Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bryant is still in the process of being fully reinstated

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Bryant is still in the process of being fully reinstated

WTF?

Last edited by AtlantaDan; 07-27-2017 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Add Colbert statement

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Bryant is still in the process of being fully reinstated

another drama!

I am sick and tired.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

I just saw this too. I thought he at least would have been able to practice by now.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

This should have been done with already, NFL needs to stop being shitheads.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    This should have been done with already, NFL needs to stop being shitheads.
    As Alex Kozora tweeted, I bet this is on Bryant and his agent not getting a drug rehab/counseling plan filed and approved

This was the statement when Bryant was reinstated conditionally in April

Bryant will be allowed to work out at the team facilities and partake in team activities for the time being. He will be re-evaluated before the start of the regular season before being allowed to play. He is not yet allowed to practice or play in preseason games, but will be able to do so after “arrangements have been confirmed regarding Bryant’s clinical resources in Pittsburgh.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/04/25/st...reinstated-nfl
    Last edited by AtlantaDan; 07-27-2017 at 03:56 PM.

When the last time the steelers had no drama in their team?

It's ridiculous.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    When the last time the steelers had no drama in their team?

It's ridiculous.
    I really don't think this is that big of a deal to be completely honest.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post

I hope this is not a big deal for Bryant...But anyway, I talk in general for the steelers, not only from this case

So many suspension,controversy and etc in recent years for the Steelers ...

I hope this is not a big deal for Bryant...But anyway, I talk in general for the steelers, not only from this case

So many suspension,controversy and etc in recent years for the Steelers ...
    Yeah, but its like that for a lot of teams now.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    As Alex Kozora tweeted, I bet this is on Bryant and his agent not getting a drug rehab/counseling plan filed and approved
    Smh, does his agent smoke?
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Yeah I wish people would stop enabling this kid. He put himself in the situation and seems to be following the Josh Gordon plan.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Yeah, but its like that for a lot of teams now.
    Welcome to the politically correct NFL. Where we try to present a squeaky-clean image by creating a three-ring circus around every drug case and criminal case involving a player. I mean, that'll make them all stop doing it, right? Because otherwise they'd just be publicizing the fact that a lot of players are dirtbags? Nah, everyone will DEFINITELY just stop doing it, nothing to worry about, it's a perfect plan Mr. Commissioner sir.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Yeah, I think you're right.

This is a "conditional" reinstatement. He cannot be fully reinstated until Week 1. He has to comply and show the NFL his progress.
    Bryant can participate in team meetings and offseason workouts effective immediately. He will be allowed to participate in training camp practices and preseason games provided that he demonstrates before camp that he has made arrangements to continue drug treatment in Pittsburgh.

Before the regular season the NFL will review his progress, and if he has complied with drug treatment he will be fully reinstated for Week One.

So, he can have all the time for his Man to Man "Talk" w/Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    This is a "conditional" reinstatement. He cannot be fully reinstated until Week 1. He has to comply and show the NFL his progress.
    Cannot imagine why the NFL did not find this to be sufficient progress

Martavis Bryant uses poison frogs to help with recovery

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/201...with-recovery/

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Cannot imagine why the NFL did not find this to be sufficient progress

Martavis Bryant uses poison frogs to help with recovery

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/201...with-recovery/
    Isn't that a banned substance?

WTF?

Either the league office or Bryant (my guess is Bryant and/or his agent) did not get something done that should be done by now

Statement from Kevin Colbert

“Upon his conditional reinstatement in April, Martavis Bryant was made aware it was only the beginning of a process toward a return to being a full contributing member of the Pittsburgh Steelers. We have been informed by the NFL that Martavis is still in the process of being fully reinstated.

“Until that time, Martavis will be permitted to take part in off-the-field team activities at training camp, but he will not be permitted to practice or play in any games.”

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...f-d0aceccd06f0
    I have to admit, this is the first time in quite a while that I'm looking at something the league is doing and can say, "Yeah, I'm totally behind that." There's plenty of things I argue around here concerning seeing things from the league's point of view, but that doesn't mean I agree with them. This, on the other hand, seems to be dead on. It shows a concern not just for "showing the best face" but actually caring enough for the player to follow through with continued help. Now, the question has to be asked, why doesn't the league push in the next CBA to get this in the second or third instance before someone is suspended for a year?

Of course, this also doesn't negate what D.Will said a couple of weeks ago. It makes no sense to ban someone from the facilities and teammates. Most of the players go back home, which is to places that they got involved with the drugs in the first place. Smarter money is to suspend them from games and participating in team practices, but allow them to attend both.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Nor do I, Bryant will be on the field in a week.

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

I don't see why rehab/drug prevention plan is required. Reinstate the man.. he is a grown ass man and knows what's on the line. If he smokes another doob and fails a drug test like a fool then that's on him and he'll have to pay a fool's price. This is like taking the horse to the river and holding his head under the water until he drinks.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG Ī-

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    I don't see why rehab/drug prevention plan is required. Reinstate the man.. he is a grown ass man and knows what's on the line. If he smokes another doob and fails a drug test like a fool then that's on him and he'll have to pay a fool's price. This is like taking the horse to the river and holding his head under the water until he drinks.
    Which is pretty much exactly what you have to do for addicts. It's caring for people. You can't treat an addict like a grown, mature individual when dealing with the issue of their addiction.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

If this is a requirement of being reinstated that Bryant and his agent didn't take care of in a timely manner, Bryant is a moron and his agent is incompetent.

The agent's only job when a player is under contract and suspended is to make sure he meets all requirements and does everything in his power to get him on the field.

Bryant's one goal in his life should have been to stay away from weed and do everything possible to get back on the field and start making money for his family again.

If his agent dropped the ball, he may never get another client.

If his agent has tried to make arrangements and has been hounding Bryant to get this done and Bryant has been dragging his feet.....the stupidity meter would be off the charts.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Maybe he's waiting for Ben to apologize before he complies with reinstatement conditions.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    I have to admit, this is the first time in quite a while that I'm looking at something the league is doing and can say, "Yeah, I'm totally behind that." There's plenty of things I argue around here concerning seeing things from the league's point of view, but that doesn't mean I agree with them. This, on the other hand, seems to be dead on. It shows a concern not just for "showing the best face" but actually caring enough for the player to follow through with continued help. Now, the question has to be asked, why doesn't the league push in the next CBA to get this in the second or third instance before someone is suspended for a year?

Of course, this also doesn't negate what D.Will said a couple of weeks ago. It makes no sense to ban someone from the facilities and teammates. Most of the players go back home, which is to places that they got involved with the drugs in the first place. Smarter money is to suspend them from games and participating in team practices, but allow them to attend both.
    This is what I have really hoped for for some time. It makes no sense to remove a struggling individual from their support structure. Just take their money, but allow them to be around the facility.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Kind of shoddy "reporting" to say he speculates it's because he doesn't have his rehab set up. There's no facts that states that's the issue. It could be the actual issue, but to just throw that out there? TMZ-esque.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Kind of shoddy "reporting" to say he speculates it's because he doesn't have his rehab set up. There's no facts that states that's the issue. It could be the actual issue, but to just throw that out there? TMZ-esque.
    This statement was issued by the Steelers in April

Bryant may join the Steelers at the training facility and participate in meetings, conditioning work and similar activities. Once arrangements have been confirmed regarding Bryant’s clinical resources in Pittsburgh, he will be permitted to participate in all preseason activities, including practices and games.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...0-76073f70ae14

Since the Steelers said in April that Bryant could practice and play in games "once arrangements have been confirmed regarding Bryant’s clinical resources in Pittsburgh" seems reasonable to conclude that is the hangup.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Bryant is still in the process of being fully reinstated

To start it was a "conditional reinstatement". There was a laundry list of things Bryant would have to do and after time, the NFL would fully reinstate him. Not once everything was checked off the list, after time. Bryant told reporters several times that he had weekly required check-ins in order for him to be good with the league and get fully reinstated so it was clearly on his radar and the agents radar.

Just because he isn't fully reinstated Doesnt mean he didn't make arrangements for rehab or skip rehab or not meet all his requirements, he may have met every standard and requirement the NFL required the NFL still has to give him the go-ahead to get back on the field no matter what he has done. They need to review it all.

To just make the assumption that he didn't fulfill his rehab requirements is TMZ reporting. Maybe the NFL just needs to speak with the clinical personnel to see how Bryant is progressing or maybe he was right and maybe Bryant didn't make arrangements...but to go for the latter out of the gate, it's TMZ/ESPN crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Tomlin & Colbert: What is with all the trips to Denver & Seattle? Have you heard pot is legal there?

Bryant: Wow - i had no idea. I just wanted to see the Space Needle in Seattle and the Rocky Mountains.