Thread: Steelers expected to extend contract of Mike Tomlin soon

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Steelers expected to extend contract of Mike Tomlin soon

It sounds like the next big contract extension going down for the Pittsburgh Steelers won’t be for Le’Veon Bell. In fact, it probably isn’t going to be a player at all. Multiple Steelers’ beat writers are speculating that the next contract extension is going to be for head coach Mike Tomlin.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: Steelers expected to extend contract of Mike Tomlin soon

hearing its a 1 year extension for now to avoid lame duck status in 2018 .... team buying time and cohesion

Win total benchmark extends Mike Tomlin contract

Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin earned himself another year of employment in Pittsburgh.

Tomlin's win total triggered a vesting option in his deal, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday, citing a source informed of the situation. He'll now be under contract through the 2019 season, though there have been talks about a longer pact.

"There have been some conversations between Steelers brass and Mike Tomlin and those who represent him and are putting him under contract through 2020," Rapoport explained Friday on Inside Training Camp Live. "From what I am told, those have not been finalized yet. Nothing is done, nothing has been agreed to as far as being under contract with 2020.

"But perhaps, what Ed Bouchette, the longtime Steelers beat man [of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette], tweeted about an announcement, perhaps it is simply saying that Tomlin is now under contract through 2019 because that automatically vested based on the success on the field."

read more

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300..._source=Direct

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Win total benchmark extends Mike Tomlin contract

Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin earned himself another year of employment in Pittsburgh.

Tomlin's win total triggered a vesting option in his deal, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday, citing a source informed of the situation. He'll now be under contract through the 2019 season, though there have been talks about a longer pact.

"There have been some conversations between Steelers brass and Mike Tomlin and those who represent him and are putting him under contract through 2020," Rapoport explained Friday on Inside Training Camp Live. "From what I am told, those have not been finalized yet. Nothing is done, nothing has been agreed to as far as being under contract with 2020.

"But perhaps, what Ed Bouchette, the longtime Steelers beat man [of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette], tweeted about an announcement, perhaps it is simply saying that Tomlin is now under contract through 2019 because that automatically vested based on the success on the field."

read more

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300..._source=Direct
    Hey! Look at that! Another tweet from Bouchette that is inaccurate. This guy is a joke. Like how does he still have a job? Maybe, I'm wrong - but when was the last time the Steelers main beat writer actually got something first and correct about the team?

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Well, cheerleaders do sometimes get extensions...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Hey! Look at that! Another tweet from Bouchette that is inaccurate. This guy is a joke. Like how does he still have a job? Maybe, I'm wrong - but when was the last time the Steelers main beat writer actually got something first and correct about the team?
    This statement is so true.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

If he cannot get is past NE before Ben retires it would be good to make a move at that time to replace him.
    All Defense!

It will have to be a disaster if Tomlin is fired by the steelers.

If Tomlin wants to do that, Tomlin will be HC for the steelers longer than Chuck Noll.(23 years or more)

Cowher would have surpassed Noll for the number of years as HC of the steelers if he would have wanted.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    If he cannot get is past NE before Ben retires it would be good to make a move at that time to replace him.
    Great! Then the Steelers could select from the deep pool of candidates that has regularly beaten New England. I mean there is...well wait...let me see here...just gotta find that list of coaches....I know it's here somewhere - Wait! Found It.

Welp - looks like that list has no names on it. I'll be damned.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Great! Then the Steelers could select from the deep pool of candidates that has regularly beaten New England. I mean there is...well wait...let me see here...just gotta find that list of coaches....I know it's here somewhere - Wait! Found It.

Welp - looks like that list has no names on it. I'll be damned.
    Tom Coughlin is available !!!!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

No he's not. He has a job.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

He has his faults but there are very few coaches out there right now that I would take over Tomlin.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Tomlin will be the HC of this team as long as he wants it.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    No he's not. He has a job.

If a team wants Coughlin, they could have him but it will not happen because of its age.

I was joking anyway, I think Coughlin and Mike Shanahan are the only coaches to have a winning record against the Pats with Brady.

Although some others teams were more competitive against the Pats than the steelers but that's another story.

If a team wants Coughlin, they could have him but it will not happen because of its age.

I was joking anyway, I think Coughlin and Mike Shanahan are the only coaches to have a winning record against the Pats with Brady.

Although some others teams were more competitive against the Pats than the steelers but that's another story.
    I doubt Coughlin would leave his Executive VP job with the Jags to coach another team. Maybe if he slid over to the Jags HC job but he's set up nicely now.

In the case that Tomlin were to get fired this season for- just make up a reason, I don't want to see some veteran coach re-tread (Gruden, Fisher, etc) brought in to coach this team. Cowher, I could accept it, but rather see young talent brought in.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Saw that Gruden has re-opened the HC door. I expect him to have an offer in Indy next season if Chuck has another miserable season.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I doubt Coughlin would leave his Executive VP job with the Jags to coach another team. Maybe if he slid over to the Jags HC job but he's set up nicely now.

In the case that Tomlin were to get fired this season for- just make up a reason, I don't want to see some veteran coach re-tread (Gruden, Fisher, etc) brought in to coach this team. Cowher, I could accept it, but rather see young talent brought in.

Not Fisher please.....The steelers will go 20 years back.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Not Fisher please.....The steelers will go 20 years back.
    LOL! Exactly! A porous defense AND an inept offense.