Thread: Pat Mahomes

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Pat Mahomes

as of right now 10-14 -88 yards and 2 TDs
    3 rushes for another 29 yards ...

not bad for a kid who would have to sit a couple years

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Pat Mahomes

The "weak" 2017 QB draft class isn't looking so weak.

Trubisky, Mahomes, Kizer, Watson, and yes, even our Dobbs are showing some good stuff.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

I would not be surprised to see Smith losing his job like in 2012 with the 49ers.

Several rookies in the past have excel even if they were supposed need a few years on the bench to learn.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Preseason with no game planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Preseason with no game planning.
    true but that statement is as broad as it is wide ... no game plan for the offense either

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I would not be surprised to see Smith losing his job like in 2012 with the 49ers.

Several rookies in the past have excel even if they were supposed need a few years on the bench to learn.

I agree Alex Smith isn't losing his job to him YET .... but the fact that Mahomes makes one even bridge that thought says a lot

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    The "weak" 2017 QB draft class isn't looking so weak.

Trubisky, Mahomes, Kizer, Watson, and yes, even our Dobbs are showing some good stuff.
    I said something like this prior to the draft , the statements on these prospects not making a good class is premature teams will not know what they have until they have them in camp with the playbook grasped .. far to much difference in the pro game and college game ...

all we have to go on unless they play in a prostyle system is can they make all the throws and how strong the arm is ... as for the rest its a guess a big guess because few teams play in a prostyle system these days

BurghBoy412

This is inevitable. They moved up and drafted him 14th overall. The writing is on the wall for Smith.

I love this kids field presence and arm strength. I won't be surprised if he has a long, successful career.

Quote Originally Posted by BurghBoy412 View Post
    This is inevitable. They moved up and drafted him 14th overall. The writing is on the wall for Smith.

I love this kids field presence and arm strength. I won't be surprised if he has a long, successful career.
    Especially that he is in a good team and Andy Reid has always had success with the QB, even the backups(A.J Feeley,Kevin Kolb,Jeff Garcia,etc)!

Maybe Mahomes is going to be for Reid, what Roethlisberger was for Cowher,meaning winning the super bowl after having had great success in regular season but be ringless for so long.

BurghBoy412

Especially that he is in a good team and Andy Reid has always had success with the QB, even the backups(A.J Feeley,Kevin Kolb,Jeff Garcia,etc)!

Maybe Mahomes is going to be for Reid, what Roethlisberger was for Cowher,meaning winning the super bowl after having had great success in regular season but be ringless for so long.
    I've always liked Andy Reid. It would be cool to see him win a Championship someday. This year will not be his year however.

The Chiefs do not scare me with Alex Smith...I mean, the steelers beat them in their house last year in the playoffs with only field goals!

But that could change if Mahomes becomes their QB during the season.Remember in 2010, after the McNabb's trade, Kolb was supposed to be the starter of the eagles, but after his injury, Vick had had a big game and Reid had let Vick as the starter for the rest of the season.

This could happen this year, especially since the chiefs gave 2 first round pick to have Mahomes and their fans in KC will want Mahomes after so many years of the captain checkdown (Alex Smith) that throw always short on 3rd down and 7.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

The Chiefs do not scare me with Alex Smith...I mean, the steelers beat them in their house last year in the playoffs with only field goals!

But that could change if Mahomes becomes their QB during the season.Remember in 2010, after the McNabb's trade, Kolb was supposed to be the starter of the eagles, but after his injury, Vick had had a big game and Reid had let Vick as the starter for the rest of the season.

This could happen this year, especially since the chiefs gave 2 first round pick to have Mahomes and their fans in KC will want Mahomes after so many years of the captain checkdown (Alex Smith) that throw always short on 3rd down and 7.
    Mahomes won't scare me until he actually shows he can play at a high level in the regular season

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Mahomes won't scare me until he actually shows he can play at a high level in the regular season

Yes, but Mahomes has the potential, especially that Andy Reid has always had success with QB, backup or starter.He is in a great situation.

Mahomes has completed 2 passes of more than 50 yards yesterday that Alex Smith would never have tried.Their offense with Smith never scared me, it could change if the chiefs made a QB change.