Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bryant is still in the process of being fully reinstated

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Re: Bryant is still in the process of being fully reinstated

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Hopefully by the end of the week.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 4. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. Ryan Watts, S, Texas

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

League office decided it was time to issue a statement on why Bryant still cannot practice

A spokesman for the NFL said Friday morning Bryant still has to fulfill requirements before he can rejoin his teammates in practice.
    “He would be permitted to participate in all preseason activities, including practices and games, once he satisfies requirements,” league spokesman Brian McCarthy said in an email Friday.

McCarthy was not specific in what requirements Bryant has to fulfill, but the league’s announcement in April indicates it might have to do with his arrangements for “clinical resources” in Pittsburgh.
    “Bryant may join the Steelers at the training facility and participate in meetings, conditioning work and similar activities,” the statement said. “Once arrangements have been confirmed regarding Bryant’s clinical resources in Pittsburgh, he will be permitted to participate in all preseason activities, including practices and games.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...ime=1501858771

So it does appear to be related to setting up the support/counseling system

Either the league is simply dragging this out or Bryant's agent f***ed up by not getting this set up for approval months ago.

Not a peep from the NFLPA (no surprise there - that clown show that calls itself a union is worthless) or Bryant's agent, which indicates to me the agent screwed up.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    League office decided it was time to issue a statement on why Bryant still cannot practice

A spokesman for the NFL said Friday morning Bryant still has to fulfill requirements before he can rejoin his teammates in practice.
    “He would be permitted to participate in all preseason activities, including practices and games, once he satisfies requirements,” league spokesman Brian McCarthy said in an email Friday.

McCarthy was not specific in what requirements Bryant has to fulfill, but the league’s announcement in April indicates it might have to do with his arrangements for “clinical resources” in Pittsburgh.
    “Bryant may join the Steelers at the training facility and participate in meetings, conditioning work and similar activities,” the statement said. “Once arrangements have been confirmed regarding Bryant’s clinical resources in Pittsburgh, he will be permitted to participate in all preseason activities, including practices and games.”

Either the league is simply dragging this out or Bryant's agent f***ed up by not getting this set up for approval months ago.

Not a peep from the NFLPA (no surprise there - that clown show that calls itself a union is worthless) or Bryant's agent, which indicates to me the agent screwed up.

Ben and others claim he has done everything and are perplexed as to why the league has not moved forward on it ..... that being said somebody is serving up bad info be is team mates Bryant himself ( or is he speaking under false pretenses being told to him by his people who could very well be the ones that dropped the ball ?? ) or the league has " misplaced " or never received the paperwork ???

at the end of the day all WE have is more questions than answers as none of this is clear and this is the FIRST case of its kind by the league as before they laid down punishment and things to do to get reinstated but NEVER anything once you have jumped through those hoops ...

as a side note I am surprised a bigger stink wasn't made by the NFLPA on the terms of reinstatement .... in the end it is probably a good thing for Bryant as a person

a huge problem here is the league is now looking into potential use of weed as treatment , how does that look to players suspended for its use ??

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post

a huge problem here is the league is not looking into potential use of weed as treatment , how does that look to players suspended for its use ??
    This week the league claimed it may start looking into marijuana as a pain relief option

The NFL’s new chief medical officer admits that the league needs to take a serious look at how marijuana could potentially be used as a pain-management tool for players

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...uana-for-pain/

IMO that is PR bullshit by the league (like wanting to get to the bottom of the relationship between CTE and repeatedly getting hit in the head while playing football) but at least they are not as doctrinaire about the topic

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

This week the league claimed it may start looking into marijuana as a pain relief option

The NFL’s new chief medical officer admits that the league needs to take a serious look at how marijuana could potentially be used as a pain-management tool for players

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...uana-for-pain/

IMO that is PR bullshit by the league (like wanting to get to the bottom of the relationship between CTE and repeatedly getting hit in the head while playing football) but at least they are not as doctrinaire about the topic

NOT , was a typo should have been now ..... should make the statement make a ton more sense

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post
    NOT , was a typo should have been now ..... should make the statement make a ton more sense
    No worries -

No hypocrisy in saying you cannot use until the rules change - if the league ever does amend the CBA and allow marijuana as pain relief remedy then it will be like "medical marijuana" in States like California before California cut the crap and simply legalized recreational use - any player who wants to use will be able to get a doctor's note saying it is for medically necessary pain relief - until then players have to stay clean just as employees in States where pot is legal still cannot use if their employer drug tests and bans use as condition of employment

BurghBoy412

Maybe Bryant is responsible for setting up his own treatment/ counseling in Pittsburgh. It's a medical issue and I'm pretty sure law requires first person action when it comes to that kinda stuff. It makes me wonder how much Bryant is being responsible for himself and pressuring the NFL to get his reinstatement. If I was in his position I would be hounding them day and night. I did my part now follow through on your end NFL.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Martavis has been punished enough ...

FreeMartavis

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

The NFL office made it clear that there is something he hasn't fulfilled. They went out of their way to do so. At this point, MB has no credibility with me. I'm taking the NFL's side on this one. It'd be great to have him back... but, I didn't get everything I wanted for Christmas either. I wanted a new set of golf clubs and got a watch instead.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

I am getting tired of all of the political and marijuana bullshit. They are just as bad as the cheap shots players take on each other. Stop it already.
    All Defense!

Quote Originally Posted by BurghBoy412 View Post
    Maybe Bryant is responsible for setting up his own treatment/ counseling in Pittsburgh. It's a medical issue and I'm pretty sure law requires first person action when it comes to that kinda stuff. It makes me wonder how much Bryant is being responsible for himself and pressuring the NFL to get his reinstatement. If I was in his position I would be hounding them day and night. I did my part now follow through on your end NFL.
    LOL - the only thing I would trust Bryant to handle on his own is to buy more drugs

It would seem to be the agent's job - but there have to be qualified professionals in this field that Bryant could find through either talking to John Lucas (assuming Lucas still trusts him after Bryant worked with Lucas during his 2015 suspension), the Steelers or the NFLPA

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Just get this crap cleared up and squared away so we can put an end to this. Sheesh. Incompetence is everywhere, including immature Martavis Bryant and his peanut-sized brain that allowed him to get into this mess in the first place

Blitzburgh‏ @Steel_Curtain4

Bryant was coming off the bus with his pads and Kevin Colbert stopped him and pads were taken away. #Steelers

- - - Updated - - -

I do believe the league is pissing with him at this point .....

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Which part of Bryant's history instills confidence in you that he has actually met all the conditions for reinstatement?

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

If Martavis played for the Patriots, he would be on the field and practicing by now.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    If Martavis played for the Patriots, he would be on the field and practicing by now.
    This X100!

But I do think he'll be on the field next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
    What part of Goodell's dealings with Brady and Kraft over the past two years make you believe that?

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    What part of Goodell's dealings with Brady and Kraft over the past two years make you believe that?
    I think Goodell lightly spanked Kraft & Brady to make himself and his shield look good. This is what he should have acted on.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...dence-cover-up

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I think Goodell lightly spanked Kraft & Brady to make himself and his shield look good. This is what he should have acted on.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...dence-cover-up
    I think that an objective view would conclude that taking their #1 pick and suspending the league's best QB 4 games was not a light spank.

I think that an objective view would conclude that taking their #1 pick and suspending the league's best QB 4 games was not a light spank.
    And they Cheated for years and were rewarded for it. Light spanking imo.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Compared to this debacle where there was no proof and trumped up charges. What they got was a walk in the park.
    https://deadspin.com/5941442/saints-...rned-on-appeal

Where was the year suspension for belicheat? What about his coaching staff being torn apart? Bigger question why was something that they had concreate evidence treated so lightly while throwing the book at something that was never proven? Why did they refer to bob kraft as the assistant commissioner at the NFL offices a few short years ago?

BurghBoy412

LOL - the only thing I would trust Bryant to handle on his own is to buy more drugs

It would seem to be the agent's job - but there have to be qualified professionals in this field that Bryant could find through either talking to John Lucas (assuming Lucas still trusts him after Bryant worked with Lucas during his 2015 suspension), the Steelers or the NFLPA
    I'm starting to think this has something to do with the Steelers front office not wanting him out there. I remember how quickly they ran off Santonio Holmes and he was a Super Bowl MVP. I'm really starting to wonder if Kevin Colbert isn't partly to blame for all this hold up. It's beginning to appear like he has some kind of vendetta with Bryant.

For me, the deflategate is nothing major and it is a shame for the league....There had no evidence.For the spygate, it's another story, Belichick would have deserved to be suspended for the season in 2007.

For the bountygate, Gregg Williams would have deserved to be suspended longer and the suspension of Sean Payton and other players were a joke.

Too much incompetence in this league since Goodell is the commissioner.

Quote Originally Posted by BurghBoy412 View Post
    I'm starting to think this has something to do with the Steelers front office not wanting him out there. I remember how quickly they ran off Santonio Holmes and he was a Super Bowl MVP. I'm really starting to wonder if Kevin Colbert isn't partly to blame for all this hold up. It's beginning to appear like he has some kind of vendetta with Bryant.

The trade of Santonio Holmes was bad for the steelers.....It was a overreaction with the situation of Holmes and also Roethisberger....

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

The trade of Santonio Holmes was bad for the steelers.....It was a overreaction with the situation of Holmes and also Roethisberger....
    That trade netted Antonio Brown... so...

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    That trade netted Antonio Brown... so...

I don't know if it's true, but if it's true, it was very lucky!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I don't know if it's true, but if it's true, it was very lucky!
    It's true. Steelers traded the 5th round pick they got for Holmes and traded it to the Cardinals. They got Bryant McFadden and a 6th round pick in return. That 6th round pick was AB