Thread: Has Father Time caught up with Steelers’ Harrison?

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Has Father Time caught up with Steelers’ Harrison?

Just as it was last year when the plan for the Steelers in training camp was to go with the young guys at outside linebacker at the expense of James Harrison, so it the plan again this year.

Only this time around, it isn’t Bud Dupree and Jarvis Jones the Steelers plan on moving forward with. Now, it’s Dupree and T.J. Watt.

As we saw last season, the young guys didn’t get things done. Dupree suffered a sports hernia that required surgery in training camp and missed more than half the season.

And Jones failed in his last attempt as a starter, eventually getting pushed to the bench by Harrison.

The guess this time around, however, is that Harrison’s time on the bench sticks.

The Steelers know the 39-year-old can’t possibly have a lot left in the tank. At the very least, the Steelers aren’t sure what is left, as Porter told me Monday.

read more

http://www.observer-reporter.com/201...Kgz8LR.twitter

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: Has Father Time caught up with Steelers’ Harrison?

Tomlin said ......

James Harrison will get all the snaps he can handle , so clearly the HC does not agree with Joey Porter on the dispersion of snaps and I back Tomlin 100% on this ...

Porter is a Position couch not the D coordinator or the head Coach so his input will be taken into consideration but he is far from the last word on play time

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post
    Tomlin said ......

James Harrison will get all the snaps he can handle , so clearly the HC does not agree with Joey Porter on the dispersion of snaps and I back Tomlin 100% on this ...

Porter is a Position couch not the D coordinator or the head Coach so his input will be taken into consideration but he is far from the last word on play time
    Did they both say this at the same time?
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Did they both say this at the same time?
    Tomlin said this today , someone ( reputable ) had the tweet of it , I should have posted it probably never find the dang thing now lol

edit ...

here ya go http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/08...ps-can-handle/

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

I wouldn't say it to his face for sure.
    All Defense!