Thread: Kyrie Irving requests trade to San Antonio Spurs

Senior Member Array title="Nadroj 20 is just really nice"> Nadroj 20's Avatar

Kyrie Irving requests trade to San Antonio Spurs

According to a report from Adrian Wojnarowski at ESPN, Kyrie Irving wants to be traded to the San Antonio Spurs.

Earlier Friday, reports emerged that Irving met with the Cleveland Cavaliers last week and asked to be traded.

While members of the organization are said to be surprised by the request, particularly LeBron James, the last part of the story to break is that one of the few places that he wants to be traded is to the Spurs.
    http://www.kens5.com/sports/nba/spur...purs/458605876

Knicks, Heat, and Timberwolves were also listed as preferred destinations.
    "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose"
    ~Rest In Peace HometownGal~

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Kyrie Irving requests trade to San Antonio Spurs

I'd like to see him on the Heat.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

I also requested a trade to the Spurs.

Pop just flicked me off.

If he wants to be "The Man" somewhere, the Spurs is not the place to go. It is if you want to compete for championships if/when LeBron leaves Cleveland in a year because he won't be able to compete in Cleveland without LeBron.

I read somewhere he came out and said he didn't want to play with LeBron anymore.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

If he went to the Spurs, it would most likely mean the retirement of Tony Parker. And probably trading away Aldridge in the process. It wouldn't be Irving just leaves Cleveland and joins the Spurs with no player trade. Sounds like he's a bit tired of the constant Lebron drama. I would like to see Kyrie go to the TWolves, and Lebron join the Celtics. AND why would any player choose the Knicks right now? Saw them on his list also.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    If he went to the Spurs, it would most likely mean the retirement of Tony Parker. And probably trading away Aldridge in the process. It wouldn't be Irving just leaves Cleveland and joins the Spurs with no player trade. Sounds like he's a bit tired of the constant Lebron drama. I would like to see Kyrie go to the TWolves, and Lebron join the Celtics. AND why would any player choose the Knicks right now? Saw them on his list also.
    I will never understand the New York thing but players want to be there for off the court reasons. If the Knicks were in Phoenix you'd definitely never hear about players wanting to play there.

The Knicks and Heat actually make the most sense for Cleveland. If they trade him to the Knicks they would almost definitely get Melo and that seems to be someone they/LeBron wants but I don't think he makes up for the loss of Kyrie. As far as the Heat at least Cleveland could get someone back like Goran Dragic a very solid PG and maybe a young forward like Justise Winslow.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Meh. I'm not a big LeBron fan but screw the Celtics. I hate all Boston teams.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post
    I will never understand the New York thing but players want to be there for off the court reasons. If the Knicks were in Phoenix you'd definitely never hear about players wanting to play there.

The Knicks and Heat actually make the most sense for Cleveland. If they trade him to the Knicks they would almost definitely get Melo and that seems to be someone they/LeBron wants but I don't think he makes up for the loss of Kyrie. As far as the Heat at least Cleveland could get someone back like Goran Dragic a very solid PG and maybe a young forward like Justise Winslow.
    LeBron does seem to want to play with Melo. Cleveland would need to keep Love and maybe move LeBron to the 1/2 spot. Apparently he doesn't like playing forward. Sill missing depth, but more like his old heat team.

Trade Irving for Dragic and bring in Melo is a good move for all 3 teams. I like it.