Thread: Julian Edelman tears his ACL

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Julian Edelman tears his ACL

Looks like he's done for the season. I hate to see this happen to any player.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Re: Julian Edelman tears his ACL

That's the belief. That Cook trade looks even better now.

They still have the weapons on offense, it's a big loss but they're still contenders. Albeit I'm not sure how their pass rush will be.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 4. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. Ryan Watts, S, Texas

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Hate to see anyone go down like that.

BostonBlackie

Tough loss, worse than losing Gronk in many ways. One way being that if we lose Gronk again, without Edelman, serious trouble. Not to mention what Edelman gives the team, and the fans, just by being around.

The downside of football.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Nobody on here has said anything negative contradicting a recent article where Steeler fans were criticized about being happy when injuries happen to other team.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

What a shame.

However, the Pat's resilience is amazing.

They are the epitome of "next man up" imo.

Even when their starting QB goes down, they still get it done.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    What a shame.

However, the Pat's resilience is amazing.

They are the epitome of "next man up" imo.

Even when their starting QB goes down, they still get it done.
    Yep - they will go find another guy who played lacrosse at Penn State - props to Belichick and Brady for having success with receivers that do not fit the prototype

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Hate to see that

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Yep - they will go find another guy who played lacrosse at Penn State - props to Belichick and Brady for having success with receivers that do not fit the prototype

You can count on that.

BurghBoy412

As good as Edelman is this changes very little if anything at all. NE is still the class of the league until further notice.

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

Cheating class to be precise!

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

They still have Hogan and Cooks.

They'll be fine.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Sucks for Edelman. Great competitor. You always want to beat the best at their best.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Sucks for Edelman. Great competitor. You always want to beat the best at their best.
    I never root for injuries but they happen and if the Steelers get win the Super Bowl while the Pats are not at their best (as in 2008 when Brady was knocked out for the season in week one) I will value it just as much

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    I never root for injuries but they happen and if the Steelers get win the Super Bowl while the Pats are not at their best (as in 2008 when Brady was knocked out for the season in week one) I will value it just as much
    Absolutely. Nobody cries for us when one of our big guns is knocked out. If Birthdefect hadn't knocked out AB, that Broncos playoff game takes on a whole new look. The media and other NFL fans held no pity party for us.

The problem with the Pats* is that Belacheat* just says "Next"..... and they rarely miss a beat. Assholes.

BostonBlackie

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Absolutely. Nobody cries for us when one of our big guns is knocked out. If Birthdefect hadn't knocked out AB, that Broncos playoff game takes on a whole new look. The media and other NFL fans held no pity party for us.

The problem with the Pats* is that Belacheat* just says "Next"..... and they rarely miss a beat. Assholes.
    Who is crying for us? Gronk went down, we won the Super Bowl anyway. Brady went down, we came within a play or two here or there of going to the playoffs anyway. No Pats fan is looking for tears from anyone. The thing is a player like Edelman goes down and it subtracts from the game. Big Ben goes down, it subtracts from the game.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

It doesn't matter who goes down, they'll put someone from the practice squad in and they'll put up monster numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BostonBlackie View Post
    The thing is a player like Edelman goes down and it subtracts from the game.
    Bingo!!!

The NFL is built on guys like Edelman: great person, great story, the kind of guy that everyone can root for.

On the other end of the spectrum, I can't decide if I'd prefer that Vontaze Burfict blow out his knee OR that he develop a crippling, testicular hernia.