Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: T.J. Shows Steelers Watt He Can Do In 2-Sack, 1-INT Debut

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: T.J. Shows Steelers Watt He Can Do In 2-Sack, 1-INT Debut

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    More trolling. Are you getting back into your Steelers Fever form? Maybe you can get the clique of trolls back that infected that site.

You seem to think trolling is having a differing opinion on football. Here is what I tell all of the people who obsesses, whine and fret over my meaningless posts; just block me and you won't get all worked up.
    Speaking of getting back into form, I know what comes next: you will run crying to the mods saying that I have formed some "clique" that is harassing you.

Strangely enough, I seem to have found a new "clique" over here at Steelers Universe. Weird how that works out.

Maybe... just maybe, that is because the "clique" that you speak of is everyone else on the site/forum except for you. I have a feeling you receive this same type reaction no matter what site/forum you visit.

Oh, and you can go ahead and put all of the "clique" members on ignore... all 500+ of us.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    absolutely
    Welcome to the hater club ��
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    I honestly want to thank the Cowboys and Packers(two teams I thought for sure would take him) for passing up Watt.
    Indeed.
    I was looking on Twitter, and Cowboy fans were upset about taking Taco Charlton (over Watt).

QUESTION:
    Carl Lawson had the highest-rating for all pass-rushers (PFF... so, take that with a grain of salt). Something like 25, and the next highest guy was in the high teens. I think that Watt can do many, many more things... but, I see Lawson as a better pass-rusher.

Gun to your head: Watt or Lawson???

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

I'll take the play maker over the pure pass rusher.
    All Defense!

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    I'll take the play maker over the pure pass rusher.
    Yep.

It's like a discussion I had a few years ago with a fan of another team who thought that Troy wasn't very good, because of Troy's "lack of tackles". I asked the person if they'd ever watched Troy play.... because, Troy was a splash play waiting to happen. And, I get that same vibe form Watt.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Not directed at me, and I don't know a lot about Lawson, but I'd say no. Why? Because even though I'm still concerned about element of Watt's game, he's shown the tenacity to fix whatever needs to be fixed even in the short amount of time he's been with the Steelers. I've seen marked improvement in the areas I was down on him. With that said, and if he still continues to improve, the sky is the limit for this kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Not directed at me, and I don't know a lot about Lawson, but I'd say no. Why? Because even though I'm still concerned about element of Watt's game, he's shown the tenacity to fix whatever needs to be fixed even in the short amount of time he's been with the Steelers. I've seen marked improvement in the areas I was down on him. With that said, and if he still continues to improve, the sky is the limit for this kid.
    BOLDED: That is probably the biggest asset that he has (besides, you know, freakish athleticism).

Speaking of getting back into form, I know what comes next: you will run crying to the mods saying that I have formed some "clique" that is harassing you.

Strangely enough, I seem to have found a new "clique" over here at Steelers Universe. Weird how that works out.

Maybe... just maybe, that is because the "clique" that you speak of is everyone else on the site/forum except for you. I have a feeling you receive this same type reaction no matter what site/forum you visit.

Oh, and you can go ahead and put all of the "clique" members on ignore... all 500+ of us.
    Actually, the mods during that time were part of the trolling clique. I don't need to ignore you. You don't affect me. You see, your gut gets twisted up inside when someone doesn't agree with your happy go lucky views and sophomoric antics. The best part of that dying forum was pointing out the clique's hypocrisy.

Many people from SF messaged me about you and the gang of trolls harrassing people on that site. It's why many decided not to return to it. It was either agree with SJWs or be verbally assaulted. Nearly every thread was polluted with brainless memes. It's fine, I realize that's how you cope with being on the Net. Perhaps you are unable able to co-exist in the real world due to people not agreeing with you. For your own sake you really need to come to terms with the fact that not everyone is going to agree with you...and that's ok : )

You have been obsessing over me since the SF days. It's time to move on. Take your wife out to dinner or something. Enjoy life. It's better than searching out posts to whine about. Right?
    Hater = Realist

your gut gets twisted up inside when someone doesn't agree with your happy go lucky views and sophomoric antics.
    polamalubeast and I have had disagreements. Yet, he & I get along admirably.

steelreserve and I don't agree on much of anything. Yet, I enjoy every one of his posts.

Secondaryconcerns and I have had many (many) debates. Yet, no ill feelings.

et cetera

Yet, I ask you one question, and you get butthurt. Now... who is the whiner, again???

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

So we have two types of posts.

#1 - I have this opinion because of the following reasons x, y, and z. These reasons are based on observations/data A, B, and C.

#2 - I have a contrary opinion. I do not reveal what I have used to form this opinion. Anyone who disagrees with this opinion or presses me for details is a whiny snowflake out for social justice. Or something.

All I'm saying is that one post type drives conversation and hopefully a relatively pleasant back and forth discussion of the topic. The other is the message board equivalent of rolling a turd into the middle of the room and then yelling at anyone who asks why the turd is on the living room carpet.

I'm just as guilty or even more so than anyone else on here of shouting down people who disagree with me. I try to avoid it, but hey, its the internet its gonna happen. But what I do try and do is lay out why I came to a particular opinion that I then loudly inflict on everyone else. But just stating a fairly different opinion than most and then not discussing it really isn't conversation.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Indeed.
    I was looking on Twitter, and Cowboy fans were upset about taking Taco Charlton (over Watt).

QUESTION:
    Carl Lawson had the highest-rating for all pass-rushers (PFF... so, take that with a grain of salt). Something like 25, and the next highest guy was in the high teens. I think that Watt can do many, many more things... but, I see Lawson as a better pass-rusher.

During the draft process I wanted Lawson because I felt like he would produce day 1, I didn't think Watt would play as well as he is doing(reason why I'm hyped about Watt).

So with that I'll easily go with Watt since he still has a lot of room to grow as a pass rusher. Watt also has the talents to make plays in coverage as seen against the Browns. Upside+versatile=potential future star
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    During the draft process I wanted Lawson because I felt like he would produce day 1, I didn't think Watt would play as well as he is doing(reason why I'm hyped about Watt).

So with that I'll easily go with Watt since he still has a lot of room to grow as a pass rusher. Watt also has the talents to make plays in coverage as seen against the Browns. Upside+versatile=potential future star
    They looked heavily at Watt, Lawson, and Rivers. They had dinner with Watt; Tomlin told Lawson he wanted him to sack quarterbacks for the Steelers; and, they met with Rivers four separate times. It was pretty obvious that the Steelers were going to get one of them, and none would have been a surprise.

And, I agree: they got the guy who can (eventually) do the most.

Once they drafted Watt, I knew that they wouldn't double-dip. But, watching Lawson and Rivers both drop into R3 and seeing both flourish this far, I'm wondering if a double-dip might not have been a bad idea...

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

They looked heavily at Watt, Lawson, and Rivers. They had dinner with Watt; Tomlin told Lawson he wanted him to sack quarterbacks for the Steelers; and, they met with Rivers four separate times. It was pretty obvious that the Steelers were going to get one of them, and none would have been a surprise.

And, I agree: they got the guy who can (eventually) do the most.

Once they drafted Watt, I knew that they wouldn't double-dip. But, watching Lawson and Rivers both drop into R3 and seeing both flourish this far, I'm wondering if a double-dip might not have been a bad idea...
    I'm pretty happy how the draft went, so no complaints. Just wish Keion Adams stayed healthy. He was impressing before he got hurt. He is also a great athlete with good length and has natural bend to come off the edge. I believe he could make the 53 next year with Harrison possibly retiring and Moats being a FA.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

I don't like the idea of naming a player a starter immediately after drafting him.

You're a hater. It's a great idea to start players without having to see them play first. Why are you comparing him to Jarvis Jones?

I wasn't exactly. Jones could have been any player. If Watt struggles for 8 games should the Steelers keep him as the starter?

Yes. It doesn't matter how he plays. Just give him time.

Couldn't that cost the Steelers games? I have no problem with them starting Watt, if he can perform. I want the best and most effective players on the field. I won't write him off after one game, even if it is very bad. Just as I won't say he will be a star if he has a great game.

No, Hitler. The coaches always know what they are doing and are never wrong.

Explain Kordell.

He was a great QB. The coaches were right again by keeping him the starter for 5 years.

In my opinion, Kordell cost the Steelers a SB trip or two.

No Stalin, Kordell was the only reason the Steelers were good. Why are you comparing Kordell to Jarvis Jones?
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

I don't like the idea of naming a player a starter immediately after drafting him.

You're a hater. It's a great idea to start players without having to see them play first. Why are you comparing him to Jarvis Jones?

Craic did not like the Watt pick in April, but nobody said Craic was a hater!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I will still be reminding people of my: "***The OFFICIAL Draft TJ Watt thread***" that I started on March 8th, 2017 when TJ is inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2035.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I seem to remember a safety that had a very unimpressive rookie campaign. The coaches let him continue to play though. I believe that young safety will one day make a great addition to the HoF. I also witnessed an OLB that was drafted 1st round. He never became much of a pass rusher, but he kept himself on the field with run stops and pass cover abilities. He ended up getting let go and is currently not even in the league any longer.

Point being, some start fast and fade, some start fast and become dominant. Some have a slower start but end up in the hall. Some never reach potential. But what they ALL have in common is struggle. They will all struggle at times. And you cannot just pull a player for struggling.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Jarvis Jones is somewhere at a Subway right now enjoying a free sub reading this post and laughing that he still earns a paycheck.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Jarvis Jones is somewhere at a Subway right now enjoying a free sub reading this post and laughing that he still earns a paycheck.
    Maybe LeVeon can get him a job at DQ.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Maybe LeVeon can get him a job at DQ.
    Lol yep free subs and free Blizzard's he may just put on the weight he couldn't here.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Somewhere there is a post that "Its time to shut up about Jarvis Jones".

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    What about Mendy ?

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

We tried that with Arians but that didn't work.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    We tried that with Arians but that didn't work.
    We should start a Fire the next 5 LB'ers because of Jarvis Jones thread.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

What about Mendy ?

Wasn't there a post recently about Mendy showing off his martial arts skills by flailing at a tetherball or something?

Oh the humanity!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

T.J. Shows Steelers Watt He Can Do In 2-Sack, 1-INT Debut

EA and Madden Mobile may want to reevaluate:

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Most epic thread ever.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    EA and Madden Mobile may want to reevaluate:

I don't play video games. What does that mean?