Thread: T.J. Watt: ‘I Believe I Was Born To Play Football’

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

T.J. Watt: ‘I Believe I Was Born To Play Football’

For some rookies, the first NFL game is a deer in the headlights moment. A new scheme, playbook, the speed of the game. It’s a lot to take in. For T.J. Watt, it’s hard to tell if this was his first game or 100th.
    After the win, one in which Watt notched two sacks on his first two pass rushes, he said he felt comfortable on the field. Whether that was playing the heavy amount of snaps he did, 63 on defense alone, flipping both linebacker spots, or seeing time on special teams.
    “I’m never going to turn down reps,” Watt said via Steelers.com, asking about his snap count.
    It was mostly a result of the team having only three active linebackers, Watt included. Bud Dupree, Anthony Chickillo, and Keion Adams all sat out with injury. That left the Steelers with just Watt, Arthur Moats, and Farrington Huguenin.
    Watt said his experience in college, playing both outside linebacker spots and getting work on special teams made last night easier and him more confident.

More here..

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/08...play-football/

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: T.J. Watt: ‘I Believe I Was Born To Play Football’

R-O-Y

And I've been saying that since before the draft.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I know its early but I think the Steelers have some Jack Lambert energy back on defense!

BurghBoy412

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I know its early but I think the Steelers have some Jack Lambert energy back on defense!
    Indeed!

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Yep, he's going to be a beast.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Watt's second "gimme" sack was actually a really damn good play.

Watt was deliberately left unblocked by the Giants so they could misdirect him.

The Giants ran an option play to take advantage of Watt's aggressiveness and tried to run him past the quarterback and out of the play, and it almost worked, but Watt didn't bite and geared back towards the Quarterback. Sack.

Watt is going to be a very special player.