Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Week 3: Steelers vs Colts

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Week 3: Steelers vs Colts

About a half too late

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Why are we throwing with Landry at the 1?
    Pete Carrol is subbing as our OC.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

@ Dobbs. He looked like a doofus on that play.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

why punt on this situation...Tomlin don't care!

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Pete Carrol is subbing as our OC.
    No just Haley getting cute again for no f-ing reason. I am confident Haley would have had Wilson throw to the backup WR at the 1 as well. I am also confident that he would have kept throwing up 8 in field goal range with a few minutes left

- - - Updated - - -

Not looking good

- - - Updated - - -

Terrible coaching decisions today, TERRIBLE!

Senior Member Array title="Kittyfish is a glorious beacon of light"> Kittyfish's Avatar

Hail Mary time.

Didn't work, of course, but Dobbs did good trying to keep the play alive.

Hopefully people learned a thing or two and will play better next Thursday

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Steelers drop this one.

Todd Haley is the goat.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Welp, that's it. Our first pre-season loss of the season, but I did enjoy tonight's game.

It was fun chatting with all of you again.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

It. Is. PRE season.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

No just Haley getting cute again for no f-ing reason. I am confident Haley would have had Wilson throw to the backup WR at the 1 as well. I am also confident that he would have kept throwing up 8 in field goal range with a few minutes left

- - - Updated - - -

Not looking good

- - - Updated - - -

Terrible coaching decisions today, TERRIBLE!
    Agreed and he should stick to coaching Golf lol. Seriously though stupid call and put Watson back in and we score.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    Welp, that's it. Our first pre-season loss of the season, but I did enjoy tonight's game.

It was fun chatting with all of you again.
    Me too and was fun bs with you all.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I don't see the point of sticking Dobbs in there with just over 2 minutes left. Tomlin should have let Jones finish the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I don't see the point of sticking Dobbs in there with just over 2 minutes left. Tomlin should have let Jones finish the game.
    Think he wanted to see what Dobb's was made of when the game was on the line.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Think he wanted to see what Dobb's was made of when the game was on the line.
    Makes no sense. Dobbs can play the last game.

Makes no sense. Dobbs can play the last game.
    Think it was also a message to Laundry stupid mistakes will no longer be accepted. You could lose your back up spot.

Think it was also a message to Laundry stupid mistakes will no longer be accepted. You could lose your back up spot.
    That isn't happening this year. As much as I don't like Jones, I think he played well for his first game.

BurghBoy412

I believe this team is a year away from serious Super Bowl contention.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BurghBoy412 View Post
    Assuming Ben and Bell return

More likely this team is two years away from oblivion - if the team is not contending this season it is not happening for some time

- - - Updated - - -

That isn't happening this year. As much as I don't like Jones, I think he played well for his first game.
    Agreed - the end zone INT apparently is regarded to be Ju-Ju's fault for breaking off the route

BurghBoy412

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Assuming Ben and Bell return

More likely this team is two years away from oblivion - if the team is not contending this season it is not happening for some time

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed - the end zone INT apparently is regarded to be Ju-Ju's fault for breaking off the route

Poor comment on my part. As long as Ben is at the helm they're in the mix. When he's gone then the real questions will surface.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Haley can not be calling passing plays on the 1 yard line.
    Apparently that call was on Jones (assuming he did not check out of a called pass into another passing play )

The interception he threw in the end zone was more about JuJu Smith-Shuster stopping on the route than it was a bad pass by Jones.

Then again, the way Watson was running, you could just as easily put that on Jones, who checked into that play instead of just handing the ball off.

http://www.observer-reporter.com/201...GmXKx0.twitter

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Apparently that call was on Jones (assuming he did not check out of a called pass into another passing play )

The interception he threw in the end zone was more about JuJu Smith-Shuster stopping on the route than it was a bad pass by Jones.

Then again, the way Watson was running, you could just as easily put that on Jones, who checked into that play instead of just handing the ball off.

http://www.observer-reporter.com/201...GmXKx0.twitter
    Either way, you pin it on Jones, trying to get cute and prove worth that he doesn't have rather than give to Watson and get the td.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Jones should not have thrown the INT into double coverage in the EZ. Throw it away or where nobody else could catch it. Just another bad choice in the red zone.

And Haley should have let Watson (keep him) run it in to give the home fans a victory.
    All Defense!

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Either way, you pin it on Jones, trying to get cute and prove worth that he doesn't have rather than give to Watson and get the td.
    If Jones audibled out of a run play there, then he's a complete idiot and Haley should've been screaming in his ear. If Haley called the pass play then he's the idiot. Just run the damn ball!
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

The steelers were in the AFC title game last year and this year they are at the same level or better at every position except the middle linebacker.

Not lose hope because of the pre season.No team is perfect.

BurghBoy412

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    The steelers were in the AFC title game last year and this year they are at the same level or better at every position except the middle linebacker.

Not lose hope because of the pre season.No team is perfect.
    I love the city of Pittsburgh and the Steelers as much as the next guy. However sometimes this franchise frustrates me. Take a player like Cockrell. He's average at best and a lot of times the worst player on the field. He's a liability, a weak spot. Yet the team continues to trot him out on the field week after week. Do you suppose the Patriots would do the same thing? Would they even roster a player of his mediocre level? No they would replace him and replace him fast. This is why for the better part of a decade and a half NE has had our number. If you don't perform on that team you don't play. Cockrell isn't the only player they have done this with but he is the most recent example. As a devoted fan I grow extremely tired of this.

I love the city of Pittsburgh and the Steelers as much as the next guy. However sometimes this franchise frustrates me. Take a player like Cockrell. He's average at best and a lot of times the worst player on the field. He's a liability, a weak spot. Yet the team continues to trot him out on the field week after week. Do you suppose the Patriots would do the same thing? Would they even roster a player of his mediocre level? No they would replace him and replace him fast. This is why for the better part of a decade and a half NE has had our number. If you don't perform on that team you don't play. Cockrell isn't the only player they have done this with but he is the most recent example. As a devoted fan I grow extremely tired of this.

I have the same problem as you on this, but it was not my point.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Last season, Cockrell was our best CB. Burns has passed him by most accounts, and Cockrell has had a terrible preseason. But facts being facts, we have not played our entire starting defense together this preseason. Does Cockrell need to improve his game to keep a spot on this roster? I would say so, and fast. But on that subject, Davis hasn't looked very good this preseason either. Mitchell hasn't been available and we already know the backups pretty much suck. All I'm thinking is, careful not to throw the baby out with the bath water. As a group, this defense hasn't looked very good this preseason at all.

BurghBoy412

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Last season, Cockrell was our best CB. Burns has passed him by most accounts, and Cockrell has had a terrible preseason. But facts being facts, we have not played our entire starting defense together this preseason. Does Cockrell need to improve his game to keep a spot on this roster? I would say so, and fast. But on that subject, Davis hasn't looked very good this preseason either. Mitchell hasn't been available and we already know the backups pretty much suck. All I'm thinking is, careful not to throw the baby out with the bath water. As a group, this defense hasn't looked very good this preseason at all.
    Why should all the players that consistently do their job have to suffer because of a franchise that refuses to address "employee's" that don't do theirs. How motivating is that?

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Why should all the players that consistently do their job have to suffer because of a franchise that refuses to address "employee's" that don't do theirs. How motivating is that?
    I don't understand your question. More than that, how does it relate to the post of mine that you quoted?

BurghBoy412

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I don't understand your question. More than that, how does it relate to the post of mine that you quoted?
    I don't know man I goofed I suppose.