Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Biggest threat for the Steelers in the AFC North?

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Biggest threat for the Steelers in the AFC North?

Maybe for the first time under Tomlin, the steelers will have very little competition in this division.

I don't know if you know the number of the Ravens injuries, but it's ridiculous.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: Biggest threat for the Steelers in the AFC North?

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Maybe for the first time under Tomlin, the steelers will have very little competition in this division.

I don't know if you know the number of the Ravens injuries, but it's ridiculous.

I never count out the Ravens - for whatever reason they have been successful against the Steelers despite the Steelers superior talent for the past several seasons - if the Steelers had not woke up in the 4th quarter after being outplayed by the Ravens until then last Christmas my bet is the Steelers would have missed the playoffs and Tomlin would be on the coaching hot seat

It would be nice if the Steelers could win in Baltimore in week 4 for the first time since 2012

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Cincinnati if healthy and not suspended has accumulated a ton of talent on offense. Mixon, Green, and Eifert could be a nightmare.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Cincinnati if healthy and not suspended has accumulated a ton of talent on offense. Mixon, Green, and Eifert could be a nightmare.
    Someone has to block - their OL has been decimated

https://nflspinzone.com/2017/05/29/c...reakdown-2017/

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    I never count out the Ravens - for whatever reason they have been successful against the Steelers despite the Steelers superior talent for the past several seasons - if the Steelers had not woke up in the 4th quarter after being outplayed by the Ravens until then last Christmas my bet is the Steelers would have missed the playoffs and Tomlin would be on the coaching hot seat

It would be nice if the Steelers could win in Baltimore in week 4 for the first time since 2012

The Ravens have always been tough against the Steelers, no matter the roster, but the ravens will not only play against the steelers.

We saw that in 2015, when they had 2 wins against the Steelers but they finished 5-11...I'm not saying that's what will happen, but I don't see them winning the division with all the injuries they have.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Ratbirds always give Steelers a tough 2 games.

But those injuries suck for them.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Q: Who is the biggest threat for the Steelers?

A: Hold outs, suspensions, injuries, marijuana, Facebook Live...

BurghBoy412

I agree. Baltimore is always a threat. Doesn't matter how decimated they may appear to be.

BurghBoy412

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

They truly are the only one's holding themselves back.

Quote Originally Posted by BurghBoy412 View Post
    I agree. Baltimore is always a threat. Doesn't matter how decimated they may appear to be.

In the games against us, yes they are very hard to beat no matter the roster of the two teams.

But they'll play 14 other games too.

- - - Updated - - -

This

It will be their fault if the steelers don't win the division.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Someone has to block - their OL has been decimated

https://nflspinzone.com/2017/05/29/c...reakdown-2017/
    Great point. I totally forgot about that. Mixon still scares me, even behind a bad line. He is a crappy human being, but he might be a mutant cross between Elliot and Bell.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Ratbirds, particularly Ratbirds defense. They always play tough.

Bengals have lost too many players the last 2 offseasons, including their top 2 Olinemen this offseason. They lost so many players, they resigned the mediocre Dre Kirkpatrick for $10 million+ a year just to not lose more bodies. Add to the fact that Marvin Lewis is not a good coach

As for the Browns, yeah they've added pieces but it's too soon for them to sniff competency this year

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Bengals. They lost Whitworth but they gained a lot of talent through the draft and if healthy, they are pretty decent on offense and defense. Baltimore is losing players left and right, the offense is going through changes and is going to be more of a west coast style.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Themselves !

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Iloka was carted off the field today after a non-contact knee injury. That would be a major loss for the Bengals if it's serious.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Browns would have the best shot if they weren't the Browns. No reason with all those high draft picks not to succeed, but they are the Browns.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

The Steelers are the Steelers' biggest threat.

On paper it looks like everything is shaping up great, but there's always the chance of some bonehead 2-4 start for no reason at all. Then one key injury and it turns into a 2-6 start while the (insert team name) surprise everyone by coming out of nowhere to be the last undefeated team in the league, and we're already fighting for a wild card spot that we're 3 games out of plus our tiebreakers have all been destroyed by conference losses or some shit. Then guys start mailing it in, and the second half of the season is just a circus about whether Bell is coming back (he isn't), and MAYBE we put together a late surge to get to 8-8 so message board people can say "well we STILL haven't had a losing season, omg Steelers fans are so spoiled!!!"

I mean, that's the worst case, but just saying, you can't take anything for granted in the NFL. Things can snowball out of control pretty quick. In fact, we had pretty much that exact same season not long ago.

Anyway, hopefully our luck is better than THAT.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Ha! Themselves. Was just thinking this when I read your post.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

The biggest threat to the steelers in this division is Vontaze Burfict and Greg Williams because of their history

No need to tell the story of Burfict against us and for Greg Williams, he is the DC of the browns and his teams are still dirty...Remember the games against the rams in 2015 when Roethlisberger was injured .... Their DC was Greg Williams.

And just look at the dirty hit that OBJ had against the Browns tonight ...

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

The biggest threat to the steelers in this division is Vontaze Burfict and Greg Williams because of their history

No need to tell the story of Burfict against us and for Greg Williams, he is the DC of the browns and his teams are still dirty...Remember the games against the rams in 2015 when Roethlisberger was injured .... Their DC was Greg Williams.

That didn't look good at all! Hope he's ok.

BurghBoy412

Biggest Threats

1. Cheap ass owner's who have the nerve to offer star RB's massive contracts.
    2. Midnight toke sessions
    3. Facebook live
    4. Roger Goodell
    5. Coss Rockrell hair

BurghBoy412

Honestly I don't care how anybody hits OBJ. Just keeping it real.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Sorry but I don't see anything dirty about that tackle. You can't go high on a player anymore so defenders are going low. From what I've read, OBJ is OK with a sprained ankle.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Wouldn't put it past thugimore to engage in cheapshottery either. Bubba thuggs likes to take his cheapshots as well

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

That's not dirty at all. That's what the league wants. No where near the head...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    That's not dirty at all. That's what the league wants. No where near the head...lol.

Dirty was maybe not the right word, but it was very dangerous.

Dirty was maybe not the right word, but it was very dangerous.
    Career threatening. But then every hit in the NFL anymore is career threatening.

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Im never gonna under estimate anybody in our division...baltimore always play us tough even if they havent even won a game against anybody else.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

We might finally get to see what Harbs really has as a coach. Not trying to resurrect this debate entirely, but if they go 6-10 or worse, I kinda feel like everyone has to dial back the Harbs love. Reading through that list of injuries, while extensive, I feel that Tomlin has squeezed 8-8 or 9-7 out of seasons with similar hospital ward rosters.

Could be wrong. Might be that Ravens situation is worse - don't know havent compared side by side.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    We might finally get to see what Harbs really has as a coach. Not trying to resurrect this debate entirely, but if they go 6-10 or worse, I kinda feel like everyone has to dial back the Harbs love. Reading through that list of injuries, while extensive, I feel that Tomlin has squeezed 8-8 or 9-7 out of seasons with similar hospital ward rosters.

Could be wrong. Might be that Ravens situation is worse - don't know havent compared side by side.
    The problem with the ravens is the roster, not Harbaugh.

And the ravens had several injuries in 2012 but they won the super bowl.Maybe the worst super bowl winning team in terms of talent.Yes Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are future HOF but they were old.