Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Senquez Golson Leaves Practice On Cart With Apparent Hamstring Injury

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Senquez Golson Leaves Practice On Cart With Apparent Hamstring Injury

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: Senquez Golson Leaves Practice On Cart With Apparent Hamstring Injury

China doll...

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

the kid is as good as done

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Time to move on from Golson. He's just not built to play in the NFL.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

excuse my french but get the fuck outta here

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/07...dded-practice/

Everyone might want to climb off the ledge. Golson was one of several players that left with soft-tissue injuries related to dehydration and/or fatigue.

The far scarier information is that James Conner has a shoulder injury that requires further evaluation

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

Everyone might want to climb off the ledge. Golson was one of several players that left with soft-tissue injuries related to dehydration and/or fatigue.

The far scarier information is that James Conner has a shoulder injury that requires further evaluation
    Cold blooded comment by Tomlin in the linked article

Tomlin was asked if it’s frustrating to him to see the cornerback get injured again.“Not for me, I’m sure it is for him,”

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

damn i really wanted to see this guy play

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Please do not draft anymore midgets, not even as KRs.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Please do not draft anymore midgets, not even as KRs.
    Have zero proof his size is causing these injuries.

It's just bad luck, some players just don't respond to the NFL workload.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Are you shitting me?

Well, time to fall back on your college degree. I hope he didn't major in Communications.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Yea nobody seemed worried about the situation other than this is yet another year he got hurt.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I didn't see that coming!!

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I'm surprised he made it to the first day in pads! Meet State Farm insurance newest agent, Senquez Golson.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I'm surprised he made it to the first day in pads! Meet State Farm insurance newest agent, Senquez Golson.
    I'm thinking.....

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

I feel really bad for him.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

Man this guy gets hurt more than I do and, I'm 49.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Is it bad to say that I had a feeling some type of injury was going to occur with him?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Guys, he either pulled/tweaked a muscle or cramped up by all accounts that are so far available. This is significantly different than a torn labrum in his shoulder and a lisfranc injury to his foot (that I feel like someone said was from stepping in a hole).

Now, all are unfortunate for the player and frustrating for the fans/team to fail to realize a return on the investment of a 2nd round draft pick. But these are far from being solely attributable to his size, a signal of a fragile player (see Woodley, Lamaar; Romo, Tony), or based only on current information - the start of another "lost" season for Golson.

When he has been on the field/practice, he has consistently impressed coaches and teammates by the reports that are easy to find on the internet. Remember, the Steelers didn't give up on Spence, Dangerfield, and a few other oft injured players.

I'm not really certain why everyone wants to write Golson off and kinda freak out after a hamstring injury. Most of us are probably at the point in our lives where we tweak a hammy doing yardwork on a hot day.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Guys, he either pulled/tweaked a muscle or cramped up by all accounts that are so far available. This is significantly different than a torn labrum in his shoulder and a lisfranc injury to his foot (that I feel like someone said was from stepping in a hole).

Now, all are unfortunate for the player and frustrating for the fans/team to fail to realize a return on the investment of a 2nd round draft pick. But these are far from being solely attributable to his size, a signal of a fragile player (see Woodley, Lamaar; Romo, Tony), or based only on current information - the start of another "lost" season for Golson.

When he has been on the field/practice, he has consistently impressed coaches and teammates by the reports that are easy to find on the internet. Remember, the Steelers didn't give up on Spence, Dangerfield, and a few other oft injured players.

I'm not really certain why everyone wants to write Golson off and kinda freak out after a hamstring injury. Most of us are probably at the point in our lives where we tweak a hammy doing yardwork on a hot day.
    I don't get it either. I think he'll be fine.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

I'm not really certain why everyone wants to write Golson off and kinda freak out after a hamstring injury.
    Perhaps because the front office and coaching staff have been poor mouthing his prospects

“Last year I sat here and said we would view him as an extra draft pick and unfortunately we can’t do that right now,” Colbert said of Golson, who missed his first two seasons with shoulder and foot injuries. “Again, through no fault of his own, he has been injured two years in a row and in all honesty, I worry about a defensive back coming off of a foot injury because you don’t know what he’s going to be like and we won’t know until we get into the OTAs and mini-camps, and things of that nature.

“So, I hope he does for his sake, for our sake, but it’s less predictable at this point because we’re dealing with two injuries. And two years off, I don’t think you can minimize not playing for two seasons. You have to get back. He has to re-learn a lot of football and his body has to re-learn a lot of football movement.”

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/04...enquez-golson/

[Carnell] Lake did not sound so excited about Golson, who hasn’t played a game of any kind — regular season or preseason — since he was drafted. And his two-year absence from the game because of injuries has caused the Steelers to have little hope he can help the secondary.

Golson missed all of last season with a Lisfranc foot injury, and Lake said he “would expect to see some drop off [in speed] there. I hope between now and start of training camp he goes home and really works on that aspect of his game. We need that.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/06/18/Steelers-secondary-pass-coverage-carnell-lake-artie-burns-senquez-golson-man-to-man-defense-Pittsburgh/stories/201706180098

Last edited by AtlantaDan; 07-31-2017 at 05:33 PM.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Senquez Golson Leaves Practice On Cart With Apparent Hamstring Injury

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    Is it bad to say that I had a feeling some type of injury was going to occur with him?
    It would be bad if you assumed he would be healthy and not incur an injury. ThAts what would be bad.

You win championships by being consistent and healthy. Folsom is consistently unhealthy. Doesn't matter what the type of injury it is, if he's not on the field it's a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Perhaps because the front office and coaching staff have been poor mouthing his prospects

“Last year I sat here and said we would view him as an extra draft pick and unfortunately we can’t do that right now,” Colbert said of Golson, who missed his first two seasons with shoulder and foot injuries. “Again, through no fault of his own, he has been injured two years in a row and in all honesty, I worry about a defensive back coming off of a foot injury because you don’t know what he’s going to be like and we won’t know until we get into the OTAs and mini-camps, and things of that nature.

“So, I hope he does for his sake, for our sake, but it’s less predictable at this point because we’re dealing with two injuries. And two years off, I don’t think you can minimize not playing for two seasons. You have to get back. He has to re-learn a lot of football and his body has to re-learn a lot of football movement.”

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/04...enquez-golson/

[Carnell] Lake did not sound so excited about Golson, who hasn’t played a game of any kind — regular season or preseason — since he was drafted. And his two-year absence from the game because of injuries has caused the Steelers to have little hope he can help the secondary.

Golson missed all of last season with a Lisfranc foot injury, and Lake said he “would expect to see some drop off [in speed] there. I hope between now and start of training camp he goes home and really works on that aspect of his game. We need that.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/06/18/Steelers-secondary-pass-coverage-carnell-lake-artie-burns-senquez-golson-man-to-man-defense-Pittsburgh/stories/201706180098

I agree with all of that. I fully expect Golson to get cut before the end of the pre-season. But I am not going to freak out over a tweaked hammy on Day 3 or whatever of camp. I still argue that Conner's injury - whatever it was/is is far more serious of a concern for me than Golson's bum wheel.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I hope it's nothing serious, but then again, you'll remember that Duce Staley's hamstring tweak was basically career-ending. Same with Woodley.

No, I'm not saying hamstring injuries are suddenly the most dangerous thing in pro sports, but in a situation like this you kind of wonder what it's going to be next.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

I agree with all of that. I fully expect Golson to get cut before the end of the pre-season. But I am not going to freak out over a tweaked hammy on Day 3 or whatever of camp. I still argue that Conner's injury - whatever it was/is is far more serious of a concern for me than Golson's bum wheel.
    Agree about Conner being of more serious concern since a shoulder can lead to serious time off as well as being a recurring problem, along with Conner having a future with this team as the expected back to replace Willliams and give Bell some plays off

But I do not recall players usually needing to go back to Pittsburgh for further tests for a tweaked muscle, unless the trainers are like some of us on the board who assume any injury to Golson is presumably serious and needs to be treated accordingly

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Agree about Conner being of more serious concern since a shoulder can lead to serious time off as well as being a recurring problem, along with Conner having a future with this team as the expected back to replace Willliams and give Bell some plays off

But I do not recall players usually needing to go back to Pittsburgh for further tests for a tweaked muscle, unless the trainers are like some of us on the board who assume any injury to Golson is presumably serious and needs to be treated accordingly
    I see that too. Super strange sounding but that's the problem with reports in the social media age. Just get a few sentences with no context or analysis. Is it out of ordinary? Is it normal? Precautionary? Just no follow up. As long as you get it first nothing else seems to matter.

Hopefully good news on all injury fronts over the next several days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I hope it's nothing serious, but then again, you'll remember that Duce Staley's hamstring tweak was basically career-ending.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    I'm sure it wasn't all the McDonald's he had to endure while suffering with the hammy!

- - - Updated - - -

Ps. he has a lot of ball action going on there and glad he always had his head in the game even from the sideline.