Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers vs Giants: Winners And Losers

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Steelers vs Giants: Winners And Losers

Can anyone tell what the source of Dobbs accuracy problems are? Mechanics of some sort? Lack of anticipation? Just not very good?

For instance, I watched a ton of Houston at UW and he simply lacks the arm strength to pull of a lot of what he tries to do. Leads to poorly thrown balls and turnovers.

Dobbs seems to have all the arm he would ever need. Early camp reports lauded his accuracy and the breakdown at Steelers Depot argued that his college WRs were so bad that they heavily contributed to his incompletions.

I didn't watch the game last night, but from all the reports I am seeing, Dobbs was hurried, inaccurate, and several badly thrown balls. Just rookie stuff or was there a deeper flaw?

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Can anyone tell what the source of Dobbs accuracy problems are? Mechanics of some sort? Lack of anticipation? Just not very good?

For instance, I watched a ton of Houston at UW and he simply lacks the arm strength to pull of a lot of what he tries to do. Leads to poorly thrown balls and turnovers.

Dobbs seems to have all the arm he would ever need. Early camp reports lauded his accuracy and the breakdown at Steelers Depot argued that his college WRs were so bad that they heavily contributed to his incompletions.

I didn't watch the game last night, but from all the reports I am seeing, Dobbs was hurried, inaccurate, and several badly thrown balls. Just rookie stuff or was there a deeper flaw?
    Every Throws by him

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Dobbs improved the more he played imo. I think it is rookie stuff, what I like is, he is always looking down field, isn't quick to run and steps up nicely in the pocket and has a good arm. He'll be the #2 for the future.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Dobbs improved the more he played imo. I think it is rookie stuff, what I like is, he is always looking down field, isn't quick to run and steps up nicely in the pocket and has a good arm. He'll be the #2 for the future.
    Watching the video posted above, and that seems to be the case. At least with Dobbs you have a guy who isn't afraid to turn it loose. Landry Jones never met a checkdown he didn't like.

Dobbs looks smoother and more natural in those throws from the video than any sequence I can remember for Jones.

I prefer a QB who is an gunslider and who likes to take risks than a QB who loves too much the checkdown.

The best play of Dobbs was at 8:00 of this video but the steelers had a penalty in this play.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Watching the video posted above, and that seems to be the case. At least with Dobbs you have a guy who isn't afraid to turn it loose. Landry Jones never met a checkdown he didn't like.

Dobbs looks smoother and more natural in those throws from the video than any sequence I can remember for Jones.
    Indeed, he is much smoother and he has the added advantage of using his feet if all else fails. I thought the Grimble TD that was called back was a great play when Dobbs was under pressure.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Without actually calculating it, it looked like nearly 75% of Dobbs' passes were off target. If not for some nice plays by the receivers, he would've had an even worse night. Like I said in his defense before, it was his first game, he was hurried a lot as the O Line appeared not to be there. He was far from anything fluid but he has promise but he's not leaps and bounds better than Landry by that showing. I look forward to seeing him next week as well and hopefully he gets even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler