Thread: 2008 Cowboys @ Steelers

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

2008 Cowboys @ Steelers

If you want to see the old steelers games from the 1970s until 2008, here's the link.

http://www.mcmillenandwife.com/steelers_mp4.html

Of course, some of their games like those of 2005 and 2008 are not yet there, but sooner or later I think they will be available!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: 2008 Cowboys @ Steelers

That was the game that convinced me the Steelers were going to win it all that season.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    That was the game that convinced me the Steelers were going to win it all that season.

This game and the game in Baltimore the week after.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Dear lord I miss that defense.

Quote Originally Posted by salamander View Post
    Dear lord I miss that defense.
    This is certain that this defense was special.The two best defensive players in 2008 in the NFL were with the Steelers(Polamalu and Harrison)!

But on the other hand, our offense was painful to watch at times.I mean, in the game against Dallas, the steelers had only 90 offensive yards before the big play of Santonio Holmes at the end of the 3rd quarter.

Our offensive line and our running game was awful for most of our season but thank goodness, the offense (Ben and Holmes mostly) often did the job at the end of the games when the steelers needed a FG or a TD to win the game.

But in general, I consider the team in 2004 and 2005 better than in 2008, since the 2004 and 2005 teams had very few weakness, our defense was in the top 5 and the offense was very consistent and underrated.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    This is certain that this defense was special.The two best defensive players in 2008 in the NFL were with the Steelers(Polamalu and Harrison)!

But on the other hand, our offense was painful to watch at times.I mean, in the game against Dallas, the steelers had only 90 offensive yards before the big play of Santonio Holmes at the end of the 3rd quarter.

Our offensive line and our running game was awful for most of our season but thank goodness, the offense (Ben and Holmes mostly) often did the job at the end of the games when the steelers needed a FG or a TD to win the game.

But in general, I consider the team in 2004 and 2005 better than in 2008, since the 2004 and 2005 teams had very few weakness, our defense was in the top 5 and the offense was very consistent and underrated.
    Just imagine if we had 2008's defense and today's offense together on the same team. I mean, don't get me wrong, the current defense is looking promising, but the team would be unstoppable.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I used to go to that website. I didn't know they were still around. It seemed dormant for a while.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I didn't realize he had all those on there. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler