meagphone with social media. Now we all want to stand back and wring our hands when stupid picks it up and uses it to declare their stupidity loudly.

Everyone is so quick to turn on guys like Bell and brand them as degenerates or whatever. Bell does numerous charitable works each year. Sure he got caught smoking weed and that has just mind-numbingly stupid. His second "offense" caused the NFL to essentially admit that they were being dicks.

Look, Bell is young, brash, arrogant, and really really good. He's also 25 and demonstrates the maturity of most cocksure 25 year olds. Shocking.

Wanna see a real dirtball, look into Zeke Elliot. Or ODB. Or basically any one of the NFL players who continually commits actual crimes, beats on weaker individuals, and generally treats the people around them like shit.

Or you all could keep blaming this kid for everything. I mean he probably was the single biggest reason that Obama got elected - both times!

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Bell sure does have a lot of time to spend on Twitter, but none to show up for training camp. Nope, don't feel bad for him. I show up for work every damn day whether I get a pay increase or not, and I'm sure as hell not making as much money as he is, so he can suck it.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

I am glad Bell turned down the Steelers offer. Hopefully the Steelers will shrink their next offer by at least 40%, if there is a next offer.
    Hater = Realist

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    So we gave stupid a meagphone with social media. Now we all want to stand back and wring our hands when stupid picks it up and uses it to declare their stupidity loudly.

Everyone is so quick to turn on guys like Bell and brand them as degenerates or whatever. Bell does numerous charitable works each year. Sure he got caught smoking weed and that has just mind-numbingly stupid. His second "offense" caused the NFL to essentially admit that they were being dicks.

Look, Bell is young, brash, arrogant, and really really good. He's also 25 and demonstrates the maturity of most cocksure 25 year olds. Shocking.

Wanna see a real dirtball, look into Zeke Elliot. Or ODB. Or basically any one of the NFL players who continually commits actual crimes, beats on weaker individuals, and generally treats the people around them like shit.

Or you all could keep blaming this kid for everything. I mean he probably was the single biggest reason that Obama got elected - both times!

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Pats games involved Landry Jones at QB in October and Bell injured in January

Bell's rushing totals 12/25/16 v. Ravens

20 carries - 122 yards - 1 TD rushing and 1 TD on pass reception

http://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400874583

talking about the AFCG Pats game.

yes i know he got "injured"