Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kevin Colbert: Steelers 'have to be prepared' for life without Ben Roethlisberger

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

Re: Kevin Colbert: Steelers 'have to be prepared' for life without Ben Roethlisberger

I know that they are not falling from trees. I don't know how much money Romo made in his career, but I'm pretty sure it is too much for only two playoff wins. People around here are often mentioning Flaco's contract, and while I agree with them that he is overpaid, but at least he led Ravens to a Superbowl. What I'm trying to say is that only a few franchises have been lucky to find two franchise QBs in a row. 49ers from Montana to Young, Packers from Favre to Rodgers, maybe Colts from Manning to Luck (to early to say) and if I'm forgeting someone please feel free to correct me, my knowledge about 60s or 70s isn't that good.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Kevin Colbert: Steelers 'have to be prepared' for life without Ben Roethlisberger

By this logic, 31 teams will waste at least 100-130 million because they will not have won the super bowl ....

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

I'm done trying to explain myself...

Obviously we don't agree what traits QBs must have to be called franchise QBs...

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

There is the consensus that a QB has to be above the Andy Dalton line to be considered a franchise QB.Aside from that, we are the Steelers. We don't look for the Andy Daltons or Ryan Tannehills of the world. Because those may be franchise QBs, but none which would put you in a position to win a Lombardi.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Drazo85 View Post
    I'm done trying to explain myself...

Obviously we don't agree what traits QBs must have to be called franchise QBs...
    It's okay if you do not consider Romo as a QB franchise.

But I do not agree that it was a waste of money by the Cowboys.