Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Preseason:Falcons vs Steelers 8/20/17

BurghBoy412

Re: Preseason:Falcons vs Steelers 8/20/17

As usual some refusing to acknowledge Ross Cockrell's poor play.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BurghBoy412 View Post
    They should make the Trumaine Johnson trade.
    He is going to make $17mil this season.

no way that trade happens.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Looking back at the play in the 1st half from the defense, my goodness Golden is horrible.

The "Mike Mitchell isn't good" crowd should simmer down. One of the best players not just on defense, but on the team period.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Mitchell is good, but not great. The problem is that we don't have anyone else on the roster that's even decent to back him up.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a nice hole by the OL for a nice run.
    “I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!” - Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Not sure I'm ready to live in a world where Danny Smith fields a more than competent ST squad.

Post was aimed at the end of the first half - I've been away for a bit!

- - - Updated - - -

Bryant looking rusty as hell

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

DB had ahold of Marty's arm on that pass. Nice punt by Berry.
    “I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!” - Jack Lambert

Not getting much help from the guys around him, but Dobbs is looking solid today.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Damn, Dobbs is impressing. Connor got Limas hands

Conner not showing any hands at all.

That won't happen with Bell.

Dobbs still impressing.

Nice return!!!

That's how you can make the 53.

That's how you get noticed

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Danny Smith is our best coach today.

Keith Butler is not the right man of the job if this defense want to take the next step.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Steelers oddly obsessive search for a little shifty dude appears to continue.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profil...ams?id=2552649

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

[TWEET]899394444566319104[TWEET]

Sent from my SM-T807V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Danny Smith is our best coach today.

Keith Butler is not the right man of the job if this defense want to take the next step.
    C'mon that's ridiculous.

Back-ups and future Home Depot stock clerks all over the field playing vanilla defense.

PLus Danny Smith is never the best anything.

Don't fret over over-all team performance. Look at individual things. Like Can that converted WR CB actually backpedal and mirror a WR?

Shit Dobbs. Can't do that!

Dumb play by Dobbs

That was the rookiest thing ever to rookie.

I don't understand. Why even call a rollout that direction?

Just dumb all around.

Playcall=F
    Dobbs decision=F

LOL, got it right back.

Why is Houston in?

He has no future with this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    C'mon that's ridiculous.

Back-ups and future Home Depot stock clerks all over the field playing vanilla defense.

PLus Danny Smith is never the best anything.

Don't fret over over-all team performance. Look at individual things. Like Can that converted WR CB actually backpedal and mirror a WR?
    Our starters were embarrassed by Matt Simms today...Yes Matt Simms.

Bart should not be in.

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Our starters were embarrassed by Matt Simms today...Yes Matt Simms.
    That's not even true.

Golden
    Chickillo
    Matakevich
    Watt (??)

All are not starters. And they played zero gameplan. Straight vanilla with 2nd or 3rd string guys in there.

I mean if you are bound and determined to freak out during a preseason game - at least freak out about things that are actually happening!

Like the fact that Vince Williams was beat like a drum today.
    Martavis Bryant looked hella rusty.
    Back-up center is not a strength. If Pouncey were to go down for an extended period of time, the interior of the line can be had.
    Dobbs looks good and has a # of tools but is not ready to attack and NFL defense and experience consistent success.
    Conner might have really questionable hands.
    Robert Golden is an auto-completion in primary coverage and seems to be too shallow in his zone drops as well as fairly slow to rotate over. That's a problem.
    Cockrell got got today. Is that a one off or a trend?

That's intentional grounding.

Damn this Mike Hilton is really impressing

B.S. They should've called the damn holding on 76 then.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    That's not even true.

Golden
    Chickillo
    Matakevich
    Watt (??)

All are not starters. And they played zero gameplan. Straight vanilla with 2nd or 3rd string guys in there.

I mean if you are bound and determined to freak out during a preseason game - at least freak out about things that are actually happening!

Like the fact that Vince Williams was beat like a drum today.
    Martavis Bryant looked hella rusty.
    Back-up center is not a strength. If Pouncey were to go down for an extended period of time, the interior of the line can be had.
    Dobbs looks good and has a # of tools but is not ready to attack and NFL defense and experience consistent success.
    Conner might have really questionable hands.
    Robert Golden is an auto-completion in primary coverage and seems to be too shallow in his zone drops as well as fairly slow to rotate over. That's a problem.
    Cockrell got got today. Is that a one off or a trend?

I'm sorry for my overreaction.But Yes Golden and Williams sucks in pass coverage.It was obvious.