Thread: Patriots-Chiefs rating was the lowest for an opener since 2009

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Patriots-Chiefs rating was the lowest for an opener since 2009

NFL Ratings Problem Is Not Getting Better

The best of the Internet, plus musings by SI.com writer, Jimmy Traina. Get the link to a new Traina's Thoughts each day by following on Twitter and liking on Facebook. Catch up on previous editions of Traina Thoughts. And check Jimmy Traina's weekly podcast, "Off The Board," on iTunes, SoundCloud and Stitcher.

1. If last night is any indication, NFL ratings are going to be a big story again in 2017. The Presidential election took a big chunk of viewers last year, with the league's ratings down 14 percent pre-election on Nov. 8 and just one percent post-election. However, the rating for last night's Chiefs-Patriots game was down considerably from past season openers.

read more

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/201...atings-problem

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Patriots-Chiefs rating was the lowest for an opener since 2009

Obviously it has to do with SteelerNation watching.

No excuse this year for the low ratings!

Goodell finally has what he deserves!

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

I wonder if some people who might have otherwise watched the football game, did not, because they already knew the Patriots were going undefeated and winning the Superbowl again.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

The Chiefs aren't a big TV draw and I think that a lot of people probably just assumed that the Pats would win and they didn't want to see that.

I almost threw up having to watch that crap by Marky Mark at the beginning of the game telling everyone how great the Patriots are.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    The Chiefs aren't a big TV draw and I think that a lot of people probably just assumed that the Pats would win and they didn't want to see that.

I almost threw up having to watch that crap by Marky Mark at the beginning of the game telling everyone how great the Patriots are.
    I got some good vibrations from him and thought the Pats had the right stuff.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Part of it is from the hurricanes. Part of it is douche'-bags riding the bench during the anthem. Part of it bad refs. People just are not as passionate about the NFL as they used to be.
    All Defense!

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    I got some good vibrations from him and thought the Pats had the right stuff.
    I see what you did there.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    I wonder if some people who might have otherwise watched the football game, did not, because they already knew the Patriots were going undefeated and winning the Superbowl again.
    I don't watch that team unless the Steelers are playing them.

The fact that they lost the game is good, but it's only one game so I am not going to over react to it.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Who cares? It's still the highest rated program on TV.

Senior Member Array title="Kittyfish is a glorious beacon of light"> Kittyfish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post

That's pretty much why I didn't bother to watch. Now of course I regret it deeply, I would have loved to have seen the Pats get their butt kicked!