Thread: T.J. Watt earns highest grade of the game from PFF in Steelers preseason opener

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

T.J. Watt earns highest grade of the game from PFF in Steelers preseason opener

EDGE T.J. Watt, 86.1 overall grade

The stat sheet looks spectacular, and there’s nothing wrong with making the plays that come your way, but Watt’s six total pressures (including two sacks) and batted pass are inflated a bit, as was his 25.0 pass-rush productivity mark. His first sack was of the clean-up variety as QB Josh Johnson was flushed his way and the second came as an unblocked rusher to an overloaded side of the pass protection. Still, it was an impressive debut for Watt who also had a couple of nice rushes against fellow rookie, OT Adam Bisnowaty, while also picking up a run stop.

read more

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/201...season-opener/

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: T.J. Watt earns highest grade of the game from PFF in Steelers preseason opener

Dong sacks!!!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: T.J. Watt earns highest grade of the game from PFF in Steelers preseason opener

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Dong sacks!!!
    http://www.stillers.com/Article/View...9-ad3085ccdcb4

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Gildong sacks
    Wooden Dong sacks
    Worildong sacks

Wattong sacks?
    TJong sacks???
    JJ's Brodong sacks?????

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Gildong sacks
    Wooden Dong sacks
    Worildong sacks

Wattong sacks?
    TJong sacks???
    JJ's Brodong sacks?????
    The Watt Dong

BurghBoy412

As with a lot of things. It's looking like I was way wrong about drafting this guy. I guess that's why I'm not a GM. Hats off to Colbert and Tomlin for picking Watt. I think we have a star in the making fellas!

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

"With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post

1.21 DONGawatts!!!

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I think Harrison/Watt are going to make a nice combo!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I think Harrison/Watt are going to make a nice combo!
    Wattison McDong

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Wattison McDong

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Watt looked good, just like his brother. It's about time we had some fire on the D.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Wattison McDong

I'm glad you have finally embraced the "Dongness".

If you had continued down the road of positive thinking, you would surely have been banned and sent away in shame.

A Steelers message board is no place for hope and happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    If you had continued down the road of positive thinking, you would surely have been banned and sent away in shame.
    Just like the time that I got banned for celebrating SuperBowl XLIII.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Just like the time that I got banned for celebrating SuperBowl XLIII.
    You're better off.. lol

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Watt looked good, just like his brother. It's about time we had some fire on the D.
    Does he have the fire though that JJ has to elevate the rest of the team? I don't see it from him that way and sometimes I get the feeling that he's just in Pittsburgh to play out this contract and then go somewhere he wants to be. Not sure why, but I get that feeling sometimes...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Does he have the fire though that JJ has to elevate the rest of the team? I don't see it from him that way and sometimes I get the feeling that he's just in Pittsburgh to play out this contract and then go somewhere he wants to be. Not sure why, but I get that feeling sometimes...
    Too early to think about his next contract!

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Too early to think about his next contract!

I'll say, but TJ did say he felt like he belonged in Pittsburgh. Thats good enough for me.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

I don't get the same feeling, I think he is simply a rookie trying to fit in at this point. I also think that JJ was in a much different situation there were no real leaders on the Texans team like there is here. You also have the fact that we are known for our legendary defenders, so I think he's trying to prove himself at this point. I think given time he will be a leader on this defense, but right now it's time to show what you are capable of. He is concentrating on football and for me, right now, that's good enough for me.

fwiw I am trying not to get too excited about what we have in TJ, but damn it's not easy, especially when he has as great of a start as he had on Friday. Yes it may not have been starters, but for a rookie he wasn't lost or look out of place. I always say if there was 1 player I wanted on our team from another team my answer has always been JJ, now we got TJ hopefully that is the answer to my prayers.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    I don't get the same feeling, I think he is simply a rookie trying to fit in at this point. I also think that JJ was in a much different situation there were no real leaders on the Texans team like there is here. You also have the fact that we are known for our legendary defenders, so I think he's trying to prove himself at this point. I think given time he will be a leader on this defense, but right now it's time to show what you are capable of. He is concentrating on football and for me, right now, that's good enough for me.

fwiw I am trying not to get too excited about what we have in TJ, but damn it's not easy, especially when he has as great of a start as he had on Friday. Yes it may not have been starters, but for a rookie he wasn't lost or look out of place. I always say if there was 1 player I wanted on our team from another team my answer has always been JJ, now we got TJ hopefully that is the answer to my prayers.
    This is what I hope. I like him a lot and think he's gonna be a nice addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

I get the feeling that he's just in Pittsburgh to play out this contract and then go somewhere he wants to be. Not sure why, but I get that feeling sometimes...

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Exactly. There hasn't been a single thing that TJ has said or done to make anyone think that he doesn't want to be in Pittsburgh. Quite the opposite actually.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I'll worry about it in 5 years, and 4 Pro Bowls later.