Thread: I Jealously Resented Tom Brady For No Reason: Everything Changed When I Met Him

BostonBlackie

I Jealously Resented Tom Brady For No Reason: Everything Changed When I Met Him

The greatest quarterback of all time gets a ton of unnecessary hate -- but it won't be coming from me ever again.

Sean LabarHERO Sports @seanlabaracc

Like many non-New England Patriots fans, I grew up jealously resenting Tom Brady for absolutely no reason.
    As a die-hard Redskins' supporter, it pained me to see a guy lead a team to so much success over and over again. Sure, I recognized the allure. This is a player who came out of Michigan with average stats and very little interest from NFL teams. Somehow, some way, Brady just kept getting better and better.
    He's a four-time Super Bowl MVP, two-time NFL MVP, and holds a bevy of ridiculous records including all-time postseason marks for completions, passing yards, passing touchdowns, fourth-quarter comebacks, and game-winning drives.
    The Patriots' star owns just about every notable Super Bowl Record under the sun -- far more than any player in the history of the NFL -- including his childhood idol, Joe Montana. I'm not sure if it's human nature to resent people who are the very best. It's strange with Brady. I've never hated LeBron James or Tiger Woods (even when after his transgressions and cold in-person encounters). Brady is often depicted as overly cocky and smug, but don't you have to have at least a little of that to be the best?

Then there have been the widely-publicized accusations of cheating -- which of course I latched on to like some internet troll, and used it to fuel my already-smoldering fire of hate for the 40-year-old superhuman.
    I was sour. I was envious. I couldn't understand why the Redskins' struggled so hard to find a capable signal caller and were constantly screwing things up, yet New England had this guy who seems to never fail. Don't talk to me about Tom Brady -- just like everything in Boston -- I don't care and don't want to hear it.
    RELATED: 5 Big Takeaways From Joint Practices Between the Patriots and Texans
    But earlier this week ... everything changed.

But I came away from the two-day trip with one thing that stood out significantly more than anything else: I was wrong about Tom Brady. So very wrong. Who the hell was I to judge someone I've never even met?

From the moment Brady took the field on Tuesday morning -- I began to feel at least a little bit different. I had a nice place to stand on the Patriots' sideline -- and became fascinated with his every move. Every time he came off the field, Brady would kneel about 20-30 feet from me and intently observe practice. New England offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels or WR Julian Edelman would occasionally come chat with him, but he was laser-focused at all times, even if it was the third string unit playing the Texans' backup defense.

There were a few times where Brady became noticeably frustrated with himself. A poorly thrown out-route that was deflected by a Houston defender. A botched play where it appeared either Brady or another player didn't understand his assignment.

"We got to make that play," Brady told me after Wednesday's practice. "It's got to be a better throw. We just have to keep up with it. Sometimes you get the exact look you want for a certain play -- and it's not a productive play. Those are the ones you kick yourself for. Sometimes they just call the right defense for the play you call and that's just how it is, but the ones you know should work, those are the ones you have to come up with."

Here is the greatest QB of all time -- dissecting the one or two bad passes he made during the entire practice session. That's greatness at it's core.

I continued to study Brady throughout the remainder of practice. He cheered when Jimmy Garoppolo or Brissett connected for a big play. He watched the Texans' offense closely as well -- talking intently with McDaniels after each pass from Deshaun Watson or Tom Savage. He was engaged and intense at all times. It was clear Brady had the same demeanor on the field that we've all become accustomed to over the years. It was just practice -- but he approached it like a game. It didn't matter how many accolades or honors he had.

Brady -- the greatest to ever play the position -- wanted to get better.

http://herosports.com/nfl/tom-brady-patriots-jealously-resented-no-reason-everything-changed-met-him-bgbg

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: I Jealously Resented Tom Brady For No Reason: Everything Changed When I Met Him

Quote Originally Posted by BostonBlackie View Post

The greatest quarterback of all time gets a ton of unnecessary hate -- but it won't be coming from me ever again.

Sean LabarHERO Sports @seanlabaracc

Like many non-New England Patriots fans, I grew up jealously resenting Tom Brady for absolutely no reason.
    As a die-hard Redskins' supporter, it pained me to see a guy lead a team to so much success over and over again. Sure, I recognized the allure. This is a player who came out of Michigan with average stats and very little interest from NFL teams. Somehow, some way, Brady just kept getting better and better.
    He's a four-time Super Bowl MVP, two-time NFL MVP, and holds a bevy of ridiculous records including all-time postseason marks for completions, passing yards, passing touchdowns, fourth-quarter comebacks, and game-winning drives.
    The Patriots' star owns just about every notable Super Bowl Record under the sun -- far more than any player in the history of the NFL -- including his childhood idol, Joe Montana. I'm not sure if it's human nature to resent people who are the very best. It's strange with Brady. I've never hated LeBron James or Tiger Woods (even when after his transgressions and cold in-person encounters). Brady is often depicted as overly cocky and smug, but don't you have to have at least a little of that to be the best?

Then there have been the widely-publicized accusations of cheating -- which of course I latched on to like some internet troll, and used it to fuel my already-smoldering fire of hate for the 40-year-old superhuman.
    I was sour. I was envious. I couldn't understand why the Redskins' struggled so hard to find a capable signal caller and were constantly screwing things up, yet New England had this guy who seems to never fail. Don't talk to me about Tom Brady -- just like everything in Boston -- I don't care and don't want to hear it.
    But earlier this week ... everything changed.

But I came away from the two-day trip with one thing that stood out significantly more than anything else: I was wrong about Tom Brady. So very wrong. Who the hell was I to judge someone I've never even met?

From the moment Brady took the field on Tuesday morning -- I began to feel at least a little bit different. I had a nice place to stand on the Patriots' sideline -- and became fascinated with his every move. Every time he came off the field, Brady would kneel about 20-30 feet from me and intently observe practice. New England offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels or WR Julian Edelman would occasionally come chat with him, but he was laser-focused at all times, even if it was the third string unit playing the Texans' backup defense.

There were a few times where Brady became noticeably frustrated with himself. A poorly thrown out-route that was deflected by a Houston defender. A botched play where it appeared either Brady or another player didn't understand his assignment.

"We got to make that play," Brady told me after Wednesday's practice. "It's got to be a better throw. We just have to keep up with it. Sometimes you get the exact look you want for a certain play -- and it's not a productive play. Those are the ones you kick yourself for. Sometimes they just call the right defense for the play you call and that's just how it is, but the ones you know should work, those are the ones you have to come up with."

Here is the greatest QB of all time -- dissecting the one or two bad passes he made during the entire practice session. That's greatness at it's core.

I continued to study Brady throughout the remainder of practice. He cheered when Jimmy Garoppolo or Brissett connected for a big play. He watched the Texans' offense closely as well -- talking intently with McDaniels after each pass from Deshaun Watson or Tom Savage. He was engaged and intense at all times. It was clear Brady had the same demeanor on the field that we've all become accustomed to over the years. It was just practice -- but he approached it like a game. It didn't matter how many accolades or honors he had.

Brady -- the greatest to ever play the position -- wanted to get better.

http://herosports.com/nfl/tom-brady-patriots-jealously-resented-no-reason-everything-changed-met-him-bgbg

But earlier this week ... everything changed

Did the earth move? Did his pulse rate increase and his toes curl, followed by a sense of satisfied exhaustion and desire to sleep?

Hopefully Mr. Labar can pursue this into a long term relationship

BurghBoy412

Re: I Jealously Resented Tom Brady For No Reason: Everything Changed When I Met Him

Tommie Tommie He's our man!! If the media didn't always make a reason to bring up his name. I might actually like the guy. Is there even anything left on that horse carcass?

BostonBlackie

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Thanks for removing all doubt (and I'm talking about the notion that Patriots fans can't stop talking about Bellichick/Brady/The Patriots)

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Greatest of all time??? LOL!

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Joe Montana > Tom Brady
    All Defense!

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Ugh, Do I really have to say it... Fuck Tom Brady*

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Not even Top-5 of All-Time. Greatest system QB ever tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

He's the greatest ever.

But fuck that guy.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

The art of the BJ.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Not even Top-5 of All-Time. Greatest system QB ever tho.
    Yeah he's probably about #17-18 all time......

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    The art of the BJ.
    Beat me to it. The author of this piece needs to get off his knees and wipe his chin already.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Like many non-New England Patriots fans, I grew up resenting Tom Brady for CHEATING and getting away with it.
    As a die-hard Redskins' supporter, it pained me to see a guy lead a team to so much CHEATING over and over again. Sure, I recognized the COMMISIONER is in Robert Kraft's hip pocket it was blatantly clear.. This is a player who came out of Michigan with average stats and very little interest from NFL teams. Somehow, (CHEATING), some way,(getting away with it), Brady just kept getting better and better...How amazing that the NFL allowed this level of CHEATING, dishing out a slap on the wrist when compared to what it did to the Saints.
    He's a Multi-time Douche bag, Whose constant whining is a total embarrassment , and holds a bevy of ridiculous records including all-time postseason marks for completions, passing yards, passing touchdowns, fourth-quarter comebacks, and game-winning drives. Largely due to the NFL turning a blind eye to the early CHEATING and playing in a powder puff division.
    The Patriots' star is the biggest little BITCH of the Super Bowl era, under the sun -- far more than any player in the history of the NFL -- including his childhood idol, Richard Simmons. I know for sure it's human nature to resent people who are Allowed to cheat on a consistant basis and get away with it. It's completely understandable with Brady. Brady is often depicted as overly cocky and a smug douchebag, but don't you have to have at least a little of that to be the biggest little Bitch?

Then there have been the widely-publicized accusations of being the GOAT -- by some internet troll, and used it to fuel my laughter for the 40-year-old supebitch.
    I completely understand why the Redskins' struggled so hard to find a capable signal caller and were constantly screwing things up, yet New England had this Bitch who is only successful because his team constantly allowed to cheat. Don't talk to me about Tom Brady -- just like everything in Boston -- I don't care and don't want to hear it.
    But earlier this week ... nothing changed.

Fixed it

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Yeah he's probably about #17-18 all time......
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar