Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Preseason game 2:Atlanta Falcons

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Preseason game 2:Atlanta Falcons

I do not want to overreact on a preseason game, but the reality is that I do not think Keith Butler is the right man of the job.

The pass coverage has been awful in the first half.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Ross Cockrell blows chunks , Robbie Golden is a spectator in the secondary until its time to hit someone and half of the normal starting front 7 isnt playing ... so there is that

BurghBoy412

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post
    Ross Cockrell blows chunks , Robbie Golden is a spectator in the secondary until its time to hit someone and half of the normal starting front 7 isnt playing ... so there is that
    I'm gonna give Ross Cockrell a pass because I believe he took the day off and let his alter ego "Coss Rockrell" play today.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Why are Atlanta fans even talking? They've won nothing, and just got embarrassed by blowing a 28-3 lead in the SB. They should still be hiding.
    When you are a fan of Atlanta teams (to which I am pretty much indifferent - I just live here) you get used to the misery - 1 world championship (1995 Braves) in 50 years of MLB, NFL, NBA and NHL (2 hockey teams left town) play

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I do not know if it's a good idea that Roethlisberger is not playing today.If we look at the other teams, almost all the teams had their starting QB play in the 2nd preseason game....Even Brady and Rodgers played yesterday.

I hope that our offense will not be rusty at the start of the season because of the lack of action in preseason, but it could happen that the timing is not very good.

The only action that our starting offense is going to have in this preseason is going to be against an awful defense(Colts)
    Ben only played a total of 2 series in week three of the 2016 preseason and then the offense torched the Redskins in the Monday night opener

Not worried about Ben and AB being rested - but to make whatever point he is making Bell cannot delay showing up until the middle of the week before the Browns game

BurghBoy412

1. Hopefully Conner will be the number 2 RB to start the season.
    2. Some positives from Dangerfield even if it was against lesser competition.
    3. Jordan Berry has a strong leg.
    4. TJ Watt is stronger than I thought.
    5. Martavis was rusty but he still has it.
    6. Josh Dobbs is a solid 4th round pick. (His numbers would be even better if guys would catch the ball)
    7. The secondary really needs Mike Mitchell to be out there. (luckily he is durable)
    8. Jesse James wasn't spectacular but not awful by any stretch of the imagination. (TE should be addressed early in the 2018 draft)
    9. Artie Burns had a solid showing.
    10. My favorite player on this D is without a doubt Javon Har"grave digger". Hated seeing him leave early. Hope he's alright.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

James doesn't know what to do after he catches the ball. I'd give McGee more playing time, he is a huge improvement over James in the blocking department, lets see how he does when he gets the ball. Then draft a real TE next year.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Should have grabbed the old guy that Cleveland let go. He was awesome a few years back and bet he still is close to that.

BurghBoy412

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Should have grabbed the old guy that Cleveland let go. He was awesome a few years back and bet he still is close to that.
    I started a sign Gary Barnidge thread. Nobody wanted to talk about him though. I'm with you though. I'm positive he would be an upgrade over the 3 TE's they have right now.
    Last edited by BurghBoy412; 08-20-2017 at 10:21 PM.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BurghBoy412 View Post
    I started a sign Gary Barnidge thread. Nobody wanted to talk about him though. I with you though. I positive he would be an upgrade over the 3 TE's they have right now.
    Yep he would and don't hate Jesse and think he is okay but apparently the coaching staff have more faith in him. Not making any moves in the draft or grabbing Barnidge.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Having lived in Saints country and Falcons country in my life, neither team's fanbase has had enough success for them to have any trash talk experience. I guess the Saints fans do have 1 SB to back up some trash talk, but Falcon fans need to go back into hiding until they do hoist a trophy.