Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Coates to the Browns

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Re: Coates to the Browns

But I thought it all had to do with his fingers?

The guy simply can't catch and he is lazy. I stated this during his first year.

Now if Coates was still on the Steelers there would be people here making excuses for him.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Well...clearly I was very wrong about Coates. I guess once again I am reminded that it takes more than physical ability to succeed in the NFL.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Well...clearly I was very wrong about Coates. I guess once again I am reminded that it takes more than physical ability to succeed in the NFL.
    It still shocks me to see what he did for 5 games at the start of last season and then just completely fell off a cliff. Yeah, they said he had finger issues, but, wow.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

No Coates fan here, but going to a toxic waste dump of a team is no place to work through your issues

Browns have changed quarterbacks 20 times in last 43 games

Those 20 changes have involved nine different quarterbacks...

The Browns are changing quarterbacks, on average, almost every other week

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...last-43-games/

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    No Coates fan here, but going to a toxic waste dump of a team is no place to work through your issues

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I still say it was broken fingers that were his undoing last season. He won my admiration by continuing to participate even with broken fingers. He played ST, and backup WR. His issues since then are the mystery, IMO.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

He's got 1 catch for 11 yards, ranking 13th ON THE BROWNS. I don't think that you can blame that on the QB. If you can't work your way up that weak depth chart, then you're just not very good.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    He's got 1 catch for 11 yards, ranking 13th ON THE BROWNS. I don't think that you can blame that on the QB. If you can't work your way up that weak depth chart, then you're just not very good.
    12 players have more yards receiving than you, it's not just the team (P.S. I didn't know the Browns had 13 NFL players that caught a pass)

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    I certainly am not defending him - I took a shot at him and previously posted his current stats in one of the Bryant threads

But Joe Haden said this week what it is like to be in Pittsburgh rather than Cleveland

“These are great problems to have, man,” Haden said, contrasting the Steelers and Browns. “Just the executive decisions of whether we're going to keep coaches or whether or not we're going to keep GMs. The quarterback rotations. We weren't winning, so every week they were going to find something to mess with.”

http://triblive.com/sports/columnist...t-latest-drama

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

So now mastering a new offense and all the acclimation within his new system should be done within six games with almost no preseason with his new team?

Obviously he'll never catch another pass in the NFL and justify the bashers.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

I certainly am not defending him - I took a shot at him and previously posted his current stats in one of the Bryant threads

But Joe Haden said this week what it is like to be in Pittsburgh rather than Cleveland

“These are great problems to have, man,” Haden said, contrasting the Steelers and Browns. “Just the executive decisions of whether we're going to keep coaches or whether or not we're going to keep GMs. The quarterback rotations. We weren't winning, so every week they were going to find something to mess with.”

http://triblive.com/sports/columnist...t-latest-drama

Wow, good thing Ben wasn't benched then.