Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Steelers Send Scouts To Watch Top QB Prospect

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Steelers Send Scouts To Watch Top QB Prospect

I heard a draftnik (Mike Lombardi? Bucky Brooks?) talking about how he used completion percentage as a quick barometer:

above 60% - check the box, continue eval
    below 60% - avoid

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I heard a draftnik (Mike Lombardi? Bucky Brooks?) talking about how he used completion percentage as a quick barometer:

above 60% - check the box, continue eval
    below 60% - avoid
    Thank you! That's what I've been trying to say!

Senior Member Array title="Steelerette has much to be proud of"> Steelerette's Avatar

I don't feel like Baker Mayfield's game will translate well to the pros, but it might, and he has too much in his favor to simply dismiss - that's why he's going to be a first round draft pick. Time will tell whether it shakes out. QB is the one position that's so important that someone who's shown as much as he has, someone's going to go and draft him high. It will depend on what team/system he goes to, just as much as how good he actually turns out to be. Me I wouldn't draft him - I'd draft Allen or Jackson or Rudolph. But that doesn't mean he has no draft value.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Here’s my newest plan (a variation of my original plan):

2018 & 2019: surround Dobbs with as much talent as possible. If he fails, we’ll have a high draft pick in 2020... and, we draft Jake Fromm (Georgia).

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

2018 & 2019: surround Dobbs with as much talent as possible. If he fails, we’ll have a high draft pick in 2020... and, we draft Jake Fromm (Georgia).

I'm really impressed with the amount of trust they have in Fromm as a true freshman to audible and change protections. You just don't see that much control given to any quarterback, let alone a freshman. He definitely has a lot going on between the ears.

What he's done so far tonight is very impressive. Particularly against a Nick Saban defense.

Senior Member Array title="Steelerette has much to be proud of"> Steelerette's Avatar

Dobby throws the ball to Jar Jar Smith-Schuster...

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Of course he is a good player, he's a PA Boy!

Thanks for the reel Shoes.