Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bell wants 17M?

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Re: Bell wants 17M?

Keep him away from Bryant. No unsupervised trips in vehicles with windows rolled down.

I think Bell has moved on from weed to something stronger.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

When Bell signs the one year franchise contract, can the Steelers trade him?
    Hater = Realist

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    I believe so. I think Matt Cassel was franchised by the Cheats** before being traded to KC.

Also, KC did that to Jared Allen before trading him to the Vikings.

Not sure if the rules have changed since.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    I was wondering the same thing.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I was wondering the same thing.
    No way they trade him this year but could see them tag him again next year and draft a rb in the 2nd. Then it's very possible.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    No way they trade him this year but could see them tag him again next year and draft a rb in the 2nd. Then it's very possible.

He will be a Steeler this season... and probably next season.

Even if they could trade him, he'd have to have signed the tag first... and that wouldn't happen until AFTER the draft (July deadline)... or, as this year is any indicator, not until September. So, it is not likely that Bell gets traded.

Of course, they could tag him and then trade him for a pick on the 2019 draft... but... with BB's window closing, we need picks or players NOW.

SUMMATION:
    Colbert will likely tag Bell two years in a row, and then let him walk.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Yep smart thing would be to tag him again next year then let him walk. Depends how much distraction he will be after getting tagged again. I could see them out right releasing him next year. Kinda like the Santino Holmes deal where they traded him for next two nothing.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I don't believe we get anything for Bell at this point. He either gets his wheels ran off, or he's off the field due to injury. Either way, nobody's going to take him and his salary "needs" on a trade. I think Colbert lets him walk after this season. Not moneyball, but we can fill up the RB corps on $15M-$17M per season. Love the skills, love the plays, but all good things must end.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Vince Williams even said it was a joke on twitter.

Bell wanted more guaranteed money.
    If Bell wasn't a pothead he would have got more guaranteed.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

I am good with a tag this year and a tag next year. I think if Ben get another ring this season, and looks at the team seeing a better defense and basically the same offense he will stick it out. Would be great to have him get 5 rings, then all the Brady BS talk can just shut the hell up!

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salamander View Post
    I fully blame social media for the dumbing down of our society in general.
    I agree with ya. The "Information age" started getting dumbed down by misinformation of bloggers a decade ago and now it leads to the fact that anybody in the world with wifi can have a dumb opinion heard.

One of the greatest things I teach my kids is showing them some of the absurdity online and that just because something is on the internet, doesn't mean it is of value....let alone true.

I hope #26 is smarter in real life than what he is presenting here. Making money is one thing, but accumulating and holding onto it is another. Guys like Clinton Portis and Andre Rison are broke, while the biggest clown in the NFL...Gronk is actually smart with his $$

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I agree with ya. The "Information age" started getting dumbed down by misinformation of bloggers a decade ago and now it leads to the fact that anybody in the world with wifi can have a dumb opinion heard.

One of the greatest things I teach my kids is showing them some of the absurdity online and that just because something is on the internet, doesn't mean it is of value....let alone true.

I hope #26 is smarter in real life than what he is presenting here. Making money is one thing, but accumulating and holding onto it is another. Guys like Clinton Portis and Andre Rison are broke, while the biggest clown in the NFL...Gronk is actually smart with his $$
    Exactly, DHB was also smart to invest his money that he earned in his Raider days. He needs to start his own financial advising business.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

$17 million is not happening. If he is indeed looking for that now, Dan Snyder can have him

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Exactly, DHB was also smart to invest his money that he earned in his Raider days. He needs to start his own financial advising business.
    That is right!! DHB is really smart with his cash. He will have more $ in 10 years from now than Mike Wallace will I bet. There is an ex player at the NFL rookie symposium that is a financial planner and I bet only 10% of the guys listen to him. SMH

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

Remember, we can tag Le'Veon next year again for 14.5 million and in two years it would be 20.9 million.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

My dream scenario is for Bell to suck to the tune of 3.8 YPC and gain 850ish yards and the Steelers win the Super Bowl. That'd be awesome.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

"does Leveon Bell not realize that people arent going to buy his shitty music? shut up and get your ass back on the field."

1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    My dream scenario is for Bell to suck to the tune of 3.8 YPC and gain 850ish yards and the Steelers win the Super Bowl. That'd be awesome.
    I get what you're saying... but...

I want Le'Veon to have stats like LaDainian in 2006 (heck, I'll take 2/3 of that production), plus a three-TD SuperBowl performance (a game which we win by double digits). Then, I want him to to the same for us the following season. I want two amaaazing seasons from him... and then, he can become a seventh-year free agent.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I get what you're saying... but...

I want Le'Veon to have stats like LaDainian in 2006 (heck, I'll take 2/3 of that production), plus a three-TD SuperBowl performance (a game which we win by double digits). Then, I want him to to the same for us the following season. I want two amaaazing seasons from him... and then, he can become a seventh-year free agent.
    I used to want that. Now I've just come to dislike him. I just want us to win the super bowl and I'd be happier if he had less to do with it.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

I used to want that. Now I've just come to dislike him. I just want us to win the super bowl and I'd be happier if he had less to do with it.
    Here is his latest trolling effort

Le'Veon Bell has kept his social media accounts quite interesting leading up to his inevitable reporting to the Pittsburgh Steelers to sign his franchise tender. He's play-beefed with teammates over rap bars, congratulated his general manager on a new extension and is now on the job market.

Bell commented on a video of him applying for a job at Dairy Queen. ...

Bell said during the video that he's "jobless right now."

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

He is the best all around RB in the game but, no way he gets 17 mil per year. Oh wait maybe Dan Synder Washington Redskins would over pay for him! LOL

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by steel striker View Post
    He is the best all around RB in the game but, no way he gets 17 mil per year. Oh wait maybe Dan Synder Washington Redskins would over pay for him! LOL
    You laugh.......

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I think I want $17M a year too.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

The two would be hard to do together. Why not have him get back-to-back 2,000-yard seasons and two Super Bowls, then he gets busted smoking dope again and banned for a whole year?
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post
    if I am honest I would love to see him sign his Tag and immediately be on the trade block the guy has CANCER written all over him
    I second that. Not worth it IMO. If he was able to play through games where he is really needed, ala NE game last playoffs, and do well that is another story. I REALLY hope the Steelers can see past this.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    The two would be hard to do together. Why not have him get back-to-back 2,000-yard seasons and two Super Bowls, then he gets busted smoking dope again and banned for a whole year?
    Because it's a better dream without his head getting any bigger during the next 2 years. I'll be happy if his performance leads to wins, but I'm no longer happy for him personally. He's a troll and an ego maniac. Not to mention stupid for passing up the best contract he'll ever see.

BurghBoy412

Because it's a better dream without his head getting any bigger during the next 2 years. I'll be happy if his performance leads to wins, but I'm no longer happy for him personally. He's a troll and an ego maniac. Not to mention stupid for passing up the best contract he'll ever see.
    Enter Derrius Guice
    https://youtu.be/73aKs9kTNKA

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

As long as he's playing, he's going to be just as full of himself no matter what. So might as well get the most out of it, is what I say. Two Super Bowls would be better than one, unless we could find a way to win one without him, then fuck 'im.

If it helps, the future scenario can include him squandering all the money he'd make from the back-to-back franchise tags on some failed record label and everyone laughing at him for being a dumbass.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

We've been waiting for you Le'Veon.

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    As long as he's playing, he's going to be just as full of himself no matter what. So might as well get the most out of it, is what I say. Two Super Bowls would be better than one, unless we could find a way to win one without him, then fuck 'im.

If it helps, the future scenario can include him squandering all the money he'd make from the back-to-back franchise tags on some failed record label and everyone laughing at him for being a dumbass.
    Patriots won without Gronk. The Steelers can do it without Bell. The sun doesn't rise and set based on him.